Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Patriot haters -- it's really entertaining, and on YouTube.

://www.ryanparkersongs.com/2007/09/sha...-belicheat.html

I never called Bill Belichick a genius,

Cause I remember when he coached the Browns,

He was such a failure up in Cleveland,

The franchise folded up and left the town,

I never said Tom Brady was a hero,

Cause I remember him at Michigan,

Bringing Gatorade to Brian Griese,

Except for garbage time when he got in,

So wasn't it a little shady when this quarterback named Brady,

Suddenly became a mega star,

Wasn't it a bit confusing when this coach who's used to losing,

Earned the reputation that he's smart,

When you know which plays are coming, it can make a coach look cunning,

And make an average quarterback elite,

Cheating's how they got their glory, it's the true deceitful story,

Of Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

The tabloids say they've cheated on their girlfriends,

And someone should review their SATs,

The IRS should look into their taxes,

And their colleges should check out their degrees,

Mangini knew the tricks that they were using,

So he convinced the Jets to turn them in,

Cause he was getting sick and tired of losing,

To a team that has to cheat to win,

But Brady's made a lot of money and he's scored a lot of honeys,

By showing off his championship rings,

Bill's been praised because he's clever, and called the greatest ever,

And lived with all the luxuries that brings,

But let's confiscate their Sony's, and expose them both as phonies,

And see how many teams that they can beat,

Some would say it won't be any, if it is, it won't be many,

Poor Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

No more lucky play selection, into proper blitz protection,

For Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

Cause cheating's how they got their glory, it's the true deceitful story,

Of Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat ...

Better than Mercury Morris!

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
Yeah Patriots defense is definitely not as good what people thought they were. The only problem is the offense is so unstoppable that it doesnt matter.

When he was DC in NY, Belichick told his defenders to be a little easier on the Bills and let them rush for over 100 yards in the Super Bowl. "If Thurman Thomas rushes for 100, we win." His players thought it was crazy but they followed. That became the first HOF gameplan (literally, it's in the HOF) Belichick put out.

Yesterday the Patriots were running a vanilla defense all in all. Much less aggressive than I thought they could be. They got burnt by some bold play calls a couple of times -- likely calls they didn't think the Jags would be bold enough to call -- and some good play by a good team. But my guess is that the Patriots were keeping their best and most ingenious defensive schemes under wraps for Indianapolis. Besides, New England is the best in the game and always has been at making adjustments game-to-game from analyzing weaknesses to writing a plan more appropriate for the opposing defense, so what we saw yesterday won't be the same against Indy. I don't guarantee anything -- I'm just saying, this is how NE works, and it's not going to change.

The Patriots defense isn't as "good" as someone-I-don't-know-but-apparently-there's-someone-saying-the-Patriots-defense-is-really-good says but they are much better than others would give them credit for.

Tony Romo's weekend getaway to Cabo San Lucas with Jessica Simpson continues to produce far more headlines and talk-show conversation than it deserves. In Dallas, they're referring to Simpson as "Yoko Romo." It probably needs to be noted that several other people made the trip besides Romo and Simpson, including Cowboys tight end Jason Witten. "Part of the reason I got away was just because I don't feel sometimes that I get to be on my own when I'm in certain places," the Cowboys quarterback told reporters this week. "It was nice to go there and just rent a house and just sit around and watch football over the weekend and not have to worry about answering the phone or worry about tickets, or radio shows or TV things, and just the normal, everyday things. I think I needed it and I think some of our guys needed it. I think it will hopefully help us prepare for this week." -- Philadelphia Daily News

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
Tony Romo's weekend getaway to Cabo San Lucas with Jessica Simpson continues to produce far more headlines and talk-show conversation than it deserves. In Dallas, they're referring to Simpson as "Yoko Romo." It probably needs to be noted that several other people made the trip besides Romo and Simpson, including Cowboys tight end Jason Witten. "Part of the reason I got away was just because I don't feel sometimes that I get to be on my own when I'm in certain places," the Cowboys quarterback told reporters this week. "It was nice to go there and just rent a house and just sit around and watch football over the weekend and not have to worry about answering the phone or worry about tickets, or radio shows or TV things, and just the normal, everyday things. I think I needed it and I think some of our guys needed it. I think it will hopefully help us prepare for this week." -- Philadelphia Daily News

I'm in Dallas and it was the lead or near the lead story on almost every local news cast here all week. And it's completely stupid.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I'm in Dallas and it was the lead or near the lead story on almost every local news cast here all week. And it's completely stupid.

ESPN seems to have turned into TMZ the past few weeks with all of it.

I have no clue who to cheer for in this game. Its whoever will beat the Patriots. I went into this game saying Colts, but i just dont know anymore. LT could run over Pats and SD has a good D, but the passing game would kill them, the Colts just arent playing good but if they win maybe a second week of healthy players(pray Addai and Sanders are good) they can take down the Pats