White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Sweeney's in the minor league lineup today, which makes me think there really is a lot of truth to the Jones trade rumor. I'm worried it might have been for MacDougal, as neither player has been seen this series.

I dont see how adding Jones makes this team better this year or in the future.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Sweeney's in the minor league lineup today, which makes me think there really is a lot of truth to the Jones trade rumor. I'm worried it might have been for MacDougal, as neither player has been seen this series.

"Jacque, you're going to be staying here on the South Side for a little while."

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
I just want to know why in the world is he hitting 2nd? When's the last time Ozzie tried a hit-and-run?

I want to know why he isn't on the bench in Charlotte, not starting in RF in Chicago.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Contreras is throwing about 6 mph harder when he goes over the top.

I noticed that too. I think that Jose should throw his fastball/forkball from the 3/4 slot and the sinker/slider from the side. If Jose throws his fastball from the 3/4 slot consistently I think he could get back to 93-94, and if he does that, he'll start having better starts, and his trade value will skyrocket.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
I want to know why he isn't on the bench in Charlotte, not starting in RF in Chicago.

This season is done. Lets get Sweeney up here, and lets see if they can help him with his turning on the inside pitch thing. With the best hitting coach in baseball, it should be no time before Sweeney fixes that issue.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Get off his back already.

Well, even DJ then mentioned that Ozzie hasn't been that aggressive this year, so are you going to tell him to get off of Ozzie's back? Maybe it's just me, but Gonzalez saw 5 pitches with Pods on base, and nothing was put on.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
This game is a inning and a half old and this WGN telecast is nothing but a f***ing Sox bashing with graphics and stats ripping them left and right :fthecubs

What graphics and stats are going to show you that they are good. You find those, please let us know.

the sox suck this year. Its a fact, lets move on and hope for great return on our trades. Bucholz would be a great start.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
What graphics and stats are going to show you that they are good. You find those, please let us know.

the sox suck this year. Its a fact, lets move on and hope for great return on our trades. Bucholz would be a great start.

they showed the squeeze play in 2000 where the Mariners won the series...

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
they showed the squeeze play in 2000 where the Mariners won the series...

So, that team choked. The squeeze play was the cherry on the crapcake that year. that powerful offensive team got a case of the big eyed popups.