BearSox

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and they just opened that roof

this place they play in shouldnt even have baseball played in it. what a dump. that or it just seems like a dump. has anyone ever been to the rogers centre?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)

this place they play in shouldnt even have baseball played in it. what a dump. that or it just seems like a dump. has anyone ever been to the rogers centre?

Been there...and it was great.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)

Yes I've been there and it's definitely not a dump, at all.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Even though our 3-4-5 blows, I figured I needed to point out that Gooch has been f***in solid as hell the last couple of games

Well Owens is doing in this series what Pods did in the first half of 05. Gooch is doing in this series what he did in the first half of 05. The rest of the team is taking a collective dump on the field.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
really, or is that sarcasm? and arent the tickets really expensive?

No, I loved it. Tickets weren't that bad....you have to remember the whole currency issue. I was there for the rain delay game a few years back. Everyone should experience a game from the hotel room.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Even though our 3-4-5 blows, I figured I needed to point out that Gooch has been f***in solid as hell the last couple of games

Owens and Gooch have worked together great. Problem is, when Gooch only "gets the job done" and thus Owens is at 3rd with only 1 out, our 3-4-5 pile of crap can't get him in.

Nice start Danks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
No, I loved it. Tickets weren't that bad....you have to remember the whole currency issue. I was there for the rain delay game a few years back. Everyone should experience a game from the hotel room.

I agree, we were there a few years back for work. I caught a game, it was awsome.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
really, or is that sarcasm? and arent the tickets really expensive?

No it's a really nice ballpark. It doesn't look too great on TV but it's a great place when your actually there. And yeah, the tickets are expensive....in Canadian money. But after the translation to Uncle Sam money, they aren't bad at all.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)

i've been there, it sucked.

The roof was closed, it was dark and quiet the entire game. It felt like you were walking into an office building when you entered the park, and the food was god awful.

The city was cool though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)

HA I remember that. The roof wasn't working, and they had no tarp and were trying to find anything to cover up the dirt part of the field. That was great, back before they had fieldturf.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm thanks for helpin me. im going on an alaskan cruise this summer, and i need a passport b/c alaska i guess is like on canada. yea pretty dumb, but by getting a passport, now next year i can see a the sox play in toronto. did u need a passport?

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)

The roof was closed, it was dark and quiet the entire game. It felt like you were walking into an office building when you entered the park, and the food was god awful.

I went for one dome closed game, but it was a night start so I didn't notice, and the other game I went to was on a real nice afternoon and it was open. That and they were playing the Yanks so there were decent crowds of about 30K each game, so I am biased because I probably chose a good time to go.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)

They have the lamest chant in the world there, forgot how it goes, but just remember they kept chanting "Baseball".

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
hmm thanks for helpin me. im going on an alaskan cruise this summer, and i need a passport b/c alaska i guess is like on canada. yea pretty dumb, but by getting a passport, now next year i can see a the sox play in toronto. did u need a passport?

I didn't need one, but I went to Toronto 3 years ago. I think you have to have one now with the new laws.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)

No, but I think they changed the rules about passports.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
They have the lamest chant in the world there, forgot how it goes, but just remember they kept chanting "Baseball".

hahahahaha, I remember thinking the same thing but I can't remember what it was.