Sox v Mariners, at TEP, 3:05pm, 3/22/07

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
Because Darin really used all of his Grinder abilities to get on base and let himself get driven in by a homerun. That's f***ing Moneyball.

Well, leading off on this team, thats what is supposed to happen right? I mean, Thome, Konerko, and Dye sometimes do hit home runs.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
The more and more I think about Pods and Erstad leading off, the more I dream of having two fat guys who can't run at the top of the order, but get on base 37% of the time. Anyone who has a brain in their head knows that the entire offense is premised around hitting three run bombs, so you might as well get the guys on base first before we try hitting baseballs into the concourse.

I still remember getting laughed at for suggesting we trade a starting pitcher for Adam Dunn. I can't believe some people actually think it's smart for us to be bunting in the first inning before our 3-4-5 hitters get up.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
No, stepping it up is stringing together multi hit games with more frequency between now and the end of spring training. A single is not much, but it's a start.

Multi hit games.........like the one Erstad had yesterday? Hmmm

AJ seemed to get caught and there wasn't really anything he could have done. Funky play that ended up with the Sox getting a gift run.

Haegar with a lead off walk to Bloomquist.

Anyone find it troubling that we have had men on second twice and base hits could not get him in.

Haegar working on a cutter.

Hit and run Bloomquist to third on the base hit.

Sac Fly 1-out man on first

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
I still remember getting laughed at for suggesting we trade a starting pitcher for Adam Dunn. I can't believe some people actually think it's smart for us to be bunting in the first inning before our 3-4-5 hitters get up.

I'd bat him leadoff just for s***s and giggles. f***, just get like nine Scott Hattebergs and the opposing team would have to switch pitchers after throwing so many pitches.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
Multi hit games.........like the one Erstad had yesterday? Hmmm

What don't you get here? The point in Anderson outproducing Erstad is to make a decision to send him down less likely. If Guillen asks Brian to step it up, and he does, I would hope a roster spot remains. It's that simple.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
What don't you get here? The point in Anderson outproducing Erstad is to make a decision to send him down less likely. If Guillen asks Brian to step it up, and he does, I would hope a roster spot remains. It's that simple.

Well everyone keeps talking about him outperforming Erstad to this point, so I would think if he is told to step it up, he would need to seperate himself more from Erstad. And if all he is doing is matching him for hits, I don't think that is going to cut it.

BA will make the team!! Don't worry.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Well everyone keeps talking about him outperforming Erstad to this point, so I would think if he is told to step it up, he would need to seperate himself more from Erstad. And if all he is doing is matching him for hits, I don't think that is going to cut it.

In his last 5 plate appearances, Anderson is 3/4 with a home run, a walk, 2 hits, and a couple of RBI.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)

Truth be told, most of us don't care if Anderson makes or doesn't make the team as long as Erstad is grinding it to his maximum potential by hitting weak groundouts to the right side.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
Truth be told, most of us don't care if Anderson makes or doesn't make the team as long as Erstad is grinding it to his maximum potential by hitting weak groundouts to the right side.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)

I'd actually prefer watching BA grind himself into the ground at home plate while swinging.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
I think Haeger blew his chances today to be the 5th starter.

I think charlie was out of that race a while ago, today may have blown his chances at that last bullpen spot.

Iguchi singles right back up the middle. Gooch gettin' on a role.

Edited by Balta1701