ESPN: Rob Mackowiak Traded to SD

frankie5angels

It looks like they'll package this prospect along with the return from Boston for Dye and add Contreras to the Marlins for Cabrera.

I think I heard Levine say this. Not sure ....I wasn't listening that closely.

Please don't tell me now that you're being sarcastic

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 12:50 PM)
I have to say this looks a bit weak for a return on Mack.

The Dye move or not making one I get, and the Gooch move I get. This one, though, seems like maybe KW got ripped off.

+1

Especially considering that Mack (who we may need in LF next year) has a reasonably-priced option for next year. I don't like this move at all.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Seems like a Nick Masset type.

yeah except that masset went 18 rounds before link in their respective drafts, masset had solid numbers as a starter at more advanced levels of the minors at the same age, and was actually considered a decent prospect for the rangers....so yeah exactly like masset

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Great, another piece of s*** possible future reliever. I revoke my previous statement. The word "screw" isn't harsh enough. You should actually f*** yourself, KW.

I agree 100%. Mack was worth more than this. I'm not sure KW knows what he is doing anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
It's obvious....for the guys they have no intention of bringing back next year, they're just getting their salaries off the books for the rest of the season.

yeah i agree, but at the same time i think we could have gotten a little more return for them....winston salem is gonna have a helluva pen

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
its cool this is all to make room for Rowand, who may play center and right next year. At the same time.

If KW is bringing in a Rowand-like player to replace Mack, then I don't have a problem with him dumping Mack's salary. But that's a big "if" right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
Were people seriously expecting us to get a good prospect for Mackowiak?

better then John Link. We had no use for trading Mackowiak. Well, now come to think of it, the only benefit we have from trading Mack is freeing up that couple million he would cost us.

Right now, it looks like we have a long 3-5 years ahead of us.

+1

Especially considering that Mack (who we may need in LF next year) has a reasonably-priced option for next year. I don't like this move at all.

Better hope they don't trade Uribe.. otherwise your whole XBOX lineup for 2008 maybe shot.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
The Mackowiak trade saves about $916K this year

does that include the money on the buyout, assuming that since the sox traded him they werent going to pick up his option anyways