Predict where A-Rod will be playing in 2008

gosox41

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
I don't believe there is any chance that he ends up with the Yankees. I say it's LA, LAA or Red Sox.

I think there is always a chance with the Yankees. He was thisclose to being a Red Sox last time, I think this WS victory releives any pressure from the fans to sign him, dropping the Red Sox down, so I'd guess he'll be playing on or around LA or Chicago.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
Scary rumor I just heard that ARod to the Tigers might be the most likely situation of all. Boras and Leyland are very close friends.

Crap. Forgot about them.

Or wait a minute. Could this be a story planted by Boras to get the Sox involved in the bidding? I love Boras for this. :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
Scary rumor I just heard that ARod to the Tigers might be the most likely situation of all. Boras and Leyland are very close friends.

So who do they move? Inge or Guillen? or DH one of them or A-Rod? 'Cause I'd love to see Guillen for the Sox at SS.

Seperate thought... I'm giving the Sox about a 5% chance of landing A-Rod. Everyone else seems to think its zero percent.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 11:37 AM)
So who do they move? Inge or Guillen? or DH one of them or A-Rod? 'Cause I'd love to see Guillen for the Sox at SS.

Seperate thought... I'm giving the Sox about a 5% chance of landing A-Rod. Everyone else seems to think its zero percent.

Guillen moves to 1st in that scenario. They've been wanting to do that anyway.

i really believe the white sox or tigers are very likely destinations....the sox are going to have to fill in thome's spot in the order and production at the end of the year, and will likely get garland off the books at the end of this year (if not sooner).....its my belief that KW is going to try to fill the rotation with the young pitching acquisitions of the last year....even contreras is another 10 mil off the books if we can find a taker....either way thome + garland is 20 mil off of 2009s payroll....we may have to be paying heavily for 08, but it will come back to earth in 09 especially if gio or egbert or broadway or floyd or someone (maybe even someone who we have still yet to acquire) returns...

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
I'd put my money on LA or LAA. I'd love to see him go the Dodgers. Does Torre and Mattinlgly being there make a diference to ARod ? Is this part of the Dodgers big plan ?

I thought the Dodgers were pissed @ Boras about the JD Drew fiasco. I'm surprised they'd want to deal with him again for such a big player.

Bob

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
I really want ARod on the Marlins. It would be really sticking it to the Yankees. The Marlins get $30 million a year in revenue sharing, most from the Yankees. It would be like the Yankees were still paying him.

If the deal could be short, it would almost be plausible. But the Marlins aren't going to go 7+ years at $30+ mil.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I really want ARod on the Marlins. It would be really sticking it to the Yankees. The Marlins get $30 million a year in revenue sharing, most from the Yankees. It would be like the Yankees were still paying him.

and then trade Miguel Cabrera for a hell of a package of prospects

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
In hindsight, I'm not sure they're complaining.

Maybe not, but at the time the Dodgers were pissed that Boras did what he did. One would think it would be bad busniess for Boras to go pissing off the teams he negotiates with like that. It may have worked out, but do the Dodgers want to do business with a guy like that again? I know I wouldn't if I had gotten screwed over. And it's not even all about Drew opting out. It's the fact that it came as a complete shock to the Dodgers. I would think that would piss them off more, the fact that it happened without warning. Drew had the legal right to break the contract.

Bob

It was speculated that Boras tampered with the J.D. Drew deal although the Dodgers never pursued that end. Then there was the grievance the Players' Union filed over Tony Abreu's demotion coinciding with an abdominal injury that Boras claimed was enough to DL him. The demotion cost Abreu major league pay.

I'd say Slappy McBluelips ends up in Anaheim, and I'd love to see him get less money and fewer years than what Boras thinks he can get.

I haven't heard anyone suggest that he may go to St. Louis. They are in need of some offense and Eckstein is a FA to be. Can you imagine the two best hitters in baseball back to back? Rodriguez-Pujols, yikes. Of course they would probably need additional offense so they can get someone on base to drive in. But I feel like the Cards could be a real possibility.