Torres 3 IP, 4 K, H

Oneli IP, K, H

Hernandez IP, H

Winston-Salem won 4-1 in 10 despite 19 Ks for the offense

Omogrosso 6 IP, 1 R, 5 K, 4 BB, 2 hits

Kanny lost 11-5, snapping a 7 game winning streak

Gilbert 2-3, 2 RBI, R, BB

Cruz 2-3, 3-run HR, BB

Killian 1-3, K (hitting .281 with Kanny, looking like a decent pickup. He hasn't walked with the I's and has shown little power, but he's a former 3rd rounder that plays catcher and is only 21. There is some potential there.)

Great Falls won 10-4

7 guys with multi hit days including 3 each from Paiml and Estill. I didn't see a mention elsewhere but they clinched the 2nd half division title yesterday.

Ely 5 IP, 1 R, 3 K, 0 BB, 4 hits

Juan Moreno was named pitcher of the year in the league.

Salvador Sanchez joined him on the postseason all-star team.

Chris Cron was named manager of the year with the team holding the league's best overall record.

Yeah they have been good this season Great Falls.

Still there's players such as Poreda and Salvador Sanchez who really should be dominating in that league (and they have).

Not Kyle McCullogh's best outing tonight only going 2 innings.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Couldn't agree more. It was a horrid selection. Than again the guy I wanted from that draft isn't looking too hot either.

Who was that?.... I recall you being a big Ian Kennedy fan, but that was before the poor '06... (I thought Kennedy would be the best available for the Sox at the end of the first round thanks to his poor season, but he didn't slip, so I didn't have much of an opinion at the time.)

This year I was in a similar boat. Two guys who I thought would be there -- Alderson, I liked him because he reminded me of the type of pitcher the Twins would draft, and LaPorta -- weren't. Though, Poreda looks like a first rounder should against rookie level talent.

This next draft for the Sox is going to be the biggest one in the past twenty years probably. We will have a top 5 pick and possibly second or even first. If we don't get a perennial all-star, then well I dont know what I will do. But the sad thing is this front office may already be blown up before we can determine if that draftee was a bust or not. But top 5 pick, we need an impact player in the biggest way, hopefully a bat (Pedro Alvarez, can i dream?)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
Yeah they have been good this season Great Falls.

Still there's players such as Poreda and Salvador Sanchez who really should be dominating in that league (and they have).

Not Kyle McCullogh's best outing tonight only going 2 innings.

McCulloch threw over 60 pitches in those two innings

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
Charlotte lost 8-1 with just 4 hits

Masset 5 IP, 3 R, 6 K, 0 BB, 6 hits

Barons lost 7-3

McCulloch 2 IP, 3 R, 2 K, 3 BB, 4 hits

Torres 3 IP, 4 K, H

Oneli IP, K, H

Hernandez IP, H

Winston-Salem won 4-1 in 10 despite 19 Ks for the offense

Omogrosso 6 IP, 1 R, 5 K, 4 BB, 2 hits

Kanny lost 11-5, snapping a 7 game winning streak

Gilbert 2-3, 2 RBI, R, BB

Cruz 2-3, 3-run HR, BB

Killian 1-3, K (hitting .281 with Kanny, looking like a decent pickup. He hasn't walked with the I's and has shown little power, but he's a former 3rd rounder that plays catcher and is only 21. There is some potential there.)

Great Falls won 10-4

7 guys with multi hit days including 3 each from Paiml and Estill. I didn't see a mention elsewhere but they clinched the 2nd half division title yesterday.

Ely 5 IP, 1 R, 3 K, 0 BB, 4 hits

Juan Moreno was named pitcher of the year in the league.

Salvador Sanchez joined him on the postseason all-star team.

Chris Cron was named manager of the year with the team holding the league's best overall record.

Funny thing is, Chris Cron didn't do much more than pick his nose as Barons manager last year and they only got 59 wins. Everybody hated him.