Podsednik to DL, Boone Logan Recalled

Pods70Rowand33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want no part of an Erstad/Anderson/Dye outfield. Ozuna/Mack in LF with Erstad and Anderson sharing time (70:30 in favor of Anderson) is probably optimal at this time. Having both Anderson and Erstad in the lineup at the same time only makes an already stagnate offense even weaker.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
Maybe they can showcase Logan a bit and trade for some OF help.

You're not getting anything better than you already have in exchange for Boone Logan.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
Maybe they can showcase Logan a bit and trade for some OF help.

or Erstad could be released, DFAed or DLed

not to be a cold, heartless asshole, just saying it would help

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
You're not getting anything better than you already have in exchange for Boone Logan.

Maybe from the Phillies.

Seriuosly though...no reason at all to part with Logan. That'd be almost as stupid as trading Anderson.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
What do you think would happen if Erstad actually does get hurt? Would Ozzie definitely make Anderson the starter?

Think about that question. I don't really trust him to even start BA in that situation.

Close...

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
Pods will probably be out longer. An adductor strain is basically a groin injury, which seems like it is close to the same issues he's been having. He probably came back too soon after his surgery.

I have 3 words for everyone:

BRA-DY CLARK

Ah crap, he's on the Dodgers now...

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Pods will probably be out longer. An adductor strain is basically a groin injury, which seems like it is close to the same issues he's been having. He probably came back too soon after his surgery.

He has been one big groin strain since he got here. How many surgeries has he had. This is like having Prior say, his shoulder is a bit tight.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
I have 3 words for everyone:

BRA-DY CLARK

TRA DED ALREADY

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
KW had his shot at him and didn't pull the trigger, now it's too late.

Yup, noticed the second after I posted.

What the hell made KW thing he could stick with Pods for a full year?

Clark could not have cost that much. What did the Dodgers give up for him?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
KW had his shot at him and didn't pull the trigger, now it's too late.

I have a frightening thought for you. Its halloween scary. What if Boone is up to show he can get major leaguers out, to tempt the Phillies to send over Ozzies favorite grinder. They need bullpen pitching, like they are digging off the scrap heap right now.

Pods is done, which we all knew but maybe the organization will catch on now. I'm hoping Ozzie kind of slowly brings Boone along now instead of throwing him right into the fire like last year(you know what I'm talking about).

As for left, I honestly like all options better than Pods, I wont be angry which ever route Ozzie takes here.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
I have a frightening thought for you. Its halloween scary. What if Boone is up to show he can get major leaguers out, to tempt the Phillies to send over Ozzies favorite grinder. They need bullpen pitching, like they are digging off the scrap heap right now.

I'd take him over Erstad, of course if the Sox acquire Lord Grinder it would probably be at the expense of Anderson in the end. Logan straight up for God himself? It's crazy enough that it just might work and would probably lead to my demise.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
He has been one big groin strain since he got here. How many surgeries has he had. This is like having Prior say, his shoulder is a bit tight.

Yeah, I just hope the team does really well while he is out, making him expendable. The Sox can use Erstad, Iguchi, Mackowiak, and Ozuna in leadoff.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)

Since it appears Ozzie is unwilling to put Anderson in a position to succeed here anyway, reacquiring Rowand would be a good move by KW. He's the only one Ozzie would allow to even get close to CF in place of Erstad anyway.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
Pods is done, which we all knew but maybe the organization will catch on now. I'm hoping Ozzie kind of slowly brings Boone along now instead of throwing him right into the fire like last year(you know what I'm talking about).

As for left, I honestly like all options better than Pods, I wont be angry which ever route Ozzie takes here.

Rowand/Erstad/Dye

Erstad

Rowand

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Crede

Iguchi

Pierzynski

Uribe

How does that grab ya?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)

I like Boone as much as anyone and I've had my fun making fun of all the Aaron rumors too, but right now, with the way we hit left handers, would having Aaron back be the worst thing in the world?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Since it appears Ozzie is unwilling to put Anderson in a position to succeed here anyway, reacquiring Rowand would be a good move by KW. He's the only one Ozzie would allow to even get close to CF in place of Erstad anyway.

I highly doubt Ozzie would keep Lord Grinder Aaron Rowand on the bench. He'd start along with Erstad.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Rowand/Erstad/Dye

Erstad

Rowand

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Crede

Iguchi

Pierzynski

Uribe

How does that grab ya?

Fine. I'd probably put Rowand in CF and Erstad in LF, and flip Iguchi and Rowand in the order, but Ozzie would probably do it the opposite.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
I like Boone as much as anyone and I've had my fun making fun of all the Aaron rumors too, but right now, with the way we hit left handers, would having Aaron back be the worst thing in the world?

Are we even sure Rowand is all that great against lefties? He was beyond terrible against them last season. Like .222 AVG/.304 OBP bad.

So how long until someone starts up the "Rowand to the Sox?" thread?