Fire Greg Walker

RockRaines

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox have gotta do SOMETHING. This lack of offense is just ridiculous!

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
Hopefully...

Nice new avy by the way. Kinda sad to see the ASU girls leave, but this one's just fine!

New avy >>>>>> Old avy.

:cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
It sure as s*** worked for Cleveland last year. Even if this somehow isn't Walker's doing you still need to can his ass, a firing right now would almost certainly fire up the offense. It works most every time.

he has to go. Who was that hitting instructor who helped Juan break out of it? He is hired.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
When a team struggles this badly, you HAVE to fire the hitting coach, you just have to. So many teams before us have done this to shake it up, and its time it happened. Thanks for the memories Greg, but you are OUT!

At least I am a trend setter. I was way ahead of the curve on this one.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
Yes, Walt still retains god like status around these parts for his work done with Thomas and Uribe. The man is a miracle worker.

Papa Jack is available.

Someone in the twins organization, that helped prepare talentless guys like Punto to hit as good as he does.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
Rock, your avatar rules. There, I've said it.

Thanks Kid!

Bring up Walt, someone god dammit. Even Bainesy did a good job as a hitting instructor. If we want to shake this team up, fire the f***ing hitting coach. This team has been ill-prepared for too long. Let him go KW!!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
It sure as s*** worked for Cleveland last year. Even if this somehow isn't Walker's doing you still need to can his ass, a firing right now would almost certainly fire up the offense. It works most every time.

At the very least it would give these guys a sense of accountability in terms of job performance. I've been on the Fire Walker bandwagon since last year. Hopefully Kenny will feel the same that SOMETHING needs to be done. One thing I can see though if this happens will be a problem with Ozzie feeling a sense of loyalty and really causing a big stink about it. Tough s*** Ozzie...you're an employee too...deal with it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
At least I am a trend setter. I was way ahead of the curve on this one.

To think of all the s*** you received these last several years when the issue of Walker was brought us. Especially with the dearly departed, JimH.

Yeah, sort of reminds me of my crusade against our minor league system. I was continually criticized until the trades of Garcia and McCarthy, then people suddenly realized we needed young pitching to compensate for the lack of immediate talent. Not to mention the flaws of our "safe" draft philosophy. :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
To think of all the s*** you received these last several years when the issue of Walker was brought us. Especially with the dearly departed, JimH.

Yeah, sort of reminds me of my crusade against our minor league system. I was continually criticized until the trades of Garcia and McCarthy, then people suddenly realized we needed young pitching to compensate for the lack of immediate talent. Not to mention the flaws of our "safe" draft philosophy. :P

At least so far we are making the Rangers look foolish for that McCarthy trade...

Hawk, DJ, Schuster and Rongey are all trying to take the blame off Walker, saying the players need to produce and that's not the responsibility of the hitting coach (which is just ridiculously flawed logic but I'm not going to go back into that). But you know the second Walker is fired (if it happens sometime soon) all 4 of them will back the move, saying it had to be done and it was the only recourse. This towing the company line bulls*** gets SOOO old.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)

The sad thing, is its not just Walker. It has to reach down, through the system to get this fixed. The twins and the Indians bring up a hitter. They hit, with a short quick stroke. Our guys come up, with a long looping power swing. Thats just not a coincidence. When was the last time a guy came up and hit. You know, it does happen. I understand its a hard transition. But some hitters come up and make contact and dont have a long looping swing.

Schuster says that Greg works overtime to get the hitters ready. This is an overtime type effort. Good lord. I hope he doesnt take a day off.

Robinson Tejeda - 7 IP, 3 H, 4 BB, 3 K; 100 pitches

Just don't understand. It's patience at the plate; I would assume he was a bit wild if he allowed more f***ing walks than hits. It's actually putting good swings on the ball; that's 3 hits against a guy who opponents hit .288 off of last year. It's horrible hitting all together.

Fire Walker, and then fire Erstad. This offense has been a joke for 4 months.