Do you believe Billy Packer?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
Since when does 'f**' mean 'lazy'? The closest thing you can get to that is 'exhausted' and that makes NO sense in this context.

...and even if you play along and believe that he meant 'exhausted', who the hell uses that word in that way??

Reminds when that politician used the word n****rdly and was forced to resign because it offended a black person.

Not to mention if you look at it in the context he was using, it certainly doesn't read like he was using it as a slur. It reads as if he was using it the way he said.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Why doesn't Packer just tell the truth? He was obviously using 'f**' in place of the word 'wuss'

You're always f**ging out on me.

You're always tiring out on me.

You're always exhausting out on me.

You're always wussing out on me. DING!

It's not like he's going to face any sort of punishment for this. Why not just say what he meant instead of trying to play games?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
Since when does 'f**' mean 'lazy'? The closest thing you can get to that is 'exhausted' and that makes NO sense in this context.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/f**ging

1. to tire or weary by labor; exhaust (often fol. by out): The long climb f**ged us out.

I can see the term f**ging ( which means exhaustion) associated with Lazy.

When I am exhausted I do not feel life doing anything else. I feel like doing nothing, I feel lazy.

The words "lazy" and "tired" go hand in hand with each other.

The phrase "lazy and tired" compiled 30,800 search results on google.

The phrase "tired and lazy" compiled 47,200 search results on google.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/f**ging

1. to tire or weary by labor; exhaust (often fol. by out): The long climb f**ged us out.

I can see the term f**ging ( which means exhaustion) associated with Lazy.

When I am exhausted I do not feel life doing anything else. I feel like doing nothing, I feel lazy.

The words "lazy" and "tired" go hand in hand with each other.

The phrase "lazy and tired" compiled 30,800 search results on google.

The phrase "tired and lazy" compiled 47,200 search results on google.

If you see the actual video clip there's way in hell he means that. If just makes no sense at all. It's incredibly obvious that he's using 'f**' to mean 'wuss'. Tired and exhaust make just no sense with the context of he conversation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
If you see the actual video clip there's way in hell he means that. If just makes no sense at all. It's incredibly obvious that he's using 'f**' to mean 'wuss'. Tired and exhaust make just no sense with the context of he conversation.

With this country full of slang , generation gaps and accents, it is too hard to accuse him of any wrong doing.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
With this country full of slang , generation gaps and accents, it is too hard to accuse him of any wrong doing.

Actually I can. He gave a definition for the word he used, that definition makes NO sense when substituted into the comment. Therefore either he just has terrible grammar and should be pulled off TV because he doesn't know how to talk or he's lying.

I never even said I had a problem with what he said, I just hate the fact that he's lying to cover his ass. He isn't even going to face any sort of suspension for what he said, just own up you pussy.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Actually I can. He gave a definition for the word he used, that definition makes NO sense when substituted into the comment. Therefore either he just has terrible grammar and should be pulled off TV because he doesn't know how to talk or he's lying.

I never even said I had a problem with what he said, I just hate the fact that he's lying to cover his ass. He isn't even going to face any sort of suspension for what he said, just own up you pussy.

I don't like Packer, but isn't it pretty sad that what he said causes such a furor that he possibly does have to lie to cover his ass? Really, who cares if he said f**ging out.

Who the hell cares? He obviously wasn't using the term in a derogatory way in terms of sexuality. So words can be used in different ways and when using slang, definitions can be stretched.

f**ot also means bundle of sticks or even cigarette.

Gay means happy.

This is a whole lot about absolutely nothing.

Edited by Rex Hudler

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

He shouldnt be suspended.

Again, the term "f**ged out" was used a lot to describe when one or another was tired out back in the 70's-the term may have evolved from England where at one time a cigarette was called a f** too in the 60's.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
He shouldnt be suspended.

Again, the term "f**ged out" was used a lot to describe when one or another was tired out back in the 70's-the term may have evolved from England where at one time a cigarette was called a f** too in the 60's.

And now you tell me how "tired out" makes ANY sense in the context of the statement. It doesn't. He's lying through his teeth and for some unknown reason people are going right along with it even though it doesn't fit. Like I said, I could really care less if he's using the word 'f**' to mean 'wuss' but to lie about it in this way just makes him look like a complete fool.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
And now you tell me how "tired out" makes ANY sense in the context of the statement. It doesn't. He's lying through his teeth and for some unknown reason people are going right along with it even though it doesn't fit. Like I said, I could really care less if he's using the word 'f**' to mean 'wuss' but to lie about it in this way just makes him look like a complete fool.

I don't know if he's lying. The fact that he said he would and probably will use the term again makes me think that he thought he was using it in the proper usage, it doesn't seem like he would say that if he were trying to cover his ass. Remember, this is one stubborn-ass announcer. Is it possible that he honestly thinks it means "lazy" when, in reality, he's wrong? It wouldn't be the first time he was wrong and refused to acknowledge it. I think this is more a case of ignorance of his understanding of the term.

With that said, he needs to realize that it's not the 1960's anymore. Even if used in the proper context, the word "f**" mainly has a negative connotation in 2007. Anyone, especially the number #1 college b-ball broadcaster on a national network, should have a little more common sense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)

And "you always homosexual out on me" makes sense to you?? :huh Must be a generational thing but his version makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than yours. Why would you use a sexual term in that place?

I dont like him but I believe him.Old guys are always using words like that.That is probably a figure of speech he has been using since the 50s and that word didnt have the same negative connotation as it does now.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
And "you always homosexual out on me" makes sense to you?? :huh Must be a generational thing but his version makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than yours. Why would you use a sexual term in that place?

"f**" has been a slain term for "wuss" for quite a while now, at least it is where I grew up. I'm surprised you've never heard it.