Sox vs. Texas Aug.28/07

ottawa_sox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Surely they have no choice. Bringing him back and chancing this much ineptitude for a second year in a row would be too embarrassing.

One thing that will improve next season is the back up catcher. This may be a major league record for ineptness. Even if Hall is brought back, there is no way he will be as bad as this season. To think AJ was worried about his playing time being cut into.

Edited by Dick Allen

Another loss, the 8th inning offensive ineptitude was the killer. Not a great outing by Gavin Floyd but he certainly wasn't horrible.

Take a look at the offensive production minus Konerko, Thome and Dye. That's 6 free innings for the Rangers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
I hope they don't feel like overspending on Hunter is going to solve the other 10 holes or so they have.

I was reading an old article when Beltran signed with the Mets. Houston offerred him a ton, but a limited no trade which killed the deal. The Mets offered a full no trade. The same will happen with Hunter, so you don't have to worry about him being with the White Sox. It is strange the White Sox will trade for someone with a no trade, Jim Thome, but won't give one to anyone.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
Take a look at the offensive production minus Konerko, Thome and Dye. That's 6 free innings for the Rangers.

Look at the line-up other than those guys. Besides Fields hitting a homer every now and then, there is absolutely nothing there.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
worst team in baseball, and nobody's getting fired

They still have some good talent. Right now they are fielding as many as 4 position players out of 9 that don't even rate as passable fringe talent. Fill in some of those holes with real talent and the team would improve dramatically. Gonzalez, Hall, Richar (his time might come, but he's not ready just yet) and Uribe are pretty much a joke. It could be worse. I would rather have B grade and F grade players than just C-, if you catch my drift. Injuries are a big part of the current mess. The importance of winning now is non-existent. It makes more sense to just check out some of the players in their system to help them properly re-load in the off season. As some posters have pointed out, bring back Crede, grab Rowand or Hunter. Try to acquire Furcal or something else that is not overweight and coachable and they may turn things around nicely.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
One thing that will improve next season is the back up catcher. This may be a major league record for ineptness. Even if Hall is brought back, there is no way he will be as bad as this season. To think AJ was worried about his playing time being cut into.

people may act like this is a small deal, but you are right...backup catcher is a bigger deal than people think...we have exactly 2 RBIs from the backup catcher spot....molina had 1 in his first plate appearance in game 1 this year with a sac fly....2 RBIs is pathetic for a position that plays at least once a week

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
They still have some good talent. Right now they are fielding as many as 4 position players out of 9 that don't even rate as passable fringe talent. Fill in some of those holes with real talent and the team would improve dramatically. Gonzalez, Hall, Richar (his time might come, but he's not ready just yet) and Uribe are pretty much a joke. It could be worse. I would rather have B grade and F grade players than just C-, if you catch my drift. Injuries are a big part of the current mess. The importance of winning now is non-existent. It makes more sense to just check out some of the players in their system to help them properly re-load in the off season. As some posters have pointed out, bring back Crede, grab Rowand or Hunter. Try to acquire Furcal or something else that is not overweight and coachable and they may turn things around nicely.

its extremely frustrating to me to see teams who fill their spots in LF and the bench with guys like frank cattalanato and bobby kielty who are solid role players while the sox seem willing to pay 10 mil for a SP, they dont seem to want to pay 2-5 for role type players like that and instead go with guys who are either wash ups like erstad, or internally with scrubs like andy gonzalez