Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
No, I just forgot he was from Shorewood. From your place ND is closer than ILL, its about 90 min.

The fact that he's spoken to Michigan though kind of makes almost every school in range as thats about 4 hours or so away if not more.

Yeah, if Michigan is in this, distance isn't going to be much of a factor at all, especially when talking about the Illinois schools or ND.

We have any idea on a timetable for a decision?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Yeah, if Michigan is in this, distance isn't going to be much of a factor at all, especially when talking about the Illinois schools or ND.

We have any idea on a timetable for a decision?

I heard it was ASAP as he wants to get out of there and back home. i would assume most of the Big Ten schools are in it except the east coast ones and Ohio State.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
Doesnt make it any less true.

The Big Ten thing is interesting, looks like NW or ILL and I'm not clear if he had the grades to get into NW.

NU recruited him out of high school, so I doubt it's an issue. From what I've heard, the requirements aren't THAT high, but it's all relative when it comes to football.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
I generally assumed that it's slightly more difficult to qualify at Northwestern, but not by much. Or maybe they take fewer chances on borderline guys.

Like I said, it's relative. I've talked with former players, and my impression is they'll take basically any decent student for football. However, a guy with a 3.0 GPA and a 1000 SAT would still be significantly below their normal standards, but that's got to be at least in the top third for college football players. NU supposedly rejected a good recruit (4-star on Rivals) that had like a 2.8 GPA and a 18 on his ACT. That's enough to get into most D-1 schools as a normal student much less as an athlete.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Like I said, it's relative. I've talked with former players, and my impression is they'll take basically any decent student for football. However, a guy with a 3.0 GPA and a 1000 SAT would still be significantly below their normal standards, but that's got to be at least in the top third for college football players. NU supposedly rejected a good recruit (4-star on Rivals) that had like a 2.8 GPA and a 18 on his ACT. That's enough to get into most D-1 schools as a normal student much less as an athlete.

Yeah, I agree with this. Northwestern has to lower its standards more than any other Big Ten school (though getting into Norhwestern and Michigan out of state aren't too far apart), but there are still probably some guys it won't take that others in the conference would.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 16, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Yeah, I agree with this. Northwestern has to lower its standards more than any other Big Ten school (though getting into Norhwestern and Michigan out of state aren't too far apart), but there are still probably some guys it won't take that others in the conference would.

Michigan takes anyone who qualifies with the NCAA, the days of them having a different standard ended two decades ago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Michigan takes anyone who qualifies with the NCAA, the days of them having a different standard ended two decades ago.

Right, but I was referring to the degree to which those schools have to lower their standards. The hardest schools to get into as a normal applicant in the Big Ten are Northwestern and Michigan (out-of-state).

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
Iowa Elites @IowaElites

Follow

Just interviewed Carlton Bragg and he told us his mom likes "Illinois and Ohio State"

What position does his mom play? Is she 4star?

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
I take it he's no longer looking for the hardship waiver?

Knowing the NCAA, he has just as good of a chance to get it there than he does anywhere else.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
Too bad he likes Kentucky.

He's been talking up Illinois quite a bit the past month or so. Most likely doesn't come here but who knows, if Kentucky doesn't ever get hot on him then I could see a chance.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Glad I continue to ignore the sources of some posters here.

Btw, hell yeah!

Rumors of grade issues swirling, not sure if there's any truth to it or just saltiness.

It's too bad, he would've been a huge get for Illinois image wise.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
He seems to be interested in going back east and Jay Wright loves his guards.

All of these rumors are meaningless until visits start happening. Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago that he was a lock to MSU?

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
All of these rumors are meaningless until visits start happening. Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago that he was a lock to MSU?

Yup, it'll be interesting who he takes visits too. My guess:

Illinois

Nova

MSU

Kansas

UM