WooWoo

Controlled Chaos

I was reading this article and saw this..

The legendary Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers woo-wooed a lot from behind home plate, high-fived the slackened hands around him, and posed for a photo with a newborn. When an elderly, ill-humored woman a few rows over finally snapped, "Would you sit down and shut up!" Woo Woo was for a moment crestfallen, then waved and responded, "I love you!" Killing her with Cubbiness.

Couple things...How does this guy afford to be at spring training...Do the cubs pay for him to go? Who the f*** would want a picture with him let alone hand over their newborn to get one?

Kudos to the old lady. I have no idea how I would handle it if woo woo was a Sox fan and doing his spiel the whole game. It would drive me absolutely nuts.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
I was reading this article and saw this..

The legendary Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers woo-wooed a lot from behind home plate, high-fived the slackened hands around him, and posed for a photo with a newborn. When an elderly, ill-humored woman a few rows over finally snapped, "Would you sit down and shut up!" Woo Woo was for a moment crestfallen, then waved and responded, "I love you!" Killing her with Cubbiness.

Couple things...How does this guy afford to be at spring training...Do the cubs pay for him to go? Who the f*** would want a picture with him let alone hand over their newborn to get one?

Kudos to the old lady. I have no idea how I would handle it if woo woo was a Sox fan and doing his spiel the whole game. It would drive me absolutely nuts.

we did have andy the clown, but he was just colorful.

GO...WHITE...SOX!

i loved andy the clown, and generally clowns disturb me.

Edited by thedoctor

lol, cub fans need someone like woo woo in the stands to distract them from the car wreck they call a team on the field.

surprised the royals and pirates haven't embraced someone like Woo to front their organization i mean honestly who cares about George Brett & Roberto Clemente; hey lets play two.

Funny story, Friday at the cubs vs sox game, he was about 20 rows behind me with this typical cubs woo cubs woo BS, i had my cubs sux shirt on and stood up and turned and started yelling sux over his famous WOO noise. The Sox fans around me started laughing and chanting along.....needless to say Ronnie (surprisingly) shot me a dirty look and walked away soon after.

I loathe him

QUOTE(Chi Town Sox @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
Funny story, Friday at the cubs vs sox game, he was about 20 rows behind me with this typical cubs woo cubs woo BS, i had my cubs sux shirt on and stood up and turned and started yelling sux over his famous WOO noise. The Sox fans around me started laughing and chanting along.....needless to say Ronnie (surprisingly) shot me a dirty look and walked away soon after.

I loathe him

I've told a similar story on here before.

Same situation, Sox/Cubs game at the Cell a few years ago. A Sox fan was following Ronnie around the park yelling:

Boo Ronnie

Boo Cubbies

Boo Wrigley, over and over and over and over again.

I saw him three different times during that game being followed by the same Sox fan and Ronnie looked irritated. Now I wouldn't spend my money and time following Ronnie around during a game, but it was still pretty hilarious.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
I've told a similar story on here before.

Same situation, Sox/Cubs game at the Cell a few years ago. A Sox fan was following Ronnie around the park yelling:

Boo Ronnie

Boo Cubbies

Boo Wrigley, over and over and over and over again.

I saw him three different times during that game being followed by the same Sox fan and Ronnie looked irritated. Now I wouldn't spend my money and time following Ronnie around during a game, but it was still pretty hilarious.

haha thats pretty funny.

i saw woo woo at Sox/Cubs . some little kid said, in woo woo's direction, "Look, it's ronnie Poo Poo!". don't know why, but i couldn't stop laughing.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
Seeing him outside the Cell before Game 1 of the WS was stomach-turning enough. But seeing a couple of supposed Sox Fans fall all over themselves to get their picture taken with him was beyond pathetic.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Another funny moment from the Sox-Cubs spring training game, at least to me. Ronnie was doing his usual cheer, he was in the OF bleachers at the time where I was at and this Sox fan beside me yelled out to Scott "Hey Scott, you know he's saying Scott Po! Scott Po!" and then Scott turns around and starts laughing at the comment. Thought the comment was funny, but even funnier that players actually listen to what's being said from the stands.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
Remember when he was missing for several days and the media may a big scene out of it?

that was awesome

Yep, and IIRC he had gotten a job delivering pizzas while he was allegedly "missing". :chair

Edited by zimne piwo

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:26 PM)
Is he really homeless?

How long's he been at his act?

These are question nobody has been able to answer for me. What does Ronnie do for a living? How does he afford to go to these games?

On a separate note, I find most Cub fans even think he is a nuisance.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
These are question nobody has been able to answer for me. What does Ronnie do for a living? How does he afford to go to these games?

On a separate note, I find most Cub fans even think he is a nuisance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's related to someone with a whole lot of money. He's been doing this for years, correct? Someone is paying for plane tickets (to appear at spring training), washing his jersey, feeding him, paying for his admittance, etc.

Maybe it's just a generous soul with excess money to spend. Even then, he has to be living somewhere during the winter. Wherever this mysterious location resides it's somewhere close to Wrigley Field -- where living isn't exactly cheap. I don't believe many strangers would willingly pay room and board for someone who provides nothing to this planet other than a few strange sounds.