Buehrle: Sox aren't going into rebuilding mode

thedoctor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

hmm. that's weird. sun-times site must be having issues because you can't link to the story off their main sports page.

anyhow, the gist of the story is that when he was having discussions with kw around the time he re-signed, buehrle came away with the impression that the sox would be active in the free agent market and intended to load up in the offseason instead of trading guys away.

edit: link is working now.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 07:50 AM)
hmm. that's weird. sun-times site must be having issues because you can't link to the story off their main sports page.

anyhow, the gist of the story is that when he was having discussions with kw around the time he re-signed, buehrle came away with the impression that the sox would be active in the free agent market and intended to load up in the offseason instead of trading guys away.

edit: link is working now.

So the wrap up is that Mark had a "gut feeling". I'd say his perception was a bit off.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:56 AM)
So the wrap up is that Mark had a "gut feeling". I'd say his perception was a bit off.

Says Kenny actually discussed actual players with him that he intends to go after...

This article seems almost too convenient to just "happen" to be written now...

Williams not only let Buehrle know that the organization was prepared to spend some money this winter to get back to a playoff level, but also gave him names of some of the players on the club's wish list

Lets hope this is true

QUOTE(iamshack @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:00 AM)
Says Kenny actually discussed actual players with him that he intends to go after...

This article seems almost too convenient to just "happen" to be written now...

I'm sure Tejada was on that list.

This article, and Jon's "we're still in it, you can't count us out, look at how we're playing..." crapola yesterday seems way too convenient I agree.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
I'm sure Tejada was on that list.

This article, and Jon's "we're still in it, you can't count us out, look at how we're playing..." crapola yesterday seems way too convenient I agree.

And all is well in the land of s***s and giggles, aka the Sox Clubhouse. I luv this team's sense of urgency, now that they're STILL almost 10 games under .500 in August.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:08 AM)
Oh, I'm sure it's true that he said those things. Talk is cheap, like Mark's contract.

At least now KWs feet are in the fire a little bit. Its one thing to speculate that KW is going to be aggressive in the FA market, but now one of his core players is saying that KW has said that he will be pursuing certain players.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:10 AM)
At least now KWs feet are in the fire a little bit. Its one thing to speculate that KW is going to be aggressive in the FA market, but now one of his core players is saying that KW has said that he will be pursuing certain players.

He didn't say he was pursuing anyone. He revealed his wish list.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:26 AM)
:lolhitting

Yea, because this is XBOX games, Chicago White Sox style.

I don't think Kenny is going to do anything close to what has been incinuated by Mark, however saying he has some incredible names on his wish list IMO does not equate to being pessimistic.

Unless pessimistic = realistic dumbed down a few notches.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
I don't think Kenny is going to do anything close to what has been incinuated by Mark, however saying he has some incredible names on his wish list IMO does not equate to being pessimistic.

You? dumbed down? :)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:30 AM)

Sorry, I was reading your earlier comments as being sarcastic.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
Sorry, I was reading your earlier comments as being sarcastic.

I wish I was.

I've accepted that we're stinky and I just have to love it for how it entertains me. It's how I made it during the late 80's and 90's.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Don't make me respond to you in broad lingo... :P

to clarify, to you mean lingo that covers a wide variety of areas, or lingo that, you know, comes from a broad?

:D