Anybody hear the Alomar rumor?

Cali

I read on a couple places that Bruce Levine said that the Sox were interested in trading for Roberto Alomar to reunite him with his bro. I'm sure there have been posts about it already, but I was wondering if anybody actually heard it, or more on it? Cause I obviously can't hear anything.

It will never happen for several reasons:

1. The White Sox won't acquire anyone who costs money.

2. Kenny the Moron is happy with "Jiminez the Baseball Dumbass."

3. It would make sense, and Kenny hates that. Unless he can acquire another braindead dumbass, Kenny isn't interested.

4. He would help us win - God forbid, we can't have that.

Kenny has the baseball IQ of a bag of hair.

To sum it up as simply as I can:

Kenny Williams is the "Anti-Midas" - everything he touches turns to s***.

Past, the Sox could have what most people think are the best GM and manager in the game and you'd still b****, win or lose.

Try and relax and actually ENJOY a win once. You might like it.

My beef with him is that fact that he is like Jose Valentin at the plate, only a slightly better hitter with less power.

He's really good from the left side of the plate(hitting .312), but he can't hit righties(hitting .169).

If we could get him for Jimenez straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat

Well, as much as Alomar sucks at batting, his defense makes up for it! And basically, defense is what has been killing us all season. Id do DJ for Alomar straight up in a heartbeat! Dj and a prospect for Alomar and cash Id do also. Id kill to have him on the Sox.

Well, as much as Alomar sucks at batting, his defense makes up for it! And basically, defense is what has been killing us all season. Id do DJ for Alomar straight up in a heartbeat! Dj and a prospect for Alomar and cash Id do also. Id kill to have him on the Sox.

Sorry, but we have sucked offensively, but we've been solid defensively.

If our offense had been mediocre, we'd be in a much better position then we are in now.

I read on a couple places that Bruce Levine said that the Sox were interested in trading for Roberto Alomar to reunite him with his bro. I'm sure there have been posts about it already, but I was wondering if anybody actually heard it, or more on it? Cause I obviously can't hear anything.

Screw Alomar, let's get Luis Castillo and some releivers!!!!

CWSOX45

My beef with him is that fact that he is like Jose Valentin at the plate, only a slightly better hitter with less power. 

He's really good from the left side of the plate(hitting .312), but he can't hit righties(hitting .169).

If we could get him for Jimenez straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat

wait a second here. You are talking about the best second baseman of this era.

He is a defensive genious (though some are calling him cautious this year, which resulted in some errors early in April), and he is a good hitter when not playing for the Mets. I think the change of scenery would do him good.

As for the salary thing, the Mets would cover his salary. They don't care b/c it is one year and they just want some young guys and are trying to clean house.

On the other hand, it will take more than Jimenez.

2001: .336 BA, 20 HR, 100 RBI, 30 SB, .415 OB%, .541 sl%.

He is a good AL player. Change of scenery may not bring him back to this caliber but would likely do him good.

btw, the Jose Valentin comparison does great injustice to Roberto.

Valentin is my hero after yesterday, but come on. Valentin and Alomar...one of those guys will be making a visit to cooperstown, the other is not even close.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i have heard this rumor from a number of people now.... it could very well happen............i wouldnt mind it either... robbie the spitter is far better than jimenez the non 2nd base playing, lazy, dumbass, by far............

The more I think of it the more I think we should go after Alomar. This is a guy who's now in a ballpark he's only hitting about .245 in after being in a place where he was hitting .320, that has to have a huge effect on your overall hitting, he's a career .310 hitter in the Cell. We could probably get him for Dave Sanders or less.

As much as I like DJ I would love to have Alomar even more. I think he would be the perfect leadoff hitter in the AL(His whole problem in the NL is that he doesn't know the pitchers.) He would also give us great defense at 2nd baseman which we haven't had in years. I think if we could give up just DJ and maybe a pitcher for him we may have a deal.

Another guy on the Mets I would love to get is Weathers, he is in the top 10 in holds and would be a great addition to the bullpen.

He'll be a FA at the end of the yr, just the type that KW likes.

Well if we're going to get a player that has one year left on his contract why should we settle for Alomar? Luis Castillo in Florida is on the last year of his contract, sure he might not be as cheap as Alomar but he's a hell of a ballplayer.

I'd think the Marlins would give him up if we offered Rauch and a couple other prospects.

CWSOX45