Giants @ White Sox, 3/21/07

Balta1701

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede short popup RBI single to CF. Sox take a 2-1 lead as Erstad scores.

Pierzynski flies out to the track. Inning over, 2-1 Sox going to the 4th.

Klesko ground ball infield single past Cintron to lead off the 4th.

Linden bunts for a base hit. 1st and 2nd, nobody out.

Niekro flies out to Podsednik on the warning track. Klesko to 3rd. Close play, Podsednik covered some ground.

Runner at first goes, Runner Linden gets hung up, but the play gets screwed up, Cintron goes to 3rd, and LInden walks to 2nd.

Alfonzo singles to RF. 1 run in. 1st and 3rd, tie game.

Frandsen hits a fly ball to right field. Erstad and Terrero have a miscommunication. Both players put the breaks on. The ball falls for a double. Run scores. 3-2 Giants. 2 botched defensive plays in the last 3 batters.

Edited by Balta1701

Roberts works a full count and walks. 2nd walk given up by Javy. Bases loaded for Randy Winn.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)
That will definitely help the pitching bounce back this year...

Erstad and Cintron. That's all you need to know. Cintron screwed up the run-down and went to 3rd, Erstad stopped in CF when he's supposed to be the traffic cop out there.

Randy Winn pops up to AJ. 2 outs. Bases still loaded.

De La Rosa lines out to jumpin' Joe Crede. Inning over.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
:huh

rooting against Erstad?

At this point? Yes. It's spring training, so the games don't matter, and I want every single reason possible for Ozzie to decide he's not capable of being a starting CF for 150 games like Ozzie seems to think.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
I really hope are pitchers have a game plan this spring and are just working up there arms, because they havent been to good.

especially when you compare it with what other staffs in our division are doing this spring.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
I really hope are pitchers have a game plan this spring and are just working up there arms, because they havent been to good.

Well... Javy has given up 3 runs, but two of those were from botched defense. He's given up 1 run that is really his, in 4 innings.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
especially when you compare it with what other staffs in our division are doing this spring.

Don't know if it matters, but I believe all 4 division opponents still train in Florida. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
So, does Hall play a lot of first base? Is he a viable back up there?

I think Ozzie and company are playing with an idea. They are trying to see if Hall can play 1st. This would lead me to believe they are thinking of using Hall as the backup right handed 1st baseman, and Perez would go.

Terrero is playing himself right into Charlotte or release.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
So, does Hall play a lot of first base? Is he a viable back up there?

If so, he could make a solid guy to spell Thome, with PK at DH. But that means AJP has to play, so if its against a lefty, you only replace one of them instead of both. So I don't see that happening too often.

I really wish they'd consider using Pablo as a DH against lefties. With the power righthanded bats we already have (Dye, Crede, PK, Gooch), our DH does not necessarily have to be a power guy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
Well... Javy has given up 3 runs, but two of those were from botched defense. He's given up 1 run that is really his, in 4 innings.

Javy has a way of giving up runs that aren't his fault. Until the 6th inning that is. Then he takes full control of opening the flood gates.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
If so, he could make a solid guy to spell Thome, with PK at DH. But that means AJP has to play, so if its against a lefty, you only replace one of them instead of both. So I don't see that happening too often.

I really wish they'd consider using Pablo as a DH against lefties. With the power righthanded bats we already have (Dye, Crede, PK, Gooch), our DH does not necessarily have to be a power guy.

Why Mack can play 1st also.

I trust Hall at 1st, with Kong as the DH, and AJ as the catcher more than I trust Thome hitting against a lefty.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)

There is no reason at all not to give Erstad 2 days out of every 10 at first. 1 of those days Konerko sits, the other day Konerko plays DH. Then give Erstad/Mack 1 more day out of every 10 in Right Field. That's exactly how he should be used.

Durham grounds out 3 unassisted.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)

I trust Hall at 1st, with Kong as the DH, and AJ as the catcher more than I trust Thome hitting against a lefty.

AJ put up an Erstad-like .623 OPS against lefties last year in a pretty good overall year. Still hit .273 against lefties, but he just wasn't effective against them. 141 at bats.

Klesko singles up the middle on a full count. Singleton saying Vazquez is struggling with his mechanics.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)

I trust Erstad at 1st more than Hall. JMHO.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
Don't know if it matters, but I believe all 4 division opponents still train in Florida. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

The bottom 6 AL teams in spring training ERA all train in Arizona. The Top 8 all train in Florida.

Coincidence?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:26 PM)
The bottom 6 AL teams in spring training ERA all train in Arizona. The Top 8 all train in Florida.

Coincidence?

it's a valid point. Mark Grant, the color guy for the Padres, says pitching in Tucson is like "pitching on the moon."