Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just incase anyone didn't catch it, in between innings Barrett and Zambrano had what appeared to be a heated argument. Suddenly, Zambrano began swinging at Michael and other members of the team had to restrain them. All caught on video. Very funny and sure to be shown on highlight reels for quite awhile.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He f***ing took a shot at him right in the dugout, theyy had to break him and Barrett up. He is a f***ing nut job!! And we think the Sox have problems!! hahahaha

He's nuts but so is Barrett.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
I was actually hoping Barrett would pop him.

And bust his hand on that rock of a noggin.

OTOH, nice to see some passion from the players.

He walked off the field, and went into the dugout and had a few words with Barrett, and then just took a swing at him and they started going after each other. Barrett was just protecting himself. Zambrano was getting rocked, I guess he just snapped. His market value is going DOWN!!

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
He walked off the field, and went into the dugout and had a few words with Barrett, and then just took a swing at him and they started going after each other. Barrett was just protecting himself. Zambrano was getting rocked, I guess he just snapped. His market value is going DOWN!!

If they could sign him, I'd trade any pitcher on the White Sox for him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
If they could sign him, I'd trade any pitcher on the White Sox for him.

Not me I'll pass. His velocity is way down, and he is just too f***ing emotional. He's got something wrong with him both physically and mentally if you ask me.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not me I'll pass. His velocity is way down, and he is just too f***ing emotional. He's got something wrong with him both physically and mentally if you ask me.

today he was hittin 94 and 95 on the gun. i dont remember him ever throwing too much harder then that...

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
today he was hittin 94 and 95 on the gun. i dont remember him ever throwing too much harder then that...

When he came up he was consistently in the 97-95 MPH range, occasionally bumping it up to 98. It made his offspeed stuff look absolutely filthy

If a starter like Verlander can throw 98 consistently, good for them, but I think velocity is kind of overrated for a starter. Locate, change speeds, get guys out.

It takes 1 pitch to get a ground out or fly out and 3 pitches to get a strike out.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
In a heartbeat.

Preach on...I may think he's a dick on the field, but he also cares about the game and I think that passion (while it can cause incidents like today's) is something that you can't teach and it truly is an asset.