5/10 Games

Heads22

Richmond (21-8) @ Charlotte (12-20)

Jonathan Johnson (1-0, 3.12) vs. Charlie Haeger (1-5, 5.40)

6:15 CT

Birmingham (16-17) @ Jacksonville (19-14)

Jack Egbert (3-2, 1.46) vs. Michael McGrew (3-1, 2.97)

6:05 CT

Winston Salem @ Salem

Derek Rodriguez (2-1, 6.67) vs. Chris Salamida (1-3, 3.95)

6 PM

Greeneville @ Kannapolis

6:05 CT

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Egbert is going to become the first man since Steve Nebraska to throw a no hitter with 27 k's tonight.

Expect at least 28 k's, he's too nasty to not have a dropped 3rd strike somewhere in there.

Eggy gives up 2 in the first inning. NOT A PROSPECT

Jacksonville Bottom 1st

Chin Lung Hu grounds out, catcher Jeremy Frost to first baseman Jeremy West.

Juan Gonzalez doubles (3) on a line drive to right fielder Thomas Collaro.

Xavier Paul singles on a line drive to center fielder Sean Smith. Juan Gonzalez scores.

With John Lindsey batting, Xavier Paul steals (5) 2nd base.

John Lindsey grounds out, shortstop Robert Valido to first baseman Jeremy West.

Marshall McDougall reaches on throwing error by third baseman Christopher Kelly. Xavier Paul scores.

Anthony Raglani walks. Marshall McDougall to 2nd.

Luke Allen strikes out swinging.

Hopefully Egbert can respond as well as Gio did. And that game is 12-11 in the 8th last I saw a moment ago, wow, NOBODY can get an out.

Also, Charlotte FINALLY hit the damn ball and won 12-1. Owens 1 for 4 with a walk, BA 1 for 3 with 2 walks and a k, Fields 2 for 4 with a walk and 4 RBI's, Wiki with a homer (#5).

Kanny wins 8-4 behind Jacob Rasner, and Carter was 2 for 5 with a double, triple, and 3 RBI's.

Winston-Salem wins 8-6. Lujan with a perfect 9th and 1 k for his 3rd save. Cunningham 0 for 4 with a walk and 2 k's. Micah Schnurstein continues to kill the ball, 2 for 5 with a homer (#9 on the year).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(southsida86 @ May 10, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Why is Egbert not a prospect, Heads? please explain it to me.

T'was sarcasm, sir.

Jacksonville has defeated Birmingham, 12-11. Sierra gave up 3 in the bottom of the 8th to blow a 11-9 lead and turn it into a loss. Egbert sucked, Sierra sucked, Wing gave up 2 runs in 2 innings, but neither was earned so his ERA is down to 1.29. Egbert's ERA rose to an unacceptable 2.61.

Getz 3 for 5 with an RBI, Lucy (who DH'd tonight) was 2 for 3 with a double and 2 walks, Nanita 2 for 5 with a double and 2 RBI. Barons made 5 errors tonight, so the bad pitching didn't get any help behind them.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 10, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
He was being sarcastic. I sometimes wonder if Heads is really Egbert.

Nah, there's people that can vouch that I'm about as athletically ungifted as one could imagine.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 11, 2007 -> 12:00 AM)
Nah, there's people that can vouch that I'm about as athletically ungifted as one could imagine.

I think someone's being a bit modest or forgetful of their maddskillz on the basketball court.

Anderson 1/3, 2 BB, 2 runs scored, 1 strikeout. Fields 2/4 with a home run and 4 RBI. Wikipedia with a home run and 5 RBI. Haeger did not pitch. Babula got the start, Carlos Vasquez appears to have gotten the win, throwing 2 scoreless innings in relief.