Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
wwe.com

Haven't watched the videos yet, but that could get interesting...

Good job by the E to record their own footage of the interview in case something like what did happen, happened. I see where CNN took it out of context a bit, but for Cena to say he hasn't ever used steroids is BS in my opinion.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 9, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Good job by the E to record their own footage of the interview in case something like what did happen, happened. I see where CNN took it out of context a bit, but for Cena to say he hasn't ever used steroids is BS in my opinion.

Take him out of context a bit? They made it look like he completely dodged the question when he in fact answered the question. Whether you believe him or not isnt the point. And I agree, WWE was smart to videotape that interview and bust out CNN like that

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Booker T is Sting's partner and goes by Booker T and has his Harlem Heat music.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

TNA when will you ever learn?

In a seriousness - I didnt see Genesis, but it got an okay review on PWInsider. Supposedly there's a really good Ladder match between Christian Cage & Frankie Kazarian. Also, the X-Division match and the 3D/MotorCityMachineGuns was supposed to be good. I will download it and then review it in a few days.

Also, there was typical stupid Russo crap in the main event - Angle defending the belt in a tag match????? Anyway, he retained when he pinned Sting.

WCW 2007?

Did any of you actually watch The Condemned?

Shockingly, it was a pretty good movie.. I would venture to guess some people were turned off by it because it had a wrestler in it.. but I bet if it had an actually hollywood actor it would have been bigger..

Im glad I decided to rent it, I thought it was pretty good

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
This clip has convinced me to but the WSX for dad, who is a huge wrestling fan.

I bet longshot will get it just to see himself in his AJ Pierzynski shirt as well. :gosox4:

LOL - I forgot about that. That show and a similiar appearance on a Howard Stern special are my claims to fame.

Mike Johnson - PWInsider:

As I broke exclusively this morning on the PWInsider.com Elite Hotline, there was an incident last night at the Smackdown/ECW taping in Wichita, Kansas stemming from the performances of The Miz and John Morrison on ECW on Sci Fi last night and this Friday's Smackdown.

According to numerous sources, JBL gathered several wrestlers together after the taping ended including Morrison, The Miz, MVP, CM Punk, and Matt Hardy. JBL berated Miz and Morrison for their commentary work on ECW, feeling that their back and forth on the show overshadowed the Punk vs. Jamie Noble match and made Punk look bad going into the Survivor Series PPV. He also ran down the pair for their work during a match against Hardy and MVP that will air this Friday on the CW Network.

As it was explained to me, JBL was basically standing up for the performers he felt had gone out of their way to make Miz and Morrison look good, only for the duo to not hold up their end by doing the same and making everyone involved look poor going into the PPV.

JBL told the two that they needed to apologize to Punk, Hardy and MVP for making them look bad. While Miz was apologetic, Morrison was said to have been angered by JBL's actions, telling the former WWE champion that it wasn't his business to tell Morrison what he was to do. Morrison said that he would apologize but JBL's input had nothing to do with it, cursed at JBL and at one point, physically shoved him away. The shove led to the two going back and forth briefly with John Laurinaitis and other WWE staff separating the two before it could go beyond the shove physically.

Wow, Luger still hasn't regained the use of his limbs???

[courtesy, as always, Lords Of Pain.net]

source: 1Wrestling.com

-- Lex Luger was finally transferred from California to an Atlanta area hospital last week. Unfortunately for Luger, he still has not regained the use of his arms or legs after suffering what is thought to have been a "spinal stroke" while on the west coast to attend an autograph convention four weeks ago. Before he was left in paraplegic state, Luger was scheduled to have hip replacement surgery last week and had been told by doctors that they were amazed he was able to walk given the deteriorating condition of both of his hips.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
Wow, Luger still hasn't regained the use of his limbs???

[courtesy, as always, Lords Of Pain.net]

source: 1Wrestling.com

-- Lex Luger was finally transferred from California to an Atlanta area hospital last week. Unfortunately for Luger, he still has not regained the use of his arms or legs after suffering what is thought to have been a "spinal stroke" while on the west coast to attend an autograph convention four weeks ago. Before he was left in paraplegic state, Luger was scheduled to have hip replacement surgery last week and had been told by doctors that they were amazed he was able to walk given the deteriorating condition of both of his hips.

That surprised me too when i read it. Last I heard, they were saying it was some sort of viral infection that they determined was going to be cleared up with anitbiotics. This is the first i heard it was a spinal stroke for sure

in fact, here is your last update, critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Here's an update on Lex Luger.

sources: PWInsider.com, WWE.com, www.f4wonline.com

At last word, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is still hospitalized in Califiornia, but listed in stable condition. It appears he suffered an infection that caused a nerve impingement with his central nervous system, which led to temporary paralysis. He did not have a heart attack or stroke. Luger is currently undergoing intravenous antibiotic treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
That surprised me too when i read it. Last I heard, they were saying it was some sort of viral infection that they determined was going to be cleared up with anitbiotics. This is the first i heard it was a spinal stroke for sure

in fact, here is your last update, critic

NEVER USE MY OWN QUOTED ONLINE REPORTS AGAINST ME AGAIN, KYLE!!!!!

:lolhitting

It's a weird, sad story, for sure.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 08:31 AM)
It's a weird, sad story, for sure.

The last ten years of Lugers career and his life have been wierd and sad. I wonder if him and Sting are still business partners and best friends

Lince Dorado got seriously hurt at Chikara's CHAPTER 11 show at the ECW Arena today.

During today's CHIKARA Pro "Chapter 11" show at the New Alhambra Arena, there was a serious since when Lince Dorado, a young luchador who has become a star in the promotion this year with a great feud with Mitch Ryder, over rotated in a shooting star senton and whiplashed the back of his head on the mat during the finish. It was a scary and very bad scene. The crowd was completely silent as Lince was stretchered out on a table as Mitch Ryder was shaved as part of losing a mask vs. hair match. Mike Quackenbush ended the show immediately afterward with one match (Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli) remaining. The crowd was chanting to END THE SHOW after the announcement was made that Lince was going to the hospital. Word is Lince's family was there and you could hear screaming and crying coming from backstage area. Quackenbush also asked everyone to stay until the ambulance came and went as so not to impede it. Thankfully, Lince was responsive and talking when the ambulance picked him up.

--

Good to hear that he was responsive. Chikara is a really entertaining comedy/lucha/strong style promotion.

I wonder how they are going to handle this on the DVD for the show and a classy move of Quack to cancel the rest of the show.

Plus, tonight is Survivor Series. I am spending mine finishing a set of wrestling DVD's (Best of Chikara, ROH Final Battle 2004, ROH Driven, ROH Supercard of Honor II and then whatever else I can get in before passing out tonight)...and then reading the results of Survivor Series online during this.