Sox vs. Texas Aug.28/07

ottawa_sox

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Gavin's problem with allowing HRs is that he throws his sinker between the belt and letters of the hitter. He'd pitch a lot better if he kept it down. He hasn't pitched that awful today, he's been decent. Granted, it is against one of the only teams that are as bad as us.

That makes more than one starter on this club that is struggling to keep it down. On the surface, you would think this particular problem is fixable.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
Gavin with a quality start.

6 IP 6 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 4 SO

Somewhere in Chicago, Greg is estatic.

Combine that with the Braves losing, and it was as bad of a night for him as it was for anti-Cubs fans.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Did anyone actually watch? How did he look?

Besides the rolling curve he gave to Byrd for a two run shot and the error he made on a routine DP ball, he actually looked pretty good out there. Made good pitches used his secondary pitchers waaaaaay more than his last start and of course the results showed.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Kinsler's homer was on a very good inside riding fastball, he was apparently sitting on the pitch somehow.

Yea that's why I didnt even mention the solo shot. Kinsler is just a good hitter. He had a plan up there and it showed when he turned on that inside fastball. It was a good pitch, he just got beat on it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
So, I think I just heard the most depressing comment of the year: the Sox have Gonzalez, Hall, and Erstad to try and tie the game in the 9th.

That's so bad, they will probably score. Has any position player ever had a worse year than Toby Hall, offensively and defensively? He has to be the worst position player in the majors at this time.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 03:11 AM)
That's so bad, they will probably score. Has any position player ever had a worse year than Toby Hall, offensively and defensively? He has to be the worst position player in the majors at this time.

Nope, he's been absolutely worthless in every possible way.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)

And if I heard correctly yesterday, OMIT was recalled by the Tigers. :lolhitting

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
Nope, he's been absolutely worthless in every possible way.

I hope for his sake its because of his injury. Molina was one of the worst hitters I've ever seen, but at least he could catch a little. Back up White Sox catchers have 2 RBI this year. That is incredible.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
I just wonder if Hall will finish up with more walks than RBI's. Right now he's sitting on 1 for each category.

He has twice as many passed balls as walks and RBI combined. Molina had a walk and an RBI, so the back up catchers have 2 BB and 2 RBI on the season.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 03:14 AM)
I hope for his sake its because of his injury. Molina was one of the worst hitters I've ever seen, but at least he could catch a little. Back up White Sox catchers have 2 RBI this year. That is incredible.

Molina looked like 5 times the hitter Hall's been this year. I'd rather they just release him this offseason.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
Aren't they paying him next year? They should have just let him have the surgery.

Just eat the money, and go find someone who can contribute. It's probably too late for him to have surgery and be ready for ST.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
Molina looked like 5 times the hitter Hall's been this year. I'd rather they just release him this offseason.

Surely they have no choice. Bringing him back and chancing this much ineptitude for a second year in a row would be too embarrassing.