Al Gore: Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Texsox

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
If William Henry Harrison's inauguration speech had been shorter...9/11 would never have happened!

BS! It would have still happened! Now, If Thomas Hart Benson doesn't shoot Andrew Jackson in that duel....then probably no 911.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few thoughts.

Hindsight is always better. Sometimes the choice is between two evils. We're all humans. Reagan was perfect for the time, and Dems and Reps voted him in, twice, by wide margins. It all looked good. Momma Hitler has a headache one evening, and tens of thousands of people are alive today.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)

Interesting. I'd be curious to see what explanation he has for the CO2 levels being multiple standard deviations from what they have been in hundreds of thousands of years. If he can offer an explanation as to what else has caused such an outlying spike, I'd love to hear it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Interesting. I'd be curious to see what explanation he has for the CO2 levels being multiple standard deviations from what they have been in hundreds of thousands of years. If he can offer an explanation as to what else has caused such an outlying spike, I'd love to hear it.

You know what I found interesting? Every year for the past couple years, when those "number of hurricane predictions" are made, if they're inaccurate, I keep winding up hearing people cite that as evidence that these kooky scientists have no idea what they're talking about with this anthropogenic climate change stuff. Like last year, where the prediction was for a high number again following Katrina's year, then it turned out to be an El Nino year, and somehow that hurricane prediction being wrong proved science isn't there yet. And yet, if that's the guy making the most public predictions as the article claims...

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)

That is, without doubt, the most useful link I've ever seen.

Not for the substance of the article, which is horses***. But otherwise I never would have found a link to this story:

NZ women most promiscuous: survey

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 05:29 PM)
You know what I found interesting? Every year for the past couple years, when those "number of hurricane predictions" are made, if they're inaccurate, I keep winding up hearing people cite that as evidence that these kooky scientists have no idea what they're talking about with this anthropogenic climate change stuff. Like last year, where the prediction was for a high number again following Katrina's year, then it turned out to be an El Nino year, and somehow that hurricane prediction being wrong proved science isn't there yet. And yet, if that's the guy making the most public predictions as the article claims...

Eh, I don't think hurricane predictions should be looked at as anything other than gambling with a wee bit of science to it. I think meteorology is fascinating, and there is plenty of scientific study to be had... but to predict an exact number of hurricanes in a given year, to me, is just not something that looks very scientific. It looks like educated guessing. And further, I don't think the number of hurricanes should be looked at one way or another as to potential climate change. Its just too volatile and too statistically deviant to be reliable. numbers are too small.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)

i would imagine he would attribute the large increases on man made carbon releases. but then he would probably say that it's not the main cause of the warming. just a guess.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Al Gore posted a bunch of videos regarding issues on his Current TV website.

Could this be the beginning of Gore 08?

Can Al Gore do anything between now and Super Tuesday that will not be viewed instantly as a sign of him getting into the race?

"Al Gore has regrown his beard. Does he want to return to the 1800's tradition of Bearded Presidents?"

"Al Gore has lost weight. Could this be a sign he's ready to declare?"

"Al Gore killed and drank the blood of a puppy. Could this now mean he's interested in the position of Senate Majority Leader instead of President?"

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
I think there's a big difference between posting viral videos about Presidential Campaign issues and growing a beard.

There might be something to this, IMO.

Yep, the public will talk about his beard and pundits will debate if it makes him more electable :angry: I hate the people who vote in this country.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Yep, the public will talk about his beard and pundits will debate if it makes him more electable :angry: I hate the people who vote in this country.

^^^^^

racist anti-beardist!

and yes, I am saying people with beards are a completely different race.