Apple Fans

LowerCaseRepublican

So, Spring 2007.

I am looking to get a new Apple MacBook for my new computer since my Dell is on its last legs. As a result, I want to get a Mac to avoid a lot of malware, etc. However, I want to wait for Leopard to come out as the OS. Anybody have any knowledge as to approximately when in spring Apple is going to release their machines with Leopard on it?

Hooray Mac.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
So, Spring 2007.

I am looking to get a new Apple MacBook for my new computer since my Dell is on its last legs. As a result, I want to get a Mac to avoid a lot of malware, etc. However, I want to wait for Leopard to come out as the OS. Anybody have any knowledge as to approximately when in spring Apple is going to release their machines with Leopard on it?

Hooray Mac.

Jobs is keeping the release date pretty close to to his chest. I would say by the chatter, its probably around the June timeframe with probably some new hardware released at the same time for a big splash.

I will contact our Apple rep on Monday and see if I can squeeze a more definite date for you LCR.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
I kind of think DOS is better than Vista. :D

I kind of think blunt force trauma is better than any flavor of Windows. :D

That said, I just bought my Wintel-loving statistically significant other a new HP Pavilion laptop with Vista pre-installed, so i know I'm just asking for trouble. :unsure:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
I kind of think blunt force trauma is better than any flavor of Windows. :D

That said, I just bought my Wintel-loving statistically significant other a new HP Pavilion laptop with Vista pre-installed, so i know I'm just asking for trouble. :unsure:

It's a pain in the ass. As soon as you get it make sure to disable User Access Control. Don't worry though besides all the incompatible applications everything else is pretty much the same...even though they moved EVERYTHING around to different spots.

They also made it all bubbly and colorful. At least the search tool works now.

I've been running Vista for a month or so on my new Dell laptop and so far love it. It takes some adjustment from other OS, but any jump does. I don't discount the visual, after all both Apple and MS are GUI with the emphasis on graphical. While I was comfortable with Dos commands and X-Tree Gold, I'll click any day of the week. And I like a pretty and bubbly interface when I'm stuck inside working. :D

Besides, only liberals own Macs

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Apple Store is on my s***e List. I've been back-ordered on an AirPort Extreme Base Station for two months, despote the fact that the website says ships within 24 hours.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

the reason is they are making a new one that has faster streaming to go with their apple tv.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
So, Spring 2007.

Hooray Mac.

they have a conference in june and i think he will announce it then. its being delayed to update ilife apps.