Pods?

Elcaballo45

I read in the paper today he should be back this week, and Erstad should be back during the Marlins series. I'm not expecting much from either one though. Erstad got hurt on a swing,so he may go down at anytime, and its not like Pods was Rickey Henderson II in Charlotte. He even says he's worthless if he can't steal.

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Anyone know if he's coming back tonight?

He's played in 8+ minor league games, I was thinking it would be tonight, esp with the DH spot back.

Thome would be playing DH. No Prancer.

Prancer is hopefully playing his last overpriced season for this team. He cant steal anymore, so pretty much he is worthless to this team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
Thome would be playing DH. No Prancer.

Prancer is hopefully playing his last overpriced season for this team. He cant steal anymore, so pretty much he is worthless to this team.

except if he hits .275 :)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Well Podsednik was 0-4 last night with a K and a CS, that's the 2nd SB he's attempted, he was successful the other time. Over his last 5 games for Charlotte he's struckout 6 times and walked only once.

obviously ready for this ballclub.

erstad was runnin yesterday afternoon in the outfield with the trainer in pittsburgh. hes lookin good, and he was busting his @$$, sweating all over the place. im glad he is atleast trying to get back. i think he'll be back anytime from today-wednesday

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
I read in the paper today he should be back this week, and Erstad should be back during the Marlins series. I'm not expecting much from either one though. Erstad got hurt on a swing,so he may go down at anytime, and its not like Pods was Rickey Henderson II in Charlotte. He even says he's worthless if he can't steal.

Unfortunately we have been redefining "worthless" in regards to offense.

Pods is having a good year save for the injury. that's his pattern. bad year, good year, bad year, good year. last year was a bad year. 2005 was a great year for him. this year he's hitting over .300. he will impress when he's back in the line up. how could he not given how poorly jerry owens performed? this will allow erstad to hit further down in the line up where he belongs.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
Pods is having a good year save for the injury. that's his pattern. bad year, good year, bad year, good year. last year was a bad year. 2005 was a great year for him. this year he's hitting over .300. he will impress when he's back in the line up. how could he not given how poorly jerry owens performed? this will allow erstad to hit further down in the line up where he belongs.

i love how people think the bad year good year thing is a trend and not a statistical coincidence