Official Squared Circle Thread

Luger has had quite a rough go since the end of the WCW, pretty much starting with Ms Elizabeths death. I dont know if this is some sort of karmic b*tch slap, but wow has it been a tough one. Hopefully the gym that he co-owned with Sting is still making him some money

browsing through Luger's wikipedia entry regarding the NWA, I came across this:

Towards the end of his run in Florida, Luger was involved in a now-legendary steel cage match with Bruiser Brody, where Brody stopped cooperating, leading to Luger leaving the match.

does anyone have a better rundown than this? Im interested in what really happened, there isnt much background on this

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
Luger has had quite a rough go since the end of the WCW, pretty much starting with Ms Elizabeths death. I dont know if this is some sort of karmic b*tch slap, but wow has it been a tough one. Hopefully the gym that he co-owned with Sting is still making him some money

does anyone have a better rundown than this? Im interested in what really happened, there isnt much background on this

Here's the match:

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)

I saw the Bill Alphonso shoot years ago and he just said Brody didn't want to sell for Luger at all. Luger started shoot fighting with Brody but nothing phased Brody and he started fighting back. Luger screams something than leaves. Alphonso raises Brody's hand and splits.

Brody seems like he was difficult to work with and may have led to his murder.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 09:48 AM)
I saw the Bill Alphonso shoot years ago and he just said Brody didn't want to sell for Luger at all. Luger started shoot fighting with Brody but nothing phased Brody and he started fighting back. Luger screams something than leaves. Alphonso raises Brody's hand and splits.

Brody seems like he was difficult to work with and may have led to his murder.

I'd bet Brody's attitude didn't help, but I've always heard that Invader (Jose Gonzalez) was jealous of the fact that Brody would come to Puerto Rico as he pleased (as opposed to staying in the area full-time) and he'd get paid more than the "locals".

Here's an update on Lex Luger.

sources: PWInsider.com, WWE.com, www.f4wonline.com

At last word, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is still hospitalized in Califiornia, but listed in stable condition. It appears he suffered an infection that caused a nerve impingement with his central nervous system, which led to temporary paralysis. He did not have a heart attack or stroke. Luger is currently undergoing intravenous antibiotic treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Isnt tonite the night that Jericho should return? Hasnt the code been showin 1022 Save Us

anyone else watching?

I thought it was 222_Save_Us?

I'm watching, flipping between Raw and the MTL/BOS game on Versus, but I'm bored so I'm heading to bed soon.

Candice Michelle took a nasty bump last night and received a concussion and broke her collar bone. It was a face first bump off the top that her and Beth Phoenix have been doing on house shows and tours. She will be out 4-6 weeks.

Unfortunate becase Candice had improved big time in the ring in my opinion. Hopefully we get Mickie James back in the title picture.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 23, 2007 -> 08:51 AM)
Candice Michelle took a nasty bump last night and received a concussion and broke her collar bone. It was a face first bump off the top that her and Beth Phoenix have been doing on house shows and tours. She will be out 4-6 weeks.

Unfortunate becase Candice had improved big time in the ring in my opinion. Hopefully we get Mickie James back in the title picture.

Ahhhh, it's probably just a work so Candice can get some plastic surgery done.

I didn't see it (I had gone to bed by then), but I read online that it was a pretty sick bump and that her shoulder area looked all messed up afterwards.

I agree about her improving in the ring, it's too bad she'll be out of action.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 23, 2007 -> 08:51 AM)

She is lucky she didnt break her neck. And Beth Phoenix didnt help things when she grabbed her by her hair and dragged her to the middle of the ring to count her out after it was really obvious that she was not right. The only thing that saved Candace Michelle is the fact that her right shoulder hit the mat first instead of her head/neck. She went straight down at the mat after trying a moonsault or something off the corner ropes and Phoenix hit the top rope to throw her off. It was a really ugly fall

Edited by kyyle23

Chris Masters is apparently a graduate of the Bruiser Brody School Of Ring Psychology:

source: www.f4wonline.com

There was an incident involving Undertaker and Chris Masters during a Taker & Kane vs. Finlay & Masters match last week at a house show in Scotland.

It all started when Taker started working over Masters' arm early in the match. Masters tagged out and just stood there on the apron without selling the pain. On the other side of the ring, Taker was gesturing to Masters as if to say, "Sell your arm, dumbass." Masters still wasn't doing anything, and then Taker actually yelled it across the ring. Masters sold a bit and then apparently forgot again.

Masters was tagged back into the match, and apparently Undertaker roughed him up, blooding and perhaps breaking his nose. Masters then started having trouble breathing and got completely blown up. He finally rolled out of the ring and sold like he'd hurt his arm legit. As it turns out, Masters actually dislocated his elbow at some point.

Some guys came out and took Masters to the back. Finlay finished the rest of the match alone. That was the last time Masters wrestled on the tour. Also, a photo of Masters wearing a sling on his arm turned up online, so his injury was serious.

I watched iMPACT! last night.

I turned it off midway through the first hour because it was so unwatchable.

The Dudleys promo against the entire X Division which just buried them as "boys in a men's sport" followed by destroying 4 X Div. wrestlers during a match was insane. The Dudleys are already over. However, just running down your opponent doesn't help -- if they are boys in a men's division then who cares that you beat them up? Nobody. And what happens if the MCMG or somebody beats you? Then you've been beaten by boys and where does that you put you, eh Dudleys?

And the whole Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash crap...god, it was garbage.

Nash may still be able to cut a promo, but he is garbage in the ring anymore, and thats if he stays healthy enough to make it to the ring.

Its too bad he fancies himself so much that he has to be on TV as much as possible still, he could probably make a fantastic creative writer for the show if he could take himself out of the equation

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 07:04 AM)
Nash may still be able to cut a promo, but he is garbage in the ring anymore, and thats if he stays healthy enough to make it to the ring.

Its too bad he fancies himself so much that he has to be on TV as much as possible still, he could probably make a fantastic creative writer for the show if he could take himself out of the equation

I would love to see Kevin Nash do announcing. Ditch Lawler, bring in Nash.

That is the best photoshop I may have ever seen in my life.

Random thoughts:

Solid ppv last night - nothing earthshaking happened (read: no title changes, no jericho) - but it was good. I liked Orton v Michaels - despite the dq ending. Taker/Batista started slow but built up as it went along and Taker put Dave over clean - liked that. Triple H/Umaga was good at the beginning. got slow in the middle and then picked up. Only problem is the finish - couldn't Hunter put the monster over - to continue the feud? Guess not. Loved the Punk/Miz match surprisingly - wonder if it wasn't all planned out beforehand, as they seemed to be trying new moves and such. Good. What was the point of the whole JBL thing - are they building to his ring return?

I am so pissed at TNA. I really really really want it to be good, but it's sooooooooo not. Bound for Glory got amazing online reviews, so I downloaded it and it was horrible. The LAX/XXX Ultimate X was terrific, but nothing else came close to how good that was. too many runins, stupid soap opera storylines, and craziness. And I just don't care about Sting in 2007. Until they improve, I am boycotting.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
That is the best photoshop I may have ever seen in my life.

Random thoughts:

Solid ppv last night - nothing earthshaking happened (read: no title changes, no jericho) - but it was good. I liked Orton v Michaels - despite the dq ending. Taker/Batista started slow but built up as it went along and Taker put Dave over clean - liked that. Triple H/Umaga was good at the beginning. got slow in the middle and then picked up. Only problem is the finish - couldn't Hunter put the monster over - to continue the feud? Guess not. Loved the Punk/Miz match surprisingly - wonder if it wasn't all planned out beforehand, as they seemed to be trying new moves and such. Good. What was the point of the whole JBL thing - are they building to his ring return?

They have been doing this for a while with JBL. I think they are trying to make sure he stays in the public eye enough to make some matches here and there, maybe do some special guest refereeing(is that a word?) much in the same way that Mick Foley and Steve Austin do, and even Lawler. When JBL went out, he was in horrible shape and if i am not mistaken he was having some serious back problems. Unless he sheds some pounds, i cant see him staying in the ring for any length of time.