White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/23/07 (L)

Heads22

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)
BTW, Andy Gonzalez should still be in Birmingham.

Why does everybody hate Gonzalez? Did he piss in FutureSox's cheerios? First Jason, now you -- guy had a .333 OBP coming into today despite being Timo'd by Ozzie (ie put in positions where he really shouldn't be playing, like CF and RF). He's going to be a halfway decent backup for this team for the next couple years so get used to it. You will see Andy Gonzalez and you will like it!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Why does everybody hate Gonzalez? Did he piss in FutureSox's cheerios? First Jason, now you -- guy had a .333 OBP coming into today despite being Timo'd by Ozzie (ie put in positions where he really shouldn't be playing, like CF and RF). He's going to be a halfway decent backup for this team for the next couple years so get used to it. You will see Andy Gonzalez and you will like it!

He's just not a good baseball player and he'll get more atbats than he deserves on this team, say, starting in RF.

Thanks for pushing it there, Luis.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
I thought I saw Terrero get in there before the tag, but hey, I could be wrong. Fields should have been running home as it was. If Uribe hit that grounder it would have been a double play anyway.

It did kind of look like Fontenot didn't see him coming.

I know what you're asking yourself: Why did Terrero force the issue right there? Well I can tell you. The guy has played in 28 games this year, has gotten on base around 37% of the time, has hit 5 HR and even stolen a base but he has still yet to hit a double. He just want himself a double.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
I thought I saw Terrero get in there before the tag, but hey, I could be wrong. Fields should have been running home as it was. If Uribe hit that grounder it would have been a double play anyway.

I thought he got the foot in there too. Theriot taged him real late, but I guess it was a benefit of the doubt play.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
I know what you're asking yourself: Why did Terrero force the issue right there? Well I can tell you. The guy has played in 28 games this year, has gotten on base around 37% of the time, has hit 5 HR and even stolen a base but he has still yet to hit a double. He just want himself a double.

There's a reason Terrero is known as a guy with a million dollar skill set and a 10 cent brain. Even Mark Grace was going off on that two weeks ago.

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
I thought he got the foot in there too. Theriot taged him real late, but I guess it was a benefit of the doubt play.

Joe West had a bad angle to see the play, too.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
I forgot just how scary bad Podsednik is in LF, he just never looks comfortable catching a flyball.

Is it just me or are the outfielders gloves tiny?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
There's a reason Terrero is known as a guy with a million dollar skill set and a 10 cent brain. Even Mark Grace was going off on that two weeks ago.

Oh ok, because he tried to stretch a single into a double he is now a headcase??? Let the guy play...at least he is hustling..

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Oh ok, because he tried to stretch a single into a double he is now a headcase??? Let the guy play...at least he is hustling..

No, it's because he makes a lot of mental mistakes on the field, and Grace, someone who's seen him play a hell of a lot more than any of us have, made it sound like a big issue with him. Don't get me wrong, Terrero's one of my favorite guys on this team to watch right now.