White Sox vs. Angels, 5/5/07 (W)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
It would have been a perfect, perfect fit. Oh well, I can honestly understand why they wouldn't want to deal with the baggage.

Me too.

I didn't support it then for those reasons and an opposition to steroids but hey, baseball as an institution doesn't care, so f*** it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
You're part of a minority, but I agree with you. It would have been such a great financial move for the Sox on top of all the offense that Bonds brings. Even if people were to boo him, they'd still be paying for Sox tickets to boo him.

I'm part of several minorities. Erstad lover is one of them. Wish we'd signed Bonds is another.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
You're part of a minority, but I agree with you. It would have been such a great financial move for the Sox on top of all the offense that Bonds brings. Even if people were to boo him, they'd still be paying for Sox tickets to boo him.

I actually wanted him in Chicago too. How can you NOT want a player who has a f***ing sick OBP? I just hate what he stands for. Cheating, steroids, and lying. Again, this is my opinion as nothing has been "proven." But to me, its CLEARLY obvious he did.

2 times they cut away talk about Wang's No-NO ....................MB not one word was said till after 7 and not even a live cut in by ESPN. I know the game is on Fox, so it is a little apples and oranges.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
2 times they cut away talk about Wang's No-NO ....................MB not one word was said till after 7 and not even a live cut in by ESPN. I know the game is on Fox, so it is a little apples and oranges.

The difference is the Yankees game is on Fox too. So they have the right to do a live cut in. I'm sure ESPN could have done something, maybe, but the Sox game wasn't on ESPN.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

OMG YANKEES!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
The difference is the Yankees game is on Fox too. So they have the right to do a live cut in. I'm sure ESPN could have done something, maybe, but the Sox game wasn't on ESPN.

ESPN has deals with all the nets that carry games, that is how they have highlights for Baseball tonight.

I don't think it should shock anyone here how ESPN/FOX treats some teams very differently than others. Check out the Brewers tearing s*** up, and yet hardly an mention of it.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)

I understand today cut ins but ESPN has cut away a ton of times before ( IE to EVERY Bonds AB) to games they are not broadcasting! :huh

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
I understand today cut ins but ESPN has cut away a ton of times before ( IE to EVERY Bonds AB) to games they are not broadcasting! :huh

Exactly.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)

To be fair, I think most media outlets did a pretty good job of covering it. espn made a big deal about it, leading with it, I believe, and even calling it something that might give the Sox momentum when talking about it. They mentioned the game earlier on the programming they have on fox during blackouts too.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
Hmm...that was damn close.

God, Sweeney is the one young kid I really wanna see do well. I just hope people don't get down on him too fast.

I can see how he doesn't hit for power....he doesn't clear his hips when he swings.