Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey gotta keep my loop up to date on the latest things dont i??? i like talking to you all better when your all informed as opposed to guessing........lol lol lol lol lol lol .......

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

murc, where did you get that pic in your avaitor??? that is so cool.............

i do believe that my source is quite accurate and i only say that because i had it confirmed by someone else just recently.....they both say pretty much the same thing about the moves.....the only thing i havent found out yet and no one is talking is just exactly who the minor player is..this has me a bit worried since if if it were a nobody they would have said something by now......that makes me tend to think its a somebody and it scares me............im all for dumping foulke and johnson and their money for koch and a lower salary and a better shot with a young closer, its the minor player i worry about ... who wont we be seeing in silver and black that we should be.............as far as depth from the bench we will have to wait and see who goes and who may come up....and we have a few questions still with rowand and his recovery....lots of spaces to fill and little time left to do it in as well as little choices in players to fill them with........

As long as the minor player won't end up being a Chad Bradford or better, I'll be fine with it.

As far as backup players go:

Todd Hollandsworth - Could be a great pickup as a backup OF

Greg Colbrun - I guess we don't really need him but he can hit. Batted .291 in limited time last year with an OPS of 1.004

Ron Gant - He is going to sign another minor league contract with somebody like he did last year with the A's. For a player who was once 30-30, it would be worth a shot.

I think Gant is expecting to get decent money this year after having some sucess with the Padres, or at least thats what I've heard on the Padres radio station.

The Pads want to have him back, but they don't want to give him more then a mill.

I definately want Hollandsworth. I saw that guy play many a times with the Dodgers and he's a very good hitter, and a solid defensive player that can play any outfield position as well as first base. The guy has a great attitude as well and hustles.

He's one of the more under-rated players in the majors and if he's ever healthy and starting a full season he would put up shockingly good numbers.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I think Gant is expecting to get decent money this year after having some sucess with the Padres, or at least thats what I've heard on the Padres radio station.

The Pads want to have him back, but they don't want to give him more then a mill.

I definately want Hollandsworth.  I saw that guy play many a times with the Dodgers and he's a very good hitter, and a solid defensive player that can play any outfield position as well as first base.  The guy has a great attitude as well and hustles.

He's one of the more under-rated players in the majors and if he's ever healthy and starting a full season he would put up shockingly good numbers.

I think that Gant's career is over..... I dont think we should waste any money on him.

Hollandsworth is a very interesting alternative, I'd love to see his ass in the S&B.... I think he might even take someones job... I dunno if were gonna give him to dough he wants though....

What about Ray Lankford? I think he's a FA and he has some good pop in his bat off the bench and can play a decent LF/RF

Oh God, just say know to Lankford.  That guy has a huge hole in his swing and k's a ton.

I think Hollandsworth would win the left field job if Carlos Lee is Dh'ing(If Thomas goes to Bmore) or if Lee is traded(Something I wouldn't really like to see)

Agreed. Not a big time slugger, but a guy that could easily hit .300 for us from the left side...that is something the Sox need is another dangerous lefty...not necessarily a threat to go deep though.

I pulled three articles from the various websites of

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/m...o/03agency.html , and espn.com

r-likely to retire; x-club option for 2003; m-mutual option for 2003; y-player option for 2003; c-released; o-opted for free agency upon refusal to accept an outright assignment; n-not tendered a contract for the 2003 season; f-have not filed for free agency.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

ANAHEIM (5): Dennis Cook, lhp; c-Sal Fasano, c; Alex Ochoa, of; Orlando Palmeiro, of; c-Julio Ramirez, of.

BALTIMORE (6): Mike Bordick, ss; c-Chris Brock, rhp; c-Raul Casanova, c; c-Luis Lopez, 2b; o-Calvin Maduro, rhp; c-Yorkis Perez, lhp.

BOSTON (12): Shane Andrews, 3b; Carlos Baerga, 3b; Willie Banks, rhp; Frank Castillo, rhp; Tony Clark, 1b; Cliff Floyd, of; Rickey Henderson, of; Dustin Hermanson, rhp; o-Calvin Pickering, 1b; Rey Sanchez, ss; Ugueth Urbina, rhp; o-Jeff Wallace, lhp.

CHICAGO (2): o-Jim Parque, lhp; Frank Thomas, dh.

CLEVELAND (7): Dave Burba, rhp; Terry Mulholland, lhp; c-Heath Murray, lhp; Charles Nagy, rhp; Eddie Perez, c; Lee Stevens, 1b; Jim Thome, 1b.

DETROIT (2): Juan Acevedo, rhp; c-Damian Jackson, ss.

KANSAS CITY (4): Luis Alicea, 2b; Paul Byrd, rhp; Roberto Hernandez, rhp; Chuck Knoblauch, of.

MINNESOTA (3): Mike Jackson, rhp; c-David Lamb, ss; Bob Wells, rhp.

NEW YORK (10): Alex Arias, ss; o-Alberto Castillo, c; Roger Clemens, rhp; Ron Coomer, 1b; Ramiro Mendoza, rhp; Mike Stanton, lhp; o-Mike Thurman, rhp; John Vander Wal, of; Robin Ventura, 3b; Chris Widger, c.

OAKLAND (6): Ray Durham, 2b; David Justice, of; John Mabry, of; Greg Myers, c; c-Olmedo Saenz, 1b; Randy Velarde, 2b.

SEATTLE (9): c-Paul Abbott, rhp; James Baldwin, rhp; Pat Borders, c; r-Norm Charlton, lhp; Jamie Moyer, lhp; Jose Offerman, 1b; John Olerud, 1b; Ruben Sierra, of; Ismael Valdes, rhp.

TAMPA BAY (5): c-Wilson Alvarez, lhp; John Flaherty, c; c-Chris Gomez, ss; o-Paul Hoover, c; c-Tom Martin, lhp.

TEXAS (10): c-Juan Alvarez, lhp; Bill Haselman, c; Todd Hollandsworth, of; c-Hideki Irabu, rhp; o-Ruben Rivera, of; c-John Rocker, lhp; Ivan Rodriguez, c; Rich Rodriguez, lhp; Kenny Rogers, lhp; Rudy Seanez, rhp.

TORONTO (4): o-Chris Carpenter, rhp; Felix Heredia, lhp; Esteban Loaiza, rhp; Steve Parris, rhp.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

ARIZONA (10): Brian Anderson, lhp; Jay Bell, 2b; Greg Colbrunn, 1b; Chris Donnels, 1b; Mike Fetters, rhp; Steve Finley, of; Mark Grace, 1b; Rick Helling, rhp; Mike Morgan, rhp; Armando Reynoso, rhp.

ATLANTA (11): Darren Bragg, of; Julio Franco, 1b; Tom Glavine, lhp; Chris Hammond, lhp; Darren Holmes, rhp; Keith Lockhart, 2b; Albie Lopez, rhp; Greg Maddux, rhp; Dave Martinez, of; Mike Remlinger, lhp; B.J. Surhoff, of.

CHICAGO (6): Jason Bere, rhp; Joe Girardi, c; Jon Lieber, rhp; Pat Mahomes, rhp; Fred McGriff, 1b; c-Jesus Sanchez, lhp.

CINCINNATI (6): Shawn Estes, lhp; Joey Hamilton, rhp; Jimmy Haynes, rhp; Brian Moehler, rhp; Jose Rijo, rhp; c-Jose Silva, rhp.

COLORADO (5): Sandy Alomar, c; Pete Harnisch, rhp; Kent Mercker, lhp; Terry Shumpert, 2b; Todd Zeile, 3b.

FLORIDA (3): Graeme Lloyd, lhp; r-Tim Raines, of; Julian Tavarez, rhp.

HOUSTON (7): Pedro Borbon, lhp; Doug Brocail, rhp; Tom Gordon, rhp; Mark Loretta, ss; Dave Mlicki, rhp; Shane Reynolds, rhp; c-Tom Shearn, rhp.

LOS ANGELES (6): Omar Daal, lhp; Marquis Grissom, of; Dave Hansen, 1b; Tyler Houston, 3b; Chad Kreuter, c; Jeff Reboulet, 2b.

MILWAUKEE (7): o-Ryan Christenson, of; Jorge Fabregas, c; o-Chad Fox, rhp; Lenny Harris, 3b; Jose Hernandez, 3b; o-Andrew Lorraine, lhp; Matt Stairs, of.

MONTREAL (4): Wil Cordero, of; Andres Galarraga, 1b; c-Wilton Guerrero, of; Troy O'Leary, of.

NEW YORK (7): Edgardo Alfonzo, 3b; Jeff D'Amico, rhp; Mark Guthrie, lhp; c-Satoru Komiyama, rhp; Steve Reed, rhp; Steve Trachsel, rhp; John Valentin, 3b.

PHILADELPHIA (8): Terry Adams, rhp; Ricky Bottalico, rhp; Doug Glanville, of; Dave Hollins, 3b; Robert Person, rhp; Dan Plesac, lhp; Todd Pratt, c; Mike Timlin, rhp.

PITTSBURGH (6): Mike Benjamin, ss; Brian Boehringer, rhp; r-Darren Lewis, of; Keith Osik, c; c-Armando Rios, of; Ron Villone, lhp.

ST. LOUIS (7): Andy Benes, rhp; Mike DiFelice, c; Jeff Fassero, lhp; Chuck Finley, lhp; Dave Veres, rhp; Rick White, rhp; Jamey Wright, rhp.

SAN DIEGO (8): Deivi Cruz, ss; c-Matt DeWitt, rhp; Ron Gant, of; o-Mike Holtz, lhp; Tom Lampkin, c; Ray Lankford, of; c-Jose Nunez, lhp; c-Rob Ramsay, lhp.

SAN FRANCISCO (7): Shawon Dunston, of; Tom Goodwin, of; Jeff Kent, 2b; Kenny Lofton, of; Bill Mueller, 3b; Reggie Sanders, of; c-Tsuyoshi Shinjo, of.

DID NOT FILE - RETIRING (2): Todd Stottlemyre, rhp, Arizona; Travis Fryman, 3b, Cleveland.

Signed Free Agents:

American League:

Anaheim (0):

Baltimore (3): Rigo Beltran, lhp, Mexico, AAA+ST [11/7]; Fernando Rijo, rhp, Los Angeles, AAA+ST [11/7]; Carlos Mendez, c, Oakland, AAA+ST [11/7].

Boston (8): Hansel Izquierdo, rhp, Florida, AAA+ST [10/17]; Chris Coste, c, Cleveland, AAA+ST [11/21]; Jeff Smith, c, Minnesota, AAA+ST [11/21]; Justin Kaye, rhp, Seattle, AAA+ST [11/21]; Kevin Tolar, lhp, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/22]; Tom Davey, rhp, San Diego, AAA+ST [11/22]; Steve Woodard, rhp, Philadelphia, AAA+ST [11/22]; Larry Sutton, 1b, Oakland, AAA+ST [11/22]; Julio Zuleta, 1b, Cubs, AAA+ST [11/22].

Chicago (0):

Cleveland (3): Jose Santiago, rhp, Philadelphia, 1 yr [11/2]; Jason Beverlin, rhp, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/21]; Jason Boyd, rhp, Boston, AAA+ST [11/21].

Detroit (1): Matt Walbeck, c, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/18].

Kansas City (0):

Minnesota (0):

New York (0):

Oakland (4): Jose Silva, rhp, Cincinnati, AAA+ST [11/18]; Dave McCarty, 1b, Tampa Bay, AAA+ST [11/18]; Billy McMillon, of, Yankees, AAA+ST [11/18]; Mitch Meluskey, c, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/18].

Seattle (0):

Tampa Bay (5): Mike James, rhp, Colorado, AAA+ST [11/6]; Matt Perisho, lhp, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/6]; Adrian Brown, of, Pittsburgh, AAA+ST [11/6]; Chad Mottola, of, Toronto, AAA+ST [11/6]; Jay Canizaro, 2b, Minnesota, AAA+ST [11/6].

Texas (12): Rosman Garcia, rhp, Texas, AAA+ST [10/8]; Justin Thompson, lhp, Texas, AAA+ST [10/17]; Rob Ellis, rhp, Los Angeles, AAA+ST [11/13]; Victor Santos, rhp, Colorado, AAA+ST [11/13]; Ron Mahay, lhp, Cubs, AAA+ST [11/13]; Brian Shouse, lhp, Houston, AAA+ST [11/13]; Donnie Sadler, ss, Texas, AAA+ST [11/13]; Rontrez Johnson, of, Kansas City, AAA+ST [11/13]; Fernando Lunar, c, Baltimore, AAA+ST [11/13]; Danny Ardoin, c, Kansas City, AAA+ST [11/13]; Ray Beasley, lhp, Atlanta, AAA+ST [11/15]; C.J. Nitkowski, lhp, Texas, AAA+ST [11/15].

Toronto (11): Doug Creek, lhp, Seattle, 1 yr [10/29]; Doug Linton, rhp, Atlanta, AAA+ST [10/30]; Trever Miller, lhp, Cincinnati, AAA+ST [10/30]; Jeff Tam, rhp, Oakland, 1 yr [11/1]; Tim Young, lhp, Cleveland, AAA+ST [11/1]; Evan Thomas, rhp, Philadelphia, AAA+ST [11/1]; Mike Moriarty, 2b, Baltimore, AAA+ST [11/1]; Rob Ryan, of, Boston, AAA+ST [11/5]; Howie Clark, of, Baltimore, AAA+ST [11/5]; Josh Towers, rhp, Baltimore, AAA+ST [11/8]; Bruce Aven, of, Cleveland, AAA+ST [11/8].

National League:

Arizona (0):

Atlanta (0):

Chicago (1): Mike Sirotka, lhp, Toronto, AAA+ST [10/30].

Cincinnati (8): Robin Jennings, of, Cincinnati, AAA+ST [11/19]; Ryan Freel, of, Tampa Bay, AAA+ST [11/19]; Lance Davis, lhp, Cincinnati, AAA+ST [11/19]; Mark Watson, lhp, Seattle, AAA+ST [11/19]; Sean DePaula, rhp, Cleveland, AAA+ST [11/19]; Reed Secrist, c, Pittsburgh, AAA+ST [11/19]; Kelly Dransfeldt, ss, Texas, AAA+ST [11/19]; Emil Brown, of, Tampa Bay, AAA+ST [11/19]; Felipe Crespo, of, San Fran, AAA+ST [11/19].

Colorado (0):

Florida (8): Toby Borland, rhp, Florida, AAA+ST [11/25]; Rick Croushore, rhp, Boston, AAA+ST [11/25]; Allen Levrault, rhp, Oakland, AAA+ST [11/25]; Paul Hoover, c, Tampa Bay, AAA+ST [11/25]; Matt Treanor, c, Florida, AAA+ST [11/25]; Chad Allen, of, Cleveland, AAA+ST [11/25]; Rob Stratton, of, Colorado, AAA+ST [11/25]; Chris Wakeland, of, Detroit, AAA+ST [11/25].

Houston (4): Miguel Saladin, rhp, Houston, AAA+ST [11/1]; Chris Gissell, rhp, Cubs, AAA+ST [11/1]; Ken Vining, lhp, White Sox, AAA+ST [11/1]; Jonathon Johnson, rhp, San Diego, AAA+ST [11/1].

Los Angeles (1): Luke Prokopec, rhp, Toronto, AAA+ST [11/4].

Milwaukee (6): Brooks Kieschnick, rhp, White Sox, AAA+ST [11/8]; Scott Seabol, 3b, Yankees, AAA+ST [11/8]; Cody McKay, c, Oakland, 1 yr [11/8]; Wilton Veras, 3b, Boston, AAA+ST [11/25]; Marc Budzinski, of, Cubs, AAA+ST [11/25]; Jed Hansen, ss, Kansas City, AAA+ST [11/25].

Montreal (0):

New York (0):

Phildelphia (2): Mike Coolbaugh, 3b, St Louis, AAA+ST [11/13]; David Bell, 3b, San Fran, 4 yrs, $17M [11/24].

Pittsburgh (0):

St. Louis (1): Woody Williams, rhp, St Louis, 2 yrs w/co, $14.9M [11/25]

San Diego (2): Francisco Cordova, rhp, dnp, 1 yr, $0.75M [11/19]; Jesse Orosco, lhp, Los Angeles, 1 yr, $0.8M [11/19].

San Francisco (0):

Remaining free agents:

American League

Anaheim -- Dennis Cook, lhp; Alex Ochoa, of; Orlando Palmeiro, of.

Baltimore -- Mike Bordick, ss.

Boston -- Shane Andrews, 1b; Carlos Baerga, dh; Willie Banks, rhp; Frank Castillo, rhp; Tony Clark, 1b; Cliff Floyd, of; Rickey Henderson, of; Dustin Hermanson, rhp; Rey Sanchez, 2b; Ugueth Urbina, rhp.

Chicago -- Frank Thomas, dh.

Cleveland -- Dave Burba, rhp; Terry Mulholland, lhp; Charles Nagy, rhp; Eddie Perez, c; Lee Stevens, 1b.

Detroit -- Juan Acevedo, rhp; Matt Walbeck, c.

Kansas City -- Luis Alicea, 2b; Paul Byrd, rhp; Roberto Hernandez, rhp; Chuck Knoblauch, of.

Minnesota -- Mike Jackson, rhp; Bob Wells, rhp.

New York -- Alex Arias, 3b; Roger Clemens, RHP; Ron Coomer, 3b; Ramiro Mendoza, rhp; Mike Stanton, lhp; John Vander Wal, of; Robin Ventura, 3b; Chris Widger, c.

Oakland -- Ray Durham, 2b; David Justice, of; John Mabry, of; Greg Myers, c; Randy Velarde, 2b.

Seattle -- James Baldwin, rhp; Pat Borders, c; Norm Charlton, lhp; Jamie Moyer, lhp; Jose Offerman, 1b; John Olerud, 1b; Ruben Sierra, of; Ismael Valdes, rhp.

Tampa Bay -- John Flaherty, c.

Texas -- Bill Haselman, c; Todd Hollandsworth, of; Ivan Rodriguez, c; Rich Rodriguez, lhp; Kenny Rogers, lhp; Rudy Seanez, rhp.

Toronto -- Felix Heredia, lhp; Esteban Loaiza, rhp; Steve Parris, rhp.

National League

Arizona -- Brian Anderson, lhp; Jay Bell, inf; Greg Colbrunn, inf; Chris Donnels, inf; Mike Fetters, rhp; Steve Finley, of; Mark Grace, 1b; Rick Helling, rhp; Mike Morgan, rhp; Armando Reynoso, rhp.

Atlanta -- Darren Bragg, of; Julio Franco, 1b; Tom Glavine, lhp; Chris Hammond, lhp; Darren Holmes, rhp; Keith Lockhart, inf; Albie Lopez, rhp; Greg Maddux, rhp; Dave Martinez, of; Mike Remlinger, lhp; B.J. Surhoff, of.

Chicago -- Jason Bere, rhp; Joe Girardi, c; Jon Lieber, rhp; Pat Mahomes, rhp; Fred McGriff, 1b.

Cincinnati -- Shawn Estes, lhp; Joey Hamilton, rhp; Jimmy Haynes, rhp; Brian Moehler, rhp; Jose Rijo, rhp.

Colorado -- Sandy Alomar Jr., c; Pete Harnisch, rhp; Kent Mercker, lhp; Terry Shumpert, 2b; Todd Zeile, 3b.

Florida -- Graeme Lloyd, lhp; Tim Raines, of; Julian Tavarez, rhp.

Houston -- Pedro Borbon, lhp; Doug Brocail, rhpTom Gordon, rhp; Mark Loretta, 3b; Dave Mlicki, rhp; Shane Reynolds, rhp.

Los Angeles -- Omar Daal, lhp; Marquis Grissom, of; Dave Hansen, 1b; Tyler Houston, 3b; Chad Kreuter, c; Jesse Orosco, lhp; Jeff Reboulet, 2b.

Milwaukee -- Jorge Fabregas, c; Lenny Harris, of; Jose Hernandez, ss; Matt Stairs, of.

Montreal -- Wil Cordero, of; Andres Galarraga, 1b; Troy O'Leary, of.

New York -- Edgardo Alfonzo, 3b; Jeff D'Amico, rhp; Mark Guthrie, lhp; Steve Reed, rhp; Steve Trachsel, rhp; John Valentin, ss.

Philadelphia -- Terry Adams, rhp; Ricky Bottalico, rhp; Doug Glanville, of; Dave Hollins, 1b; Robert Person, rhp; Dan Plesac, lhp; Todd Pratt, c; Mike Timlin, rhp.

Pittsburgh -- Mike Benjamin, 3b; Brian Boehringer, rhp; Darren Lewis, of; Keith Osik, c; Ron Villone, lhp.

St. Louis -- Andy Benes, rhp; Mike DiFelice, c; Jeff Fassero, lhp; Chuck Finley, lhp; Dave Veres, rhp; Rick White, rhp; Jamey Wright, rhp.

San Diego -- Deivi Cruz, ss; Ron Gant, of; Tom Lampkin, c; Ray Lankford, of.

San Francisco -- Shawon Dunston, of; Tom Goodwin, of; Jeff Kent, 2b; Kenny Lofton, of; Bill Mueller, 3b; Reggie Sanders, of.

Here's our list of the free agents who should have the most impact for the team which signs them. The top 10 names is also known as the Yankee Shopping List (oh, wait, they're cutting payroll this offseason). You'll also see that we know where each player is headed. Count on it.

Player 2002 stats Comment/Prediction

1. Jim Thome

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4762.jpg> 52-118-.304-1.122 OPS Signed: Phillies, 6 years, $87M

Prediction: Phillies

He was the best hitter in the AL in 2002, but a warning: he's hit much better in Cleveland than on the road the past 3 years (1.253 OPS at home in '02, .986 on the road).

2. Greg Maddux

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3933.jpg> 16-6, 2.62 Certain Hall-of-Famer has remarkably won at least 15 games each of the last 15 years. Also, posted a sub 3.00 ERA for the ninth time in his career in '02. Will he stay in Atlanta or go west?

Where he'll end up: Diamondbacks

3. Jeff Kent

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4826.jpg> 37-108-.313-.933 OPS Had 108 RBI in '02, his sixth straight year with at least 100. Giants should use the money left by the departure of manager Dusty Baker and offer it to Kent. But if he leaves the Giants, how much will he miss batting in front of Barry Bonds?

Where he'll end up: Giants

4. Tom Glavine

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4122.jpg> 18-11, 2.96 Had two bad postseason starts, but did win 18 regular-season games and posted a 2.96 ERA, his best since '98. A Brave from Day 1, but is a Massachusetts native. Phillies also interested.

Where he'll end up: Braves

5. Ivan Rodriguez

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4680.jpg> 19-60-.314-.895 OPS Coming off three straight injury-plagued seasons and despite being just 30 has a lot of wear and tear on his body from years of catching. Has hit .300 or better eight straight years. Pudge's days in Texas are over.

Where he'll end up: Cubs

6. Roger Clemens

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3340.jpg> 13-6, 4.35 The Yankees owe him $10.3M next year regardless of whether he pitches for them or not. Is seven wins shy of 300 for his career. You better believe the Yanks will come up with even more cash to keep him.

Where he'll end up: Yankees

7. Cliff Floyd

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5177.jpg> 28-79-.288-.920 OPS One of the better middle-of-the-order hitters available. Coming off a season in which he played for three teams -- Marlins, Expos and Red Sox. Bad knees. Wants to play on grass.

Where he'll end up: Red Sox

8. John Olerud

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4403.jpg> 22-102-.300-.893 OPS Coming off a season in which he had 102 RBI and batted .300. Has drive in 90 or more runs in each of the last six years. Seattle is his hometown and where he wants to be.

Where he'll end up: Mariners

9. Hideki Matsui

<http://espn.go.com/media/mlb/2002/1112/photo/a_matsui_ss.jpg> 50-107-.334 in Japan The 28-year-old won his third MVP Award in the Japanese Central League this past season. The left-handed hitter projects to be a starting corner outfielder. Nickname: Godzilla.

10. Jamie Moyer

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3932.jpg> 13-8, 3.32 Has won 13 or more games the last seven years and is coming off a season in which he compiled a career-best 3.32 ERA. Seattle desperately needs to re-sign him.

Where he'll end up: Mariners

11. Ray Durham

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5323.jpg> 15-70-.289-.825 OPS Provided A's with a solid leadoff presence after midseason trade. Scored 114 runs and had a .374 OBP in '02. A's want to keep him, but want to make him an outfielder (something he's reluctant to do) and will have to fit him in within their money parameters.

Where he'll end up: A's

12. Steve Finley

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4307.jpg> 25-89-.287-.869 OPS Considered among the elite in defensive center fielders, he continues to show pop in his bat as he's hit 25 or more homers three of the last four seasons. Arizona very much wants to keep him, but Buck Showalter also covets him in Texas.

Where he'll end up: Rangers

13. Paul Byrd

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5468.jpg> 17-11, 3.90 Came back from a two-year disappearing act to win 17 games in '02. Likes the lifestyle in Kansas City, but is headed back to the National League.

14. Jose Hernandez

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4728.jpg> 24-73-.288-.834 OPS Yeah, he nearly broke the single-season strikeout record. But in all honesty he had a good season overall, quite possibly the best of any shortstop in the NL.

Where he'll end up: Brewers

15. Edgardo Alfonzo

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5363.jpg> 16-56-.308-.851 OPS He hit only 16 homers in '02, but did bat over .300. Major concerns still linger over the health of his troubled back. Wants to return to second base.

Where he'll end up: Dodgers

16. Reggie Sanders

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4737.jpg> 23-85-.250-.779 OPS Good (23 homers, 85 RBI), but definitely not great (.250 BA). Is he a ticket to the World Series? Has been to the Fall Classic each of the last two years with Diamondbacks and Giants. With Brian Jordan wanting a trade out of L.A., Sanders stays in the NL West.

17. Frank Thomas

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4527.jpg> 28-92-.252-.834 OPS Due to a clause in his contract can sign with any team until Dec. 7. If he doesn't, he will return to White Sox, where most of his salary will be deferred. Strictly a DH at this point.

Where he'll end up: White Sox

18. Mike Remlinger

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4673.jpg> 7-3, 1.99 One of the game's superior set-up men, he posted a career-best 1.99 ERA in '02. Allowed only three home runs in 68 innings of work.

Where he'll end up: Phillies

19. Ugueth Urbina

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5385.jpg> 1-6, 3.00, 40 SV One of the few closers on the market. Had 40 saves in 2002, the second-highest total in his career.

20. Kenny Rogers

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3974.jpg> 13-8, 3.84 Pitched 200 or more innings for the fifth time in his career. Is a good middle-of-the-rotation starter if expectations aren't too great for him.

21. Chuck Finley

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3846.jpg> 11-15, 4.15 Played a major role for the Cardinals down the stretch, going 7-4, 3.80 in 14 starts. Will be 40 by the time the regular season starts next year.

Where he'll end up: Cardinals

22. Kenny Lofton

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4789.jpg> 11-51-.261-.763 OPS After a down year in '01, got somewhat back on track in '02, especially after a midseason trade to the Giants. How much he can provide over the long haul of a season remains to be seen.

23. Steve Trachsel

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5172.jpg> 11-11, 3.37 He's not great (11-11, 3.37), but he's far from being awful and has pitched well since middle of 2001. Fits in well as probably a No. 4 starter.

Where he'll end up: Mets

24. Robin Ventura

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4432.jpg> 27-93-.247-.826 OPS Came back from a down year in '01 to hit 27 homers and have 93 RBI while providing a steady glove. Yanks will try and re-sign him for one year with Drew Henson still not ready.

25. Woody Williams

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5025.jpg> 9-4, 2.53 Signed: Cardinals, 2 years, $14.9M

Prediction: Cardinals

At 36, can he stay healthy enough (and pitch well enough) to justify big deal? Cards pay a lot to find out.

26. David Bell

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5343.jpg> 20-73-.261-.762 OPS Signed: Phillies, 4 years, $17M

Prediction: Phillies

He's no Scott Rolen, but less expensive. Not that $4M a year is a bargain for Phils. But will get along better with Bowa.

27. Fred McGriff

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3579.jpg> 30-103-.273-.858 OPS Has 478 career home runs after hitting 30 longballs. His 103 RBI gave him four straight years of 100 or more. Will be 39 entering '03 season. Could be a good fit with Red Sox as 1B/DH.

28. Mike Stanton

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4391.jpg> 7-1, 3.00 He's 35 and has put a lot of miles on his left arm, but is still an effective lefty set-up man. Posted a 3.00 ERA in 78 innings in '02.

29. David Justice

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4326.jpg> 11-49-.266-.785 OPS Mr. Postseason! Has been to the playoffs each year since 1991. May decide to retire, but if he doesn't would definitely have teams interested in him for the right price. Is a health risk.

Where he'll end up: A's

30. Bill Mueller

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5587.jpg> 7-38-.262-.743 OPS Good defensive third baseman and also a good top-of-the-order hitter as evidenced by his career .370 OBP.

31. Jon Lieber

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5235.jpg> 6-8, 3.70 Cubs declined his $6.25M option for '03 though they'd still like to keep him. Underwent reconstructive elbow surgery in early August and won't be able to pitch until July at the earliest.

Where he'll end up: Cubs

32. Ruben Sierra

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3841.jpg> 13-60-.270-.736 OPS Wasn't quite the answer to the Mariners' left-field woes as he hit .270 with only 13 homers and faded in second half. Probably a decent reserve for some team.

Where he'll end up: Tigers

33. Rick Helling

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5207.jpg> 10-12, 4.51 Hasn't had an ERA below 4.00 his entire career (six full years). A back-of-the-rotation starter, at best.

Where he'll end up: Brewers

34. Roberto Hernandez

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4612.jpg> 1-3, 4.33, 26 SV Is beyond his prime, but did have 26 saves in '02. Could be a good one-year signing as a set-up man.

Where he'll end up: Rockies

35. Todd Zeile

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4384.jpg> 18-87-.273-.778 OPS Had a resurgence offensively, but don't forget he did so while playing half his games at that hitter-heaven called Coors Field.

Where he'll end up: Rockies

36. Ramiro Mendoza

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5617.jpg> 8-4, 3.44 When his sinker sinks, he's nearly unhittable. When it doesn't, he usually gets rocked. Has expressed a desire to be a full-time starter.

37. Tom Gordon

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4279.jpg> 1-3, 3.38 Elbow problems have limited him over the last four years. Though it's a risky signing, could go to a team in desperate need of a closer.

Where he'll end up: Royals

38. Todd Hollandsworth

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5301.jpg> 16-67-.284-.807 OPS When healthy, is a productive player. Will find a taker, probably as a reserve or in a platoon role.

39. Chris Hammond

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4508.jpg> 7-2, 0.95 Out of the game for three full years, he came back with a bang pitching in middle relief, compiling a minuscule 0.95 ERA in 76 innings pitched.

40. Robert Person

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5538.jpg> 4-5, 5.44 Was shut down in mid-July due to injury after winning only four games. Did win a career high 15 games in 2001.

Where he'll end up: Orioles

41. Terry Adams

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5479.jpg> 7-9, 4.35 Signed to be a starter by the Phillies last offseason, he eventually went back to his normal role as a set-up man. Best if used that way.

42. Julian Tavarez

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5103.jpg> 10-12, 5.39 Though he prefers starting, which he did most of last season, is probably best used out of the bullpen. A volatile personality.

Where he'll end up: Marlins

43. Omar Daal

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5009.jpg> 11-9, 3.90 Has won in double figures in three of the last four years, but does have a career 4.40 ERA.

Where he'll end up: Pirates

44. Dave Veres

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5232.jpg> 5-8, 3.48 Was solid in a set-up role (3.48 ERA) in '02 and can close in a pinch, if needed.

Where he'll end up: Cardinals

45. Jimmy Haynes

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5531.jpg> 15-10, 4.12 Won a career high 15 games and also started a career high 34 games. Tough to envision him doing it again.

Where he'll end up: Mets

46. Rey Sanchez

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4777.jpg> 1-38-.286-.662 OPS Light-hitting middle infielder, but is still among the elite defensively at either second base or shortstop.

47. Shawn Estes

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5537.jpg> 5-12, 5.10 Won just five games and had a 5.10 ERA in 29 starts for the Mets and Reds in '02. Hasn't finished a season with an ERA under 4.00 since '97.

Where he'll end up: Reds

48. Marquis Grissom

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4389.jpg> 17-60-.277-.831 OPS Played well down the stretch after taking over the starting center-field spot. Best utilized in a reserve role.

49. Ismael Valdes

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5261.jpg> 8-12, 4.18 Won all of eight games last year in 31 starts. A fifth starter at best, but will need to take a huge paycut from his $2.5M salary in '02.

Where he'll end up: Orioles

50. Greg Colbrunn

<http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4880.jpg> 10-27-.333-1.004 OPS Since '96 hasn't played on an everyday basis, but if given a chance just might be able to produce enough to warrant regular status.

Where he'll end up: Diamondbacks

:eek :cool: great info

Thank you thank you, its an honor. No really it's what I post, improvements for the REAL team in the best city of CHICAGO (NOT NEW YORK), THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX. This is what I was trying to do all along, but barely anyone listened to me besides the few friends I had at www.whitesox.com:cool:

I'd sign Lieber, but the Cubs will probably give him much more money. The only way I'd sign him is if it was to a minimum contract with option years and big time performance clauses that could push his salary up to about 7 or 8 million if he returns to his pre-surgery form.

Basically, that ain't going to happen as the Cubs will offer him a couple million a year and he's very loyal to them and thankful that they will take care of him. Plus he won't be any use to us at all this season, cause it takes one full year after the surgery to recover. At the earliest he could make his first start August 1st.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn  At the earliest he could make his first start August 1st.

Yeah. Lieber won't help anybody out (more than likely) this year. Plus, JR would never pay him what he'd be asking. We all know how JR feels when it comes to signing a pitcher recently off the DL.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

JB? NO f***ING WAY! Mr. "I'm due to give up 2-3 dingers a game" Baldwin? NO!

To a minor league deal? I'd do it...and Masato Yoshii was released by the Expos...we could give him a shot too.

Baldwin pitched best in a White Sox uniform, but sucked on both the Dodgers and Mariners...maybe it's because he's wearing that uniform and is comfortable in Comiskey.

We're not asking them to be saviors...we'd be testing them to see if they could help the big league club. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who knows, if Schu becomes the gm, I'd be skeptical, I don't want him hosing us, but if we could get a good deal I'd do it.

I also read something, probably not true, but that we would deal Willie Harris and a lower level prospect for Ryan Dempster. This was from a Reds board and I don't buy into it.

Who knows, if Schu becomes the gm, I'd be skeptical, I don't want him hosing us, but if we  could get a good deal I'd do it.

I also read something, probably not true, but that we would deal Willie Harris and a lower level prospect for Ryan Dempster.  This was from a Reds board and I don't buy into it.

ryan dempster's name comes up alot in trade talks...but why would the marlins trade one of their better pitchers for willie harris??...they already have a good 2nd baseman...they could get more then harris and a prospect for dempster...especially since harris' stock dropped after his call up last year