Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
What do you think of Jarrett? He's still talented as hell but part of me says he has Mike Williams II written all over him. I would still love the Bears to get him.

Compare him to Williams all you want, but Jarrett isn't as big (weight wise) and while he doesn't have speed he has ridiculous hands. I'd have no complaints if the team got him because I think he could be the guy that develops into Mooses replacement while the Bears hope Berrian/Bradley continue to be the deep threat.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Um......You've got to be kidding me. We needed an offensive player! Meh, i'm unsure on this pick... Go Titans!

Don't disappoint me bears!

Griffins a good safety, you shouldnt be disapointed, and the way the receivers are going one could land to you in round two.

KC is interested in Quinn apparently. I still think if he gets past KC, than he's falling all the way to the Bears (unless someone moves up in between than).

Griffin is a good safety, but the Titans vastly need to get Young help and probably could have afforded to taken a WR in the first two rounds. They got absolute crap at the WR position.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but the bears really should trade up for Quinn here.

As a notoriously cheap franchise, this could be a time in which you could get a potential franchise qb for the cheapest possible rate. You dont have to pay him top 15 money now, and it's not like a Tom Brady is going to fall in your lap in the 6th round.

Grossman has a year left. This is a prime scenario for Quinn. Strong Defense behind him, good o-line, and a few weapons to work with.

11 picks until the Bears, some names still on the board:

Brady Quinn - QB

Dwayne Bowe - WR

Alan Branch - DT

Greg Olsen - TE

Robert Meachem - WR

Joe Staley - OT

Anthony Spencer - DE

Ben Grubbs - OG

Jon Beason - LB

Paul Posluszny - LB

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
And you know some odd names are going to be thrown in before some of these guys. The Bears should be able to get a great pick.
Yep, they are almost guaranteed two great picks at 31 and 37 now.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
11 picks until the Bears, some names still on the board:

Brady Quinn - QB

Dwayne Bowe - WR

Alan Branch - DT

Greg Olsen - TE

Robert Meachem - WR

Joe Staley - OT

Anthony Spencer - DE

Ben Grubbs - OG

Jon Beason - LB

Paul Posluszny - LB

Gimme any of those 2 and we're gravy.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
I'm going to get flamed for this, but the bears really should trade up for Quinn here.

As a notoriously cheap franchise, this could be a time in which you could get a potential franchise qb for the cheapest possible rate. You dont have to pay him top 15 money now, and it's not like a Tom Brady is going to fall in your lap in the 6th round.

Grossman has a year left. This is a prime scenario for Quinn. Strong Defense behind him, good o-line, and a few weapons to work with.

I agree with you, although I don't want the Bears giving up picks. If Quinn falls to #31, I'd take him, even if the Bears don't necessarily want him. At this point, he's far and away the best player available. If he falls there, I don't see how you can pass on him.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
I agree with you, although I don't want the Bears giving up picks. If Quinn falls to #31, I'd take him, even if the Bears don't necessarily want him. At this point, he's far and away the best player available. If he falls there, I don't see how you can pass on him.

Not sure what the going rate would be to move up, but if it was a swap of 1sts, give our 3rd and 5th, Id do it

QUOTE(Fotop @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
Not sure what the going rate would be to move up, but if it was a swap of 1sts, give our 3rd and 5th, Id do it

I wouldn't. I want Angelo to have as many mid-round picks as possible. They're the best value in football, and they're especially of value to the Bears because Angelo hits so often on them.

There's going to be a very good player available at #31, Quinn or no Quinn.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
I wouldn't. I want Angelo to have as many mid-round picks as possible. They're the best value in football, and they're especially of value to the Bears because Angelo hits so often on them.

There's going to be a very good player available at #31, Quinn or no Quinn.

Bottom first & top second are the best value, imo.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Ok now I can see why they did the Thomas pick, not so bad afterall.

No way did they see this coming with Quinn. They get credit for jumping on the opportunity, but they could not have seen this coming.