Sox v Mariners, at TEP, 3:05pm, 3/22/07

My first of the season.

Ahem... mi mi mi mi mi...

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

Oh, and, go BA!!! Play good, hit ball hard, prove I'm not insane being the only person on this board who thinks you still have a shot.

ETA: Contreras v Ramirez

Edited by NorthSideSox72

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
My first of the season.

Ahem... mi mi mi mi mi...

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

Oh, and, go BA!!! Play good, hit ball hard, prove I'm not insane being the only person on this board who thinks you still have a shot.

I'm glad you started this thread, since you are such a huge BA fan and he's starting today...perhaps you will be the luck charm he needs!

Oh, and FIRST!@#$@!

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
I'm glad you started this thread, since you are such a huge BA fan and he's starting today...perhaps you will be the luck charm he needs!

I'm actually not that big a fan, I think I'd rather have any number of guys in there. BUT, I think he is a FAR better choice than to start in CF this year. He's the best option on the club at this time.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
I'm actually not that big a fan, I think I'd rather have any number of guys in there. BUT, I think he is a FAR better choice than to start in CF this year. He's the best option on the club at this time.

:)

I feel the exact same way. I was never a big fan of his as a prospect either, he had some good tools, well rounded ballplayer but nothing he did in the minors ever jumped out at you. He has grown on me a bit largely because of his personality and defensively prowess but in the end there's a whole lot of guys out there I'd much rather have in CF than him but at this particular juncture he is the best CF option available.

Lineup via Reifert

Erstad, LF; Iguchi, 2b; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; AJ, C; BA, CF; Uribe, SS. Contreras pitching.

Horacio Ramirez on the mound for Seattle. This is probably Jose's last ST appearance before Opening Day.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
I like Erstad in LF over Pods.

Eh, I'm not so sure. I think I'd rather have Mack than either of those two, actually - with Ozuna playing against lefties. Gload would have been better than either one as well. But between Pods and Erstad, I think I'd actually take Pods in LF, all things considered (though its sort of a lesser evil choice).

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
I think he's probably the better option too, although I can't say he's really grown on me. His defense is very good but I still don't know about that swing of his.

And the tattoos are a turn-off. <_>

His personality kind of rubs me the wrong way...when he first burst onto the scene, some of the things I heard him say in the media were rediculous -- I felt he'd make a better pro-wrester than a baseball player -- especially considering he accomplished a truckload of nothing at the time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
I actually like how Pods has been playing so I disagree. Erstad is no lead off hitter.

Erstad is no leadoff hitter, but offensively, if Podsednik can't run at a reasonable clip, then he's not going to be any better than Erstad, because the advantage Pods has in OBP will be chewed up by the caught stealings. If the 2 of them are equal offensively, then you look to defense, and I think most people here would say that Erstad will probably be better defensively.

If Podsednik can steal bases like it's early 05 again...then he's clearly the best option, but right now we don't have a clue about that. Although he was 2/2 on the Giants backup catcher yesterday.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
Id love for Erstad and Pods to have great seasons. Maybe than everyone will have to find something else to complain about.

I wouldn't have anything to complain about if Erstad had a great season while used in the correct role.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Erstad is no leadoff hitter, but offensively, if Podsednik can't run at a reasonable clip, then he's not going to be any better than Erstad, because the advantage Pods has in OBP will be chewed up by the caught stealings. If the 2 of them are equal offensively, then you look to defense, and I think most people here would say that Erstad will probably be better defensively.

If Podsednik can steal bases like it's early 05 again...then he's clearly the best option, but right now we don't have a clue about that. Although he was 2/2 on the Giants backup catcher yesterday.

Back up or not, it seems like catchers nowadays arent very good at throwing out base runners. I think that will help benefit Pods.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
Back up or not, it seems like catchers nowadays arent very good at throwing out base runners. I think that will help benefit Pods.

True. Except for Detroit, we should be able to steal on every catcher in our division, pretty consistently.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
I thought Buck is pretty solid at throwing? Also, with all of the LHP in our division, Pods will be playing in about half the games within the division if he's platooning with Pablo.

Sounds good to me. I like Pablo. I just wish we still had Raines around to teach him how to use his speed better.