White Sox @ Giants, 3/26/07

Balta1701

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
I believe the phrase "get off the deck" just means to quit being lackadaisical.

When the Score began playing the soundbye after the Iguchi grandslam I initially thought Farmio was yelling at fans to get off the fan deck. Out of context, you have no idea what he's saying.

He tends to yell it after homeruns though, it makes no sense to tell the team to stop being lackadaisical after they just took the lead on a big homerun.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
Please, never say that phrase again.

It's the mating call of the baseball retarded.

Hey! I love that little audio snippet on the '05 DVD.

Retarded? No. Sox-tarded? Yes. I'm just pointing out it's a bit premature to be writing off the entire season before it's even BEGUN...

;)

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
Hey! I love that little audio snippet on the '05 DVD.

Retarded? No. Sox-tarded? Yes. I'm just pointing out it's a bit premature to be writing off the entire season before it's even BEGUN...

;)

Not many have completely written off the season. Even though I believe we'll end up in third place, it's not out of the realm of possibility this current team reaches the playoffs. I'm as anxious as anyone for this season to begin.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
I'll give you the 2006 Cardinals...but here's the key thing. When all of the cards have been shown, when each team has had its season on the line...what is the one commonality? Their pitching stepped up. In 2005, the White Sox pitching staff carried a mediocre offense to 110 wins. The pitching was just phenomenal the entire year. In 2006, the Cardinals struggled, but when they hit the playoffs, they finally had a rotation where guys stepped up, and those pitchers took care of business. I was saying in July of last year that the Mets would lose in the playoffs the moment they ran into a team which was pitching well, and they did.

Most talent is not the issue. Most talent, and most performance, at the key spots is a much bigger issue to my eyes. You get starting pitching and bullpen pitching...and you look pretty darn good as long as you're putting something on the field. Especially if you combine that with defense.

I agree with all your points. The reason I brought this up was because I constantly read posts of which team had more talent...'06 versus the '07 White Sox. I vaguely remember seeing someone write the '07 team isn't as talented as last year's team and probably won't win 80 games. I can't agree with that at all. This may or may not be the most talented team. There's no way to know that until after the season is over. I don't even think the 2005 team was the most talented overall team in baseball. The offense hit a lot of home runs but wasn't the best offense in the league. They did, however, have the pitching staff who pitched the best throughout the season and was even better in the playoffs. People can argue all they want whether or not the White Sox are more talented than last year or whether or not they're even the most talented team in the AL Central. It's the team who can play the best most consistently, and...at the right time.