Sox vs. Texas Aug.28/07

ottawa_sox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
Floyd's release point almost makes me vomit. It looks like it's so easy to pick up out of his hand.

For me ..... no WGN ....... no visuals. He comes straight over the top, doesn't he? You would think this would help him be deceptive, given a reasonable skill at changing speeds. What is it about his release that is makes him easy to pick up?

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
For me ..... no WGN ....... no visuals. He comes straight over the top, doesn't he? You would think this would help him be deceptive, given a reasonable skill at changing speeds. What is it about his release that is makes him easy to pick up?

He just seems to have the ball in the hitter's view the entire time. I know they talked about changing his mechanics during ST....it's still damn ugly.

This doesn't seem fair. They took out their crappy pitcher. Wouldn't it be nice if we could combine both rosters, since their shortstop hits 3rd and their centerfielder hits 4th ......... of course, the pitching would still have some holes. :D

Gavin's problem with allowing HRs is that he throws his sinker between the belt and letters of the hitter. He'd pitch a lot better if he kept it down. He hasn't pitched that awful today, he's been decent. Granted, it is against one of the only teams that are as bad as us.