'Drive' hits the wall

juddling

Fox is pulling 'Drive' from its lineup after the drama got disappointing ratings in first four outings.

Fox has impounded "Drive," steering the show off the network highway after four episodes.

Despite decent reviews, "Drive" quickly stalled, averaging just a 2.3 rating and 6 share among adults 18-49, and 5.6 million viewers overall.

Monday night's "Drive" didn't help matters, coming in fifth place for the hour (1.5/5) and driving "24" to record lows, dropping Fox to fourth for the night.

Having shoved a Denver boot on "Drive," Fox has now gassed up "House" repeats in the Monday 8 p.m. slot.

Net is still mulling whether to burn off the last two remaining segs of "Drive" on air, or stream the final segs online.

Fox revved up six segs of "Drive," which revolved around a group of people forced to take part in an illegal cross-country race. Nathan Fillion stars.

Tim Minear and Ben Queen created and exec produce "Drive," which comes from 20th Century Fox TV. Greg Yaitanes also exec produced.

SCREW YOU FOX TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heaven forbid a show doesn't start off with monster ratings right out of the gate. Oh wait...this is Fox we are talking about. they have such a great track record with sticking with slow starting shows. I guess they could come up with some other crappy reality show that will be off the air quickly (anyone remember Who's you Daddy???) or fill with House reruns(which they will do).

Hell....even "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" got a post American Idol slot. It's a friggin game show....did it really need that leadin audience to survive???? wouldn't it have been better to put Drive there so maybe more people could see the first episode and possible get hooked (like Alpha Dog and i did...were we the only ones????)

The problem with that is, any new one-hour drama cannot do monster ratings unless you let people know that they might get to find out what the hell happens.

Too bad. It’s a great show, and Fox has stayed true to their past by screwing yet another decent show right out of existence.

So Fox...... :stick :fight

Man....i hope someone else picks up this show.

first 4 episodes are online and very good entertainment. i guess 2 more were 'on the can' and Fox says they will air them in the summer. First off...it's bad enough they're taking the show off the air after only four episodes but then wait to air the last two???? what's the point??? it's not like they are going to reveal anything seeing as how they were supposed to be the 5th and 6th episodes of the series. Man...i'm really bummed about this. Drive was one of the few shows (Lost,Scrubs, The Shield) that i tried to work my schedule around so i could watch. SCREW YOU AGAIN FOX TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that sucks. I waited for months for this friggin' thing to come on, convince my wife to watch it with me, she gets hooked, and now they pull it? I admit it wasn't as great as the commercials looked like it was going to be, but it is still a cool show. The main problem is a severe lack of truely likable characters. I can't say I actually like or care about any of them, with the exception of Charles Martin Smith's character, but that guy is friggin' great in anything he does. When I saw he was in it, I knew the show was going to be atleast decent.

I dunno, it looked like it might have had some promise, but Fox started off by pissing me off by running the premier over the Simpsons/Family guy time block, and that's never a good way to start a relationship with me. Plus I just didn't really have time for another 1 hour show right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 11:06 AM)
I dunno, it looked like it might have had some promise, but Fox started off by pissing me off by running the premier over the Simpsons/Family guy time block, and that's never a good way to start a relationship with me. Plus I just didn't really have time for another 1 hour show right now.

That was actually one of the reasons why I gave the show a chance, they eliminated the possibility that I might accidentally catch a second of the horses*** Fox airs on Sunday nights.

Fox gave "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" a chance. It initially aired on FX, but got poor ratings in the first season. They re-aired the first season on Fox and saw the same trend. They signed it for a second season though. (Maybe because Danny Devito was added to the cast?) And it paid off big time.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but FX has a pretty good line-up of shows. Rescue Me, Nip Tuck, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I wonder why they put these shows on FX and not the national network.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Fox gave "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" a chance. It initially aired on FX, but got poor ratings in the first season. They re-aired the first season on Fox and saw the same trend. They signed it for a second season though. (Maybe because Danny Devito was added to the cast?) And it paid off big time.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but FX has a pretty good line-up of shows. Rescue Me, Nip Tuck, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I wonder why they put these shows on FX and not the national network.

Because I don't think these shows could get away with the stuff they do on a national network (in terms of the type of jokes/language/violence, etc.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)

Speaking of Family Guy are the writers on strike again? they have not had a new episode for weeks