White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
2 of the stooges are seriously killing this team right now too. Crede is in one of the biggest slumps of his life at the plate, everything is a weak popout with him and his defense has been incredibly bad as well. AJ is calling some of the worst pitches I've ever seen like that fastball to Sosa on an 0-2 count, WTF? AJ seriously needs to work a count, he's swinging at the first or second pitch in every AB and flying out the LF or RF.

I'd say the stooges are one of the bigger problems this team has right now.

A.J. was two for three tonight. Sure he called for a fastball when a slider may have been a better choice, but he didn't want Mac to throw it right down the middle. He set up on the outer third of the plate and probably expected the ball to tail away.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
A.J. was two for three tonight. Sure he called for a fastball when a slider may have been better, but he didn't want Mac to throw it right down the middle. He set up on the outer third of the plate and probably expected the ball to tail away.

I don't think two seamers from a right handed pitcher tail away. It was a s***ty call. Sosa whiffed on two sliders and a third in the dirt would have got the job done.

Not to be Hawk here, but I'd rather suck nowadays than go over the cliff in August/September, like we usually do. It doesn't make it any less ugly, but let's get the losing out of the way now.

As long as we're in it approaching the ASB I'll be okay.

That said, watching this game tonight was about as uplifting as watching Hostel: The Director's Cut.

A.J. was two for three tonight. Sure he called for a fastball when a slider may have been better, but he didn't want Mac to throw it right down the middle. He set up on the outer third of the plate and probably expected the ball to tail away.

You NEVER throw Sammy Sosa a fastball on 0-2 that's unacceptable in any situation. Any sort of offspeed pitch off the plate and down would have gotten him, a fastball was the absolute worst call in that situation and it's something AJ has been having a problem with for a while now.

And one of those hits by AJ today was through the SS/3B gap late in the count, it was a thing of beauty, he needs to get back to that. He was good for 2 ABs today, that doesn't make up for what he's done for the first 2 weeks.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Not to be Hawk here, but I'd rather suck nowadays than go over the cliff in August/September, like we usually do. It doesn't make it any less ugly, but let's get the losing out of the way now.

That said, watching this game tonight was about as uplifting as watching Hostel: The Director's Cut.

You make it sound like sucking early guarantees that there won't be major sucking later. This team has been terrible in the second half of the season the past few years, I don't see how having a s***ty April would change that.

There's no such thing as "getting the losing out of the way early".

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)

Since when in the history of watching the whitesox have we ever been accused of being a 2nd half team. Our MO is lighting it up in the first half, and then dying a slow death in August.

Slow starts scare me. Even last year, we started slow and the won a bunch of games.

A.J. was two for three tonight. Sure he called for a fastball when a slider may have been a better choice, but he didn't want Mac to throw it right down the middle. He set up on the outer third of the plate and probably expected the ball to tail away.

MacDougal's two seam fastball runs into right handers. Pierzynski should have held his glove in the center of hte plate and expected it to tail inside on Sosa's hands.

Obviously, our coaches haven't seen much film because every thread I read about Sosa on LoneStar baseball (a Texas Rangers forum) suggests he hasn't shown the ability to hit anything aside from a fastbal. So, even after swinging and missing on a slider, Pierzynski decides to throw an outside fastball. Ridiculous.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
Since when in the history of watching the whitesox have we ever been accused of being a 2nd half team. Our MO is lighting it up in the first half, and then dying a slow death in August.

Slow starts scare me. Even last year, we started slow and the won a bunch of games.

Point taken. But look at Cleveland in '05, or Houston.

I think everyone's just pushing too hard right now. The team seems to get so demoralized whenever something bad happens. I don't see anyone smiling.

I guess this is where Ozzie should come in: lighten up, boys--hack away, sooner or later the worm is gonna turn.

We are now hitting .215 as a team.

Jon Garland thinks we are the best team in the American League. LOL. He blames the cold. LOL

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Point taken. But look at Cleveland in '05, or Houston.

I think everyone's just pushing too hard right now. The team seems to get so demoralized whenever something bad happens. I don't see anyone smiling.

I guess this is where Ozzie should come in: lighten up, boys--hack away, sooner or later the worm is gonna turn.

Do you see this team playing 700 ball for a good part of the season. Especially against the tought left handed pitching we face in the central.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
We are now hitting .215 as a team.

Jon Garland thinks we are the best team in the American League. LOL. He blames the cold. LOL

Do you see this team playing 700 ball for a good part of the season. Especially against the tought left handed pitching we face in the central.

Then Schuster and PFB start taking runs off his final line because the botched a DP, a good pitcher pitches around a mistake. After Iguchi dropped that ball it became blatantly obvious that Kinsler was going to go deep, Jon can not be that predictable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)

Atleast it'll get better in future seasons....

Oh wait, Andrew Miller and Francisco Liriano will return. They have the unfortunate advantage of throwing hard from their left arm. And none of the dominating lefties will leave, unless Minnesota trades Santana. Which I personally doubt would happen unless they receive a huge return.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)
Atleast it'll get better in future seasons....

Oh wait, Andrew Miller and Francisco Liriano will return. They have the unfortunate advantage of throwing hard from their left arm. And none of the dominating lefties will leave, unless Minnesota trades Santana. Which I personally doubt would happen unless they receive a huge return.

How have teams beaten good lefty pitching. They shorten their stroke up, and go to right. Its how you beat good lefty pitching. Even Hawk knows this. You watch how teams have beaten Buerhle, take Mike Sweeney for example. He would foul off the low and away pitch,and drive one into right. Then Buerhle would go in later, and he would turn on it and bounce it off the concourse. Hitting oppo, gets you pitches on the inside to turn on and drive.

Edited by southsideirish71

LOL. PFB is now denying that these hitters are going up to the plate with the "pull-and-lift" approach because "they're good hitters who get extra base hits"

this is the first time I've listened to him all year, and it'll probably be the last.

Edited by StrangeSox