White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/23/07 (L)

Heads22

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:24 PM)
He has looked good, but I'm always waiting for that next home run. And the one after that...

This seasons Javy gives up a HR once every 7.25 IP. Mark Buehrle surrenders one every 7.15 IP. And John Danks every 5.14 IP.

It really amazes me that Greg Walker has a job still. We're now firing our scouting director, but the guy who's overseeing the worst hitting team in baseball is still employed. Did you know that Sammy Sosa has more homers than anyone on this team?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's throwing 90 miles per hour. Sit on the f***ing fastball. What the hell is Walker's job again?

Agreed. My brother and I have been saying that since the 2nd inning.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YAY FIELDS!!!!!

Amen. He's a stud, I hope Crede never plays another game as a White Sock.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
Agreed. My brother and I have been saying that since the 2nd inning.

Amen. He's a stud, I hope Crede never plays another game as a White Sock.

If he throws you 3 straight breaking balls and gets them over, then tip your cap. But he's not doing that and he can't do that. Sit dead-red on the fastball, and you will hit it. Watch the 1st pitch all the way back to the mitt (which, I noticed at the park yesterday, Uribe never does) and then wait for it in the AB.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he throws you 3 straight breaking balls and gets them over, then tip your cap. But he's not doing that and he can't do that. Sit dead-red on the fastball, and you will hit it. Watch the 1st pitch all the way back to the mitt (which, I noticed at the park yesterday, Uribe never does) and then wait for it in the AB.

100% agreed. It's freaking 88 mph straight as an arrow fastball- hit the f***in' thing

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
Is Fields just an aberration? It's weird seeing a youngster come up and hit well.

He actually has tools, which is a lot more than you can say about a lot of the prospects we usually call up.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
100% agreed. It's freaking 88 mph straight as an arrow fastball- hit the f***in' thing

Hill does this to almost every team he faces....he's just very deceptive somehow. I remember getting ridiculed over the offseason when I said he's equal, if not higher, to McCarthy in terms of trade value.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hill does this to almost every team he faces....he's just very deceptive somehow. I remember getting ridiculed over the offseason when I said he's equal, if not higher, to McCarthy in terms of trade value.

I suppose so. I know he's a totally different pitcher than last year, but last year Iguchi had a 3 run homer and a grand slam vs Hill in the AJ/Barrett game. Well, whatever. Keep goin' strong Javy.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I'm gonna wear my Wii hat tomorrow." - Hawk

I want to find the picture of Hawk doin' the bird-walk.