Sox vs. Tigers

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
And give me a break. No one cares who you criticize - its that you criticize non-existent or marginal things to justify your already-existing biases, even when the current evidence is to the contrary. Is that more clear for you?

No, he's just providing some fantastic pitching analysis. You can't see that he only throws one good curveball for every 20 he tosses to the plate?

No biases, just superb pitching analysis, tiger.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
No, he's just providing some fantastic pitching analysis. You can't see that he only throws one good curveball for every 20 he tosses to the plate?

No biases, just superb pitching analysis, tiger.

You three are really cute. I'll take your criticisms to heart when you can comprehend what player I'm criticizing at what point in time.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
It makes me sad you are counting fly ball outs as HR, for a White Sox pitcher. Think about that.

1. Aren't you rooting for the Sox to lose every game and get the number one pick?

2. I didn't count them as homeruns. They count as long outs. Guess I should give more credit to Floyd. He's got quite the "Warning Track in Comerica, Fifth row anywhere else" pitch working.

Great catch by Timo...who is also quite terrible.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
I'll take your criticisms to heart when you can comprehend what player I'm criticizing at what point in time.

And I'll take your deep and heavy pitching analysis to heart when you learn what a curveball is, or what a HoF pitcher is.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
My bias is the same as yours but from a different angle. You are merely looking at the final line and not the way he is throwing. There is nobody credible who will look at this game and see that Floyd has turned any sort of corner.

It's "analysis" like what you're giving that leads us to Nick Masset and Gavin Floyd because of how they pitch in Mexico and Arizona.

This has not been a well-pitched game. And yes, deep deep deep shots in Comerica park are bombs that don't go all the way out and he's lucky that's where they are.

Nobody credible, huh? I guess all of us who see 5 innings of 1-run ball as good must not be credible.

I give. You're right. His 1-run, 5 inning effort is just as bad as his 5-run, 1 inning effort. No difference at all. 1 good curveball in 20. How could the rest of us not see that? Thank you for teaching us cute little baseball fans how it works.

Enjoy your thread.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
And I'll take your deep and heavy pitching analysis to heart when you learn what a curveball is, or what a HoF pitcher is.

Buy a better jersey than a Borchard jersey and then we'll talk. Since you want to take cheapshots because, of course, you've got all the VORP in the world and you need it to stop me being mean to Big Daddy Gavvy.

Besides that, you're telling me I don't know what a curveball is because a flat, rolling breaking pitch clearly overthrown and unfinished was, what I thought, an overthrown mis-executed curveball or changeup? I'm glad you know exactly what Floyd was throwing because all it looked like was a flat, poorly executed pitch adn it's hard to say what it was. s***, man. That's silly.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
Nobody credible, huh? I guess all of us who see 5 innings of 1-run ball as good must not be credible.

I give. You're right. His 1-run, 5 inning effort is just as bad as his 5-run, 1 inning effort. No difference at all. 1 good curveball in 20. How could the rest of us not see that? Thank you for teaching us cute little baseball fans how it works.

Enjoy your thread.

No, you're not anymore credible than I or Keith or Tony or Tito or fathom or wide-stance gal. Okay, maybe wide-stance gal. I give! :D (The point is that I'm not and nobody else here is, either, and nobody necessarily in baseball is, either. It's all subjective and not definitive.)

What I'm saying is, I really, really doubt there are scouts from any organization watching Gavin "manhandle" this terrible Tigers lineup as he's done and saying, "Oh, how good." Just because you get good results one night doesn't mean you've pitched particularly well.

Edited by Gregory Pratt