Senator Larry Craig convicted of lewd conduct in men's bathroom

Balta1701

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Anybody else read how his daughter was arrested after appearing on national TV to talk about him? yeah, she as a warrant out for her arrest.

[Lib NUKE] HAHAHA!!! EAT s*** YOU CRIMINAL!!! :cheers [/Lib NUKE]

sheahowelllj1.jpg

His daughter had an active warrant? Where did you read that?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I had thought it was a lewd conduct charge the arrived at. It its just disorderly conduct, the threshold is lower. I think he'd have a very hard time overturning that, not even to mention how unusual it is to try to overturn such a thing after voluntarily entering into a plea agreement.

I wonder how much expectation of privacy one has in a public restroom? Not specific to this, but basically in some bathrooms the stalls have no doors (thinking the old Stadium). At a trough, all the dicks are hanging out. I would think there could no expectation of privacy?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
Why are you just beating the abosolute f*** out of this long, stinky, dead-ass horse? You have an infatuation with this whole thing, and it's starting to get scary.

I direct you to the "not specific to this" I also would like to point out that you are continuing to read :lol: so it must be entertaining or in some way attracting your attention. Plus it is one of only two threads that anyone is doing anything with. So start another topic. BTW. my post count is not too far past PA or NSS :P

BTW, if you read closely, NSS72 and Rex have changed my mind. Just be careful that you do not, like for example Wisconsin did a few years back*. accidentally stumble on some gay code and get arrested.

*Wisconsin used an ad line in the early 80s, Wisconsin, You're Among Friends and decided to quickly withdraw the line when it was learned that it was a sort of gay code to identify a gay friendly environment.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
Just curious... is it the law you disagree with?

Yep. If you catch dudes in the act (you hear someone moaning a few stalls over, etc), then that's fine. If there's some kind of verbal offer for sex, then I can definitely understand that too. Playing footsies and staring through a crack in the stall is creepy as hell, no doubt, but I don't see it as an arrestable offense.

Basically, if I were that cop, I'd have let him off with a warning, but that's just me. It's called discretion, as you know; if the police arrested every creep in a public bathroom, the court system would be that much more inefficient.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
Yep. If you catch dudes in the act (you hear someone moaning a few stalls over, etc), then that's fine. If there's some kind of verbal offer for sex, then I can definitely understand that too. Playing footsies and staring through a crack in the stall is creepy as hell, no doubt, but I don't see it as an arrestable offense.

Basically, if I were that cop, I'd have let him off with a warning, but that's just me. It's called discretion, as you know; if the police arrested every creep in a public bathroom, the court system would be that much more inefficient.

OK, I completely understand that. I am kind of on the fence about whether its worth arresting people for some of those things, and I think there is a good chance the cops should have better things to do anyway. But I'd defnitely call the crack-staring and the footsie moves pretty creepy.

Out of curiousity, where would people stand if this story invovled someone assaulting the senator for peaking through the cracks? and by assaulting, I mean punching him right in the face.

if you shouldn't get arrested for being a perv, you shouldn't get arrested for kicking that perv's ass.

just, my humble opinion.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
Out of curiousity, where would people stand if this story invovled someone assaulting the senator for peaking through the cracks? and by assaulting, I mean punching him right in the face.

if you shouldn't get arrested for being a perv, you shouldn't get arrested for kicking that perv's ass.

just, my humble opinion.

Well if I saw someone staring through the crack of the stall I would just be like "Hey buddy, I'm a little busy here, can I help you with something?" Now if that guy whipped out his joint or something, then I would think it is well within my rights to pop him.

Now aside from the fact about the senator and whether it's right or wrong or whatever...

WTF is wrong with the people that are into this? Is there a more disgusting thing than a public restroom? Let alone meeting an absolute total stranger and engaging in sexual activities in one?? Isn't it better to just go to a bar and maybe pick someone you're attracted too? I mean there are some f***ed up things that I have trouble figuring out, and I gotta say..this ranks right up there.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
Out of curiousity, has anyone stopped to wonder why this thread is up over 200 posts or so, and there isn't a thread at all on Hsu?

It has to do with Tex's fascination with dicks.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Well if I saw someone staring through the crack of the stall I would just be like "Hey buddy, I'm a little busy here, can I help you with something?" Now if that guy whipped out his joint or something, then I would think it is well within my rights to pop him.

Now aside from the fact about the senator and whether it's right or wrong or whatever...

WTF is wrong with the people that are into this? Is there a more disgusting thing than a public restroom? Let alone meeting an absolute total stranger and engaging in sexual activities in one?? Isn't it better to just go to a bar and maybe pick someone you're attracted too? I mean there are some f***ed up things that I have trouble figuring out, and I gotta say..this ranks right up there.

I am sure that thought occurred to many of us. I mean, imagining a co-ed facility like in Europe, in an airport... I somehow doubt if you played this game that you'd end up in a stall with someone who looked like the lady in your sig, ya know? Not even to mention how disgusting the place is.

But as Rex mentioned, some people are apparently really desperate to keep things secret, so they prefer entirely anonymous encounters.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
Out of curiousity, has anyone stopped to wonder why this thread is up over 200 posts or so, and there isn't a thread at all on Hsu?

That Hsu thing is weird. I don't even understand it. Sounds like the kinda person they should throw the book at though. Lots of Campaign Finance mishaps going on. Romney's Campaign Finance Chair got indicted this week too.Link. The Club for Growth got pinched for a 350K FEC fine, and 11 Public Officials in NJ were arrested for bribery.

Busy week for political cops.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
That Hsu thing is weird. I don't even understand it. Sounds like the kinda person they should throw the book at though. Lots of Campaign Finance mishaps going on. Romney's Campaign Finance Chair got indicted this week too.Link. The Club for Growth got pinched for a 350K FEC fine, and 11 Public Officials in NJ were arrested for bribery.

Busy week for political cops.

Another reason I am beginning to think public financing is better.

And sure enough, Senator Craig has filed to withdraw the plea. Again, this is a legal manuever that very rarely succeeds. And I don't see how he can convince the judge that he was somehow a victim of panic or intimidation, when there was a month and a half between the arrest and his plea adjudication. This dude is just making life difficult for everyone around him at this point.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
And sure enough, Senator Craig has filed to withdraw the plea. Again, this is a legal manuever that very rarely succeeds. And I don't see how he can convince the judge that he was somehow a victim of panic or intimidation, when there was a month and a half between the arrest and his plea adjudication. This dude is just making life difficult for everyone around him at this point.

This clown just needs to quit right this second so a real Republican can have the proper time to campaign for and win the seat. What a disgrace.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
This clown just needs to quit right this second so a real Republican can have the proper time to campaign for and win the seat. What a disgrace.

Why do you say he isn't a "real Republican"?

QUOTE(NUKE @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)
Trolling for sex in a mens room? That doesn't sound like behavior consistent with a party that champions family values does it?

No. So does Rudy G.'s marrriage record make him not a real Republican?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
No. So does Rudy G.'s marrriage record make him not a real Republican?

Im not a moralist by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think having a bad time with marriage ( lots of people do ) and lewd public conduct are even on the same planet.