Sox Sign Craig Wilson to minor league deal

whitesox91403

Even with his struggles, I'd rather take a chance with Wilson than have Williams drastically overpay for a legitimate LFer.

We're replacing Ozuna, afterall. He'll be an acceptable option against lefthanders for the meantime. If not, let him go. No problem.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
lifetime 262 hitter, and played in pittsburgh from 2001 to a little bit of 2006, then was traded to the yankees, then to the braves, where he was hitting 172 with atlanta

I know who Craig Wilson is. I was just making a joke about the thread title before it was edited.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
yay! another sub-.200 hitter to add to our potent lineup! woot!

anyways, hows his D? hopefully good as his bat isn't.

Are you honestly b****ing about a guy who we signed to a minor league deal?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
.278/.347/.496/.843 vs lefties last season while playing for the Yankees and a .289/.356/.559/.915 career line vs south paws. It's a minor league f***ing contract what is there not to like about the signing?

his hair??

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Don't give him that much credit.

After Ozuna went down, I would have been surprised if we didn't land Wilson. Hopefully he can bring a little pop to the lineup vs. LH.

The people that are b****ing about the White Sox offense aren't going to take a liking to the way Wilson approaches hitting. Obviously he won't be put on the major league roster right away. KW has to acquire someone who can run at least a little bit.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
i know that, thats why i then went on to say hes a 262 lifetime hitter, to back up ur point

He also has an .827 career OPS which is the 3rd highest of any player currently on the Sox' 25 man roster.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
He also has an .827 career OPS which is the 3rd highest of any player currently on the Sox' 25 man roster.

Its a minor league contract, so its worth a shot. It does appear his better days are behind him or he probably wouldn't have been released considering he really wasn't making all that much, or if he looked like he had much left someone probably would have claimed him. He missed a lot of time in 2005, does anyone know his injury?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and he hasn't posted an OPS as high as that since 2004.

He tends to hit LHP a lot better than RHP, but I don't know how else he currently fits in with this team. I still would've liked to kept Perez from the start, but perhaps could give us similar results.

Career against Santana: 1-3. 1 RBI's 2 k's. I'd play him over Konerko tomorrow.

Wilson is a very good ph who would provide the best power option against LHP off the bench we've had in forever. However, he might swing and miss at more pitches than any hitter I've seen in a long time. With that in mind though, I still like this signing a lot.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...and he hasn't posted an OPS as high as that since 2004.

He tends to hit LHP a lot better than RHP, but I don't know how else he currently fits in with this team. I still would've liked to kept Perez from the start, but perhaps could give us similar results.

Career against Santana: 1-3. 1 RBI's 2 k's. I'd play him over Konerko tomorrow.

does anybody know where i can find the current white sox teams' hitting stats against santana? if so, i would appreciate it. thanks

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
Order the WS rings. He's been a mess for a couple of seasons.

Not that I disagree, but isn't that what people said when we traded for Geoff Blum?