Podsednik to DL, Boone Logan Recalled

Pods70Rowand33

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
I can't believe that Pods gets injured and they still refuse to put Anderson in the lineup.

Trade him or send him down, you're ruining him!

Was Mack starting before the announcement? Because I cant find the starting lineups anywhere.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
I would of rather brought Sweeney up than Logan but oh well. I guess Mack is starting tonight. If his stint on the DL is for any extended period of time I really hope we see more of Anderson.

Yeah, because it would behoove us to give Sweeney the same amount of playing time as Anderson, and start his Arb clock!

Calling up the Legend is the right move, especially with the innings our bullpen threw to start the season. It would just be really nice if Erstad wasn't the next option.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Yeah, because it would behoove us to give Sweeney the same amount of playing time as Anderson, and start his Arb clock!

Calling up the Legend is the right move, especially with the innings our bullpen threw to start the season. It would just be really nice if Erstad wasn't the next option.

We have too many damn lefties in the pen. it would be better to call up Charlie who could give us someone to eat innings, instead of another situational lefty.

Well at least we still have polish sausages.

Guillen has been working the pen a lot, so I guess Logan makes some sense. Terrero would have made sense too.

Our only decent leadoff-capable hitters (Ozuna, Mack) are on the bench. On the one hand, a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF to replace Pods is actually kind of a nice prospect I think. On the other hand, that means Anderson still rides the pines for Erstad.

So which is better...

Estad in LF, Anderson in CF

or

Ozuna/Mack in LF, and Erstad in CF

Becase those seem to be the only options Ozzie would consider. I know it would be best to have Ozuna/Mack in LF and Anderson in CF, but that isn't happening barring an injury to Erstad.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Was Mack starting before the announcement? Because I cant find the starting lineups anywhere.

Today's White Sox Lineup

CF Erstad

2B Iguchi

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

LF Mackowiak

SS Cintron

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Guillen has been working the pen a lot, so I guess Logan makes some sense. Terrero would have made sense too.

Our only decent leadoff-capable hitters (Ozuna, Mack) are on the bench. On the one hand, a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF to replace Pods is actually kind of a nice prospect I think. On the other hand, that means Anderson still rides the pines for Erstad.

So which is better...

Estad in LF, Anderson in CF

or

Ozuna/Mack in LF, and Erstad in CF

Becase those seem to be the only options Ozzie would consider. I know it would be best to have Ozuna/Mack in LF and Anderson in CF, but that isn't happening barring an injury to Erstad.

Well you know for this game Ozzie wants as many lefties as he can in the lineup, so it makes sense to play both Mack and Erstad. The good thing is that Gooch is hitting in the 2 hole

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Did Perez hook on with anybody? I'd rather have his bat on the bench then Logan. Actually I'd rather have him on the team then Erstad.

Yeah why not leave Boone down. Do we really need 3 lefties in the pen? And take a flier on Perez. It cant hurt our average versus lefties.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Did Perez hook on with anybody? I'd rather have his bat on the bench then Logan. Actually I'd rather have him on the team then Erstad.

Eduardo Perez has not signed with anyone, and I don't know why he's not on this team... maybe he slept with the chick in rock's avatar and pissed some of the Sox' staff off...

I'll be pretty pissed if they don't move erstad to left and BA starting center for the regular starting line up. If they keep Mac in left most the time while Pods is out then what the hell are they doing with Brian on the club?