White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
I am sorry but this is a guy you try and keep. I do not want AAA players. He makes every start and that is very rare. You build a team around him and Garland if you are a serious franchise.

I hate to break it to you, but both Buehrle and Garland will likely not be with the White Sox come 2009.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fox and Major League Baseball.

oh ok

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have the uppercut swings going today. And Buehrle's going to make way too much money in this next contract. We have too many holes to give him 4/60.

i was just going to say that

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2-1 is a good situation for a hit-and-run.

hit and run? hell no dude. we are the 2007 white sox, not the 2005 white sox. no hits and runs this year, just swinging over breaking balls, fly outs, and double plays, remember?

Edited by briguy27

Well that's just stupid. Nothing like finally sending him on a 2-2 pitch. Iguchi always gets distracted with a runner in motion.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
Put Fields in f***ing motion

Hey Gooch, swing the mother f***ing bat. God you are pissing me off.

Hopefully Iguchi keeps swinging decently so we can trade him. I want nothing to do with him from 2008 and out.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
I hate to break it to you, but both Buehrle and Garland will likely not be with the White Sox come 2009.

Hence my fear that we had our shot at being a legitmate franchise and will not turn out to be. Teams are not going to give up big prospects unless they sign him long-term and that is my fear.

I see a couple of Jon Adkins returns. Williams has a tendency to make some really bad trades or not get enough in return for his players.

Where does the $20M go if the three free agents leave? Crede also could be signed for a cut althoguh I doubt it.

Great inning there I see another shutout.

regarding iguchi's pending free agent status, i'm all for signing luis castillo in the offseason.

the sox better sign eric byrnes, tori hunter, or luis castillo. those are impact players we need and one fo those 3 could get us back on the winning track for next season.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Hence my fear that we had our shot at being a legitmate franchise and will not turn out to be. Teams are not going to give up big prospects unless they sign him long-term and that is my fear.

I see a couple of Jon Adkins returns. Williams has a tendency to make some really bad trades or not get enough in return for his players.

Where does the $20M go if the three free agents leave? Crede also could be signed for a cut althoguh I doubt it.

Great inning there I see another shutout.

You'll see the payroll go from about 100 million to 80 million over the next few years. We were a good franchise for an extended period. We're going to be facing our roughest years in a long, long time coming up. Just be thankful we didn't extend Dye or Crede.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
regarding iguchi's pending free agent status, i'm all for signing luis castillo in the offseason.

the sox better sign eric byrnes, tori hunter, or luis castillo. those are impact players we need and one fo those 3 could get us back on the winning track for next season.

Yeah, Luis Castillo is the one thing keeping us from being good.

One of the broadcasters on FOX is talking like it's in the bag that Buehrle will be re-upped. or atleast he making it obvious that KW shouldn't let him get away but he will, won't he?

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)

Yeah a 4th OF like Byrnes is going to turn the franchise around.

the Astros are pathetic at running the bases. it would be comical excpet they just might end up sweeping this weekend set.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
One of the broadcasters on FOX is talking like it's in the bag that Buehrle will be re-upped. or atleast he making it obvious that KW shouldn't let him get away but he will, won't he?

He said they should bring him back....not exactly a deep thought. What JR and KW need to do at the end of this month is go to him with their final offer. If he laughs it off, then you trade him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
Yeah a 4th OF like Byrnes is going to turn the franchise around.

Eric Byrnes would be a great fit in LF for us, but it's too bad he'll cost a fortune.

Garland's always had one of the worst change-ups I've seen in the majors. He's been better since he stopped throwing it so much.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
He said they should bring him back....not exactly a deep thought. What JR and KW need to do at the end of this month is go to him with their final offer. If he laughs it off, then you trade him.

I think they need to do this for PR and fringe season ticket holders like myself that are wondering if this franchise is worth investing in.