Sox vs. Twinkies Game Thread

AssHatSoxFan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't like or hate Jimenez, this guy is driving me nuts.  I think he could be a poor man's Robbie Alomar if he got his head out of his ass.

I think that's key. The guy has to start thinking about baseball and how to play the game and then put in into action. Otherwise he is just a screw up

I think that's key. The guy has to start thinking about baseball and how to play the game and then put in into action. Otherwise he is just a screw up

Well he's also been labeled the laziest baseball player in the bigs right now...work ethic can effect someone's game a ton

I guess the only real problem that can't easily be fixed is find a place to unload Konerko because of his huge price tag. It's the one guy that we just have to pray turns it around and that this is his bad year.

Pk is definately the toughest guy on the Sox to move. I think the only way they can do it now is if they take on salary for him or take on an injured type guy (Maybe Nevin).

If I'm the Sox I get the one dimensional guys out of the lineup with the exception of Frank. He's more then willing to stay around if he can stay around .285 or so. But in the 5 hole, not the 3 hole.

Pk is definately the toughest guy on the Sox to move.  I think the only way they can do it now is if they take on salary for him or take on an injured type guy (Maybe Nevin). 

If I'm the Sox I get the one dimensional guys out of the lineup with the exception of Frank.  He's more then willing to stay around if he can stay around .285 or so.  But in the 5 hole, not the 3 hole.

I heard Nevin's coming back in August.

Pk is definately the toughest guy on the Sox to move.  I think the only way they can do it now is if they take on salary for him or take on an injured type guy (Maybe Nevin). 

If I'm the Sox I get the one dimensional guys out of the lineup with the exception of Frank.  He's more then willing to stay around if he can stay around .285 or so.  But in the 5 hole, not the 3 hole.

Ya, theres some talk he'll be sooner. I was at that game where he injured himself and it was brutal. I really like Nevin though, he'd be a great pickup in my opinion. Not saying the Pads would do it, but if they want to get younger it would make sense. Plus he's more marketable for their new park.

Still, it would be a tough sell.

Hit the nail on the head with that one. Work ethic and DJ has that label for a reason

How lazy can a guy be to work back from a broken neck, etc. This guy wasn't supposed to play baseball again and here he is.

I know I say this a lot, but it has to mean something. No I am not defending his stupid mistakes. I think he needs a coach that puts a fire under him, etc.

I also don't buy into this cancer crap cause I see him laughing with players all the time when they pan into the dugout shots.

I think the Sox may have to bite the bullet and eat some salary unless Paul really turns it around soon. It's about the only way those guys move anywhere around the league. Frank to 5 hole, Maggs to 3, and then must find a 4 hole hitter...Crede eventually in a few years? Borchard?

Ya, theres some talk he'll be sooner. I was at that game where he injured himself and it was brutal. I really like Nevin though, he'd be a great pickup in my opinion. Not saying the Pads would do it, but if they want to get younger it would make sense. Plus he's more marketable for their new park.

Still, it would be a tough sell.

They turned down Ken Griffey for Nevin. He won't come cheap.

How lazy can a guy be to work back from a broken neck, etc.  This guy wasn't supposed to play baseball again and here he is. 

I know I say this a lot, but it has to mean something.  No I am not defending his stupid mistakes.  I think he needs a coach that puts a fire under him, etc. 

I also don't buy into this cancer crap cause I see him laughing with players all the time when they pan into the dugout shots.

I only go by what i hear...but good point chisoxfn. I also hear this year he's changed that a lot...hard to buy that story considering he's playing for JM.

How lazy can a guy be to work back from a broken neck, etc.  This guy wasn't supposed to play baseball again and here he is. 

I know I say this a lot, but it has to mean something.  No I am not defending his stupid mistakes.  I think he needs a coach that puts a fire under him, etc. 

Cancer crap? Do you mean attitude or a disease? Just asking. I agree that someone buildinga fire under him is what's needed. I criticize players as much as anyone I guess (well not everyone) but they are White Sox players and I want to support them all, including DJ.

I think the Sox may have to bite the bullet and eat some salary unless Paul really turns it around soon. It's about the only way those guys move anywhere around the league. Frank to 5 hole, Maggs to 3, and then must find a 4 hole hitter...Crede eventually in a few years? Borchard?

Well I'm fairly confident the Sox will do the BoSox deal and I can only hope they are smart enough to get Nixon, who I'd be tempted to put in the 3 hole with Maggs in the 4.

But having Nixon in the 2 hole and picking up a cleanup guy would be nice too.

Heck, if Sox were serious, they'd make some trades this year, and make a run at Tejada. There are other ways to accomplish these things though.

All I know is the Sox can't continue to go with a one dimensional team. Lee, and Konerko or one of them and Thomas has to be gone. Thomas is the best of the bunch, so he should stay. Of course I have no problem with Lee on first and somewhere in the back of the lineup. As long as two of them are gone for something, I'm happy. Carlos also probably has the best trade value, although Franks may not be too bad now that he's heated up.

what is the pen situation for today do we expect to damaso again or white/sanders/glover?

I doubt that either Marte or Gordon are available after throwing 2 innings each yesterday.

Koch should be fresh.

Well I'm fairly confident the Sox will do the BoSox deal and I can only hope they are smart enough to get Nixon, who I'd be tempted to put in the 3 hole with Maggs in the 4.

But having Nixon in the 2 hole and picking up a cleanup guy would be nice too.

Heck, if Sox were serious, they'd make some trades this year, and make a run at Tejada. There are other ways to accomplish these things though.

All I know is the Sox can't continue to go with a one dimensional team. Lee, and Konerko or one of them and Thomas has to be gone. Thomas is the best of the bunch, so he should stay. Of course I have no problem with Lee on first and somewhere in the back of the lineup. As long as two of them are gone for something, I'm happy. Carlos also probably has the best trade value, although Franks may not be too bad now that he's heated up.

I always thought Nixon was an overhyped player in the mold of Troy O'Leary. I could be wrong but I felt he would be a throw in for a deal to sweeten but not make it. Have you got numbers handy on him?