GOP Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
I was turned off by Rudy from the moment he filed. Never have liked him. Must be candidates from New York.

Don't think I have anything against candidates from that state, in fact, if the nominee for the Dems winds up being one, I'll be hoping that a 3rd person from NY gets in so I have someone to vote for other than Stephen.

I think the thing that turns me off about 9iu11ani is the fact that he's certifiably, batsh*t, 9/11, in-9/11-sane.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
Guilliani has exactly one delegate earned so far. Duncan Hunter, the dropout, has two.

Guiliani is an idiot and well out of his league. Goodbye and good riddance, on a national stage.

The past week I've been getting this almost daily from the McCain campaign.

Can you invest a week of your time to make history?

Senator McCain needs you in Florida! The January 29th primary is only eight days away.

Please fill out the form at http://vol.JohnMcCain.com and pack your bags!

Thank-you!

Bill Bloomfield, Director of Volunteers

Seems as if he's really targeting this as a make or keep fighting moment. I wish I had a week to go. Seems like a really neat experience.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Rudy really screwed himself. Too bad. I liked him. I'm a big McCain fan though. Hopefully he can hold off the Cadillac Salesman through Super Tuesday.

Yea, I really hope Romney doesn't get the nomination.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)

The poll on CNN today has it a 4 way race with 3 percentage points separating the 4 big candidates, Huckabee, Guilliani, McCain, and Romney.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
The poll on CNN today has it a 4 way race with 3 percentage points separating the 4 big candidates, Huckabee, Guilliani, McCain, and Romney.

:lol: Of course... CNN will say that all the way to the convention. ;)

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
I don't think he is an idiot, but he did run an idiotic campaign.

One thing to keep in mind is that 9iu11ani's "Focus on Florida" strategy was never actually his strategy until he was left with nothing else. He put a lot of time and money into New Hampshire. But the reality was, every time he spoke in New Hampshire, his numbers went down. Being that he had been mayor in a state in the NE, focusing on New Hampshire made sense for his campaign. The problem is...he's a horrific candidate and might well be the only man alive who could be worse than GW.

His idiotic "Focus on Florida" strategy came about because that was about the only other place where he had moderately good numbers once the folks in New Hampshire got fed up with him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
One thing to keep in mind is that 9iu11ani's "Focus on Florida" strategy was never actually his strategy until he was left with nothing else. He put a lot of time and money into New Hampshire. But the reality was, every time he spoke in New Hampshire, his numbers went down. Being that he had been mayor in a state in the NE, focusing on New Hampshire made sense for his campaign. The problem is...he's a horrific candidate and might well be the only man alive who could be worse than GW.

His idiotic "Focus on Florida" strategy came about because that was about the only other place where he had moderately good numbers once the folks in New Hampshire got fed up with him.

His whole campaign was bad. That includes his debate performances, speeches, tv interviews, issues he put he the most emphasis on, ect.

Still, no way he is worse than John "let me tell you a story about the mill" Edwards.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
:lol: Of course... CNN will say that all the way to the convention. ;)

And if they declare a winner or project the front runner they are influencing the election. No way for them to win.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
His whole campaign was bad. That includes his debate performances, speeches, tv interviews, issues he put he the most emphasis on, ect.

Still, no way he is worse than John "let me tell you a story about the mill" Edwards.

His campaign is bad because he is a bad candidate. Rudy Guilliani just isn't a Presidential person.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
His campaign is bad because he is a bad candidate. Rudy Guilliani just isn't a Presidential person.

:notworthy Being a Mayor seems like the zenith of his career. Just like Richie.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)

he pretty much proved that with this campaign.

It's close call for worst GOP campaign...him or Thompson?

Edited by mr_genius

Jim Courier was on morning radio down here (he's commentating for the Aussie Open) and said even though he'll usually vote democrat, he thought Romney was the best qualified for the position because of his previous work as a C.E.O, and he also said he probably wouldn't get the job because of his religion, and he said that religion and politics shouldn't mix, but then he brought up how Bush uses god in his speeches etc.

Thoughts?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Jim Courier was on morning radio down here (he's commentating for the Aussie Open) and said even though he'll usually vote democrat, he thought Romney was the best qualified for the position because of his previous work as a C.E.O, and he also said he probably wouldn't get the job because of his religion, and he said that religion and politics shouldn't mix, but then he brought up how Bush uses god in his speeches etc.

Thoughts?

George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. An MBA and a CEO.

Or am I the only one who remembers that slogan from 2000?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)

Thoughts?

Everyone has a religion, as in a series of beliefs.