Observation on Brian Anderson.

BearSox

Anyone else notice how BA is standing upright and on top of plate? No wonder why he can't hit a thing, that is a horrible stance. How does Greg Walker expect him to hit the inside pitch with a stance like that?

Also, I really think we could be seeing Anderson going down to AAA any day now, and either Owens or Terrero coming up.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
Anyone else notice how BA is standing upright and on top of plate? No wonder why he can't hit a thing, that is a horrible stance. How does Greg Walker expect him to hit the inside pitch with a stance like that?

Also, I really think we could be seeing Anderson going down to AAA any day now, and either Owens or Terrero coming up.

I suspect we will be seeing Terrero since BA's hitting is even worse when he only bats one game oer week. Hope Terrero is hitting in AAA.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
What a shocking observation

The observation was more about his stance, rather then him getting sent down... :D :bang

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
I suspect we will be seeing Terrero since BA's hitting is even worse when he only bats one game oer week. Hope Terrero is hitting in AAA.

He's batting like .250, but he has 4 homers and 9 RBI's.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
.250 makes Terrero look like Ty Cobb next BA swinging too late on an 85 mph blazer.

.250 at Charlotte with no walks while playing everyday. Do you think everyone throws it 92 in Charlotte?

That's worse than BA

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
Who cares about Brian Anderson. He is horrible.

And through his first 400 or so AB in the majors has not been considerably worse than a lot of stars/solid MLB players were in their first 400. It's called maturation and development, something our stupid no good couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag Larussa esque over managing bigot of a leader has no use for. If you think I'm being too hard on Ozzie, read what he had to say about BA last night.

How f***ed are we gonna be when we're employing more than one young white guy in new positions over the next few years?

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
And through his first 400 or so AB in the majors has not been considerably worse than a lot of stars/solid MLB players were in their first 400. It's called maturation and development, something our stupid no good couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag Larussa esque over managing bigot of a leader has no use for. If you think I'm being too hard on Ozzie, read what he had to say about BA last night.

How f***ed are we gonna be when we're employing more than one young white guy in new positions over the next few years?

You're kidding, right?

You think Uribe hasn't been hard on Uribe, Padilla, Escobar, A-Rod or Magglio over the last two years?

He loves Konerko, Thome, AJ, Crede and Erstad. He talks about Ryan Sweeney in God-like terminology. That's as WonderBread white as you can get. It's not like he's playing Luis Terrero over Anderson. Heck, they axed Eduardo Perez for Anderson, who many thought was going to be sent down. If he's a racist, why wouldn't he keep the son of a family friend (Tony Perez)?

I guess his taking Molina (countryman) over Wiki Gonzalez also proves his blatant bias for Venezuelan players too.

I think next week, he will bail Ugueth Urbina out of prison and replace Logan (who he hates and deliberately left in the game last night to conflate his ERA) with Urbina in the White Sox bullpen.

You're also forgetting African Americans now make up only 9% of MLB players.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)

I don't like Ozzie anymore than you might like him, but i think anderson is horrible, I also think Ozzie was forced to take him on the team and now he is giving it back to KW and anderson himself. Look, i realize alot of young people like this guy, but he is pompous, irritating, cares about himself, his women, his dope, and his golden locks. He is not fitting on this team, and he will be gone, trouble is nobody wants him, and we have nothing better in our two bit minor league system at this point. The message is very clear, Ozzzie hates the guy, try workign for a boss that hates you. Its no fun and you are pretty much screwed, therefore you start doing things that would piss off your boss more, and care less for your surroundings. Human nature. He is a goner.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
I don't like Ozzie anymore than you might like him, but i think anderson is horrible, I also think Ozzie was forced to take him on the team and now he is giving it back to KW and anderson himself. Look, i realize alot of young people like this guy, but he is pompous, irritating, cares about himself, his women, his dope, and his golden locks. He is not fitting on this team, and he will be gone, trouble is nobody wants him, and we have nothing better in our two bit minor league system at this point. The message is very clear, Ozzzie hates the guy, try workign for a boss that hates you. Its no fun and you are pretty much screwed, therefore you start doing things that would piss off your boss more, and care less for your surroundings. Human nature. He is a goner.

Nothing like running a top prospect out of town after only 400 AB's when his trade value is minimum and you've got no one to fill the gap he'd leave.

How many times are you going to the same thing? We know you think Anderson is the worst player that's ever lived. We know you think every single minor leaguer sucks. Move on. All you're doing is post-padding.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Nothing like running a top prospect out of town after only 400 AB's when his trade value is minimum and you've got no one to fill the gap he'd leave.

actually its too bad he was ouR top prospect. But i do think our manager, coaches, even general manager knows what this guy is like just a little more than everyone on this board. the phillies basically gave up on Floyd and now we are stuck with a guy with a lot of talent but needs a psych doctor. Floyd was a bigger talent than Anderson. The fit is not there, and unfortunatly the sox didn't address this issue earlier. Thats there fault, and they are paying for it now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
How many times are you going to the same thing? We know you think Anderson is the worst player that's ever lived. We know you think every single minor leaguer sucks. Move on. All you're doing is post-padding.

How many times is there an Anderson thread?How many times will people defend him? thats how many times I will say the same thing. Don't read it.

Edited by quickman

So why would KW even bother drafting him? KW hates players he perceives to be selfish (ie see Frank Thomas and Jon Rauch). Sure he or his scouts met wtih this guy when he was in college. Didn't they research a first round pick before throwing a ton of money at him?

Bob

Isn't there anything else to talk about? The fact that there have been about 30 threads started on the subject of Erstad/Anderson is actually pretty sad. Anderson just looks terrible and at this point I'm not even sure he's as good a player as Erstad. The whole subject is just tired and played out.

The biggest tragedy involving the outfield is that KW refused to upgrade it this offseason instead going with 2 players who are incredibly similar to each other, one being 8 years older and incredibly injury prone, the other has attitude problems and appears to be a terrible offensive player incapable of making any sort of adjustments at the plate. Then you have the below average insanely oft-injured LF/leadoff hitter to finish of a trifecta of crap.

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
So why would KW even bother drafting him? KW hates players he perceives to be selfish (ie see Frank Thomas and Jon Rauch). Sure he or his scouts met wtih this guy when he was in college. Didn't they research a first round pick before throwing a ton of money at him?

Bob

Most likely not, and most likely the scouts and player development drafted him, which maybe one of the reasons why KW said there jobs are on the line. KW indeed makes hte slection and is part of the process, but his player development guys do the homework, and quite frankly they were wrong at least up until now. Either that or they thought he was good, just like they think others are good that never make it. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Isn't there anything else to talk about? The fact that there have been about 30 threads started on the subject of Erstad/Anderson is actually pretty sad. Anderson just looks terrible and at this point I'm not even sure he's as good a player as Erstad. The whole subject is just tired and played out.

The biggest tragedy involving the outfield is that KW refused to upgrade it this offseason instead going with 2 players who are incredibly similar to each other, one being 8 years older and incredibly injury prone, the other has attitude problems and appears to be a terrible offensive player incapable of making any sort of adjustments at the plate. Then you have the below average insanely oft-injured LF/leadoff hitter to finish of a trifecta of crap.

I do agree with you, and i think the sox know it as well. They made room on the 40 man, because something is up on the trade front. Don't know when but something is coming,

QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Until BA learns to do something with an inside fastball (other than jump away as it's called a strike) he has no chance.

It is awfully tough to hit the inside fastball with that stance Greg Walker "taught" him. He needs to get some bend in those news, and back off the plate a bit.

But most importantly, we need a new hitting coach who isn't an idiot who only thinks players should have big loopey home run swings.

The fact we totally re-did his swing this offseason is example 1,755 B why Greg Walker should not have a job. Brian showed SIGNIFICANT improvement last year from Mid-June on at the plate (despite not even playing everyday) and yet, we totally re-do his swing so he can "be either a home run guy or speed guy"? Stupidness beyond belief, and I think Brian is ruined forever as a result at the dish. It's a darn shame too, he won't have success unless it's in another organization IMO.