Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)
If you have nothing to gain by winning, you keep your best players on the bench once you feel they've gotten enough playing time to keep them sharp. As for the time out, if you lose a 2nd stringer, that could cost you a playoff game if your starter gets injured in a playoff game. I don't blame the Colts one damn bit. And as a Sox fan, let me add this: f*** Cleveland. :D

Exactly. The NFL roster only has 53 players, so you can't just bench key special teams guys. I'm not sure what his name is, but I'm sure Indy has a special teams star like Brendon Ayanbadejo is for the Bears. Let's say the Colts call timeout there, and that guy obviously is out there on the punt, and he gets injured. The odds of that are low, but all of us who have watched sports a long time know it's possible. THAT is why you clinch that first round bye as early as possible like the Colts, so that risk isn't necessary. If Cleveland wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have beat that awful Cincinnati team in week 16. Simple as that.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
You should host Bill O'Reily's show when he decides to retire.

Wouldn't be a bad gig.

I'm just teasing around, but if Donovan McNabb is allowed to crack that NE might not have beat them fair and square then Grossman can too, right? It would have as much basis in reality.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
Exactly. The NFL roster only has 53 players, so you can't just bench key special teams guys. I'm not sure what his name is, but I'm sure Indy has a special teams star like Brendon Ayanbadejo is for the Bears. Let's say the Colts call timeout there, and that guy obviously is out there on the punt, and he gets injured. The odds of that are low, but all of us who have watched sports a long time know it's possible. THAT is why you clinch that first round bye as early as possible like the Colts, so that risk isn't necessary. If Cleveland wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have beat that awful Cincinnati team in week 16. Simple as that.

Let me put this another way, as a Sox fan. If the Sox clinch the division on Sept 20, I'm setting up my rotation to give me the best chance of winning the playoffs and the WS. I'm resting resting players who need rest and playing those guys who have been riding the pine that may need a few at bats to regain their sharpness. I don't give a rats ass who we are playing and how it effects some other teams playoff possibilities. I am looking to win it all and to hell with everybody else and their fans.

And did I say f*** Cleveland?

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
Let me put this another way, as a Sox fan. If the Sox clinch the division on Sept 20, I'm setting up my rotation to give me the best chance of winning the playoffs and the WS. I'm resting resting players who need rest and playing those guys who have been riding the pine that may need a few at bats to regain their sharpness. I don't give a rats ass who we are playing and how it effects some other teams playoff possibilities. I am looking to win it all and to hell with everybody else and their fans.

And did I say f*** Cleveland?

Yeah. And that's exactly what we did the last series against Cleveland in 2005. And we STILL swept them 3 in a row and knocked them out of the playoffs with our backups and minor league players who weren't even on the playoff roster. Cleveland=Pathetic Personified.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
That's all fine and well, but "collusion" is serious business. If the Colts are doing it out of their own concern for their terrible backup QB's health, that's one thing -- but if they're doing it with Jeff Fisher on the line, well, there's something wrong.

This is true. Who gives a s*** if the Colts bench their starters... they earned that right. Who cares if they just want to go home and have no intention of calling a timeout? They earned that right too.

They did not earn the right to give Fisher a call and have the information relayed effect the play that's called on the other end. That's cheating.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
This is true. Who gives a s*** if the Colts bench their starters... they earned that right. Who cares if they just want to go home and have no intention of calling a timeout? They earned that right too.

They did not earn the right to give Fisher a call and have the information relayed effect the play that's called on the other end. That's cheating.

Maybe they were just trying to be classy and accomodating.

Hasselbach gives the Seahawks the lead. At least this is turning into a game and good god is Leron Landry an athlete. Its too bad Manning hasn't been able to develop cause he at least has great speed at the safety position (unfortunately he can't cover for s*** yet or hit like Landry can).

I know one thing, watching the Skins d makes me like the idea of Kenny Phillips (safety out of the U) being an early draft pick.

60 yard return, pending the penalty. I hope to hell it isn't a block. Oh god that is a terrible f***ing call. The Seattle player turned around when the Was player was in the midst of a block. I don't like that call at all, but I understand it is the correct call per the rule books.

That is why Todd Collins isn't an NFL starter and this ends the game. Good lord he had no arm strenght, but i'd also kick the living s*** out of Moss for completely giving up on the play cause that should not have been intercepted, rather a simple incomplete pass.

What a lazy piece of s*** play by Moss. God that is f***ing terrible.

Steelers have a miserable OL, and it's showing yet again. You combine a miserable OL, pathetic DB's, and tons of injuries and you get the entire game placed on Ben's shoulders.

LOL, just got boned on that call. Thanks refs.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Please Jacksonville just put me out of my misery. The Ben of last year is back tonight, yay.

Pittsburgh wants to make it interesting that was a nuts 4 and 12