KW

Soxfest

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rockren @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
I thought about that as well and that could very well be the case.

However, I feel Fields would rank above any of those players at 3B. If they didn't agree, Fields would be a LF candidate to replace Crawman as well.

Possible... but I don't think it's likely. They have the worst bullpen in all of baseball. Picture our bullpen without Jenks or Thornton... that kind of bad. So, I'm pretty sure that quality pitching would win out over in an effort to get Crawford.

Besides, we (WhiteSox fans) value Fields higher than other teams do.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
That is no slam at all; I actually find Roberts to be more valuable, being a 2Bman and all.

You underrate Roberts and overrate Crawford. Just compare them, please.

Didn't realize Roberts stole 50 bases last year. Roberts also has a much better BB/K ratio than does Crawman.

However, Crawford is 4 years younger than is Roberts and IMO a much much higher ceiling.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Roberts had a .377 OBP last season, stole 50 bases and was caught 7 times. In 2005 he posted a .902 OPS.

Roberts is not the player he was in 2005. He had a ridiculous first half, and returned back to normal in the second half. He's 30, and probably the player you see today. .750-800 OPS. Good, but Crawford's the better player.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(scenario @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:11 PM)
Besides, we (WhiteSox fans) value Fields higher than other teams do.

My guess is because he was the only recent highly touted prospect we've had to hold his head above water at the Major League level in his initial stint with the club.

However he shows awesome power and is a great athlete. I do like Fields, but he looks like an Adam Dunn to me at this point.

QUOTE(rockren @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
My guess is because he was the only recent highly touted prospect we've had to hold his head above water at the Major League level in his initial stint with the club.

However he shows awesome power and is a great athlete. I do like Fields, but he looks like an Adam Dunn to me at this point.

What's wrong with Adam Dunn? I pray Fields turns out to be as good a hitter as Dunn.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
What's wrong with Adam Dunn? I pray Fields turns out to be as good a hitter as Dunn.

I suppose Dunn would be king around here because of his OBP.

What I don't like about Dunn is that he's not a complete player. He's a guess hitter and a porous defender. Teams are scared to Christ to pitch to him, of course, but a player like Dunn frustrates because I don't think he's come close to living up to his talent.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
What the hell do you want from the man? 40-100-100 every season. .925+ OPS. He's a beast. He destroys RHP to the tune of 1.000+ OPS. Fields will never be Adam Dunn though. Fields will never walk as much as Dunn, that's for sure.

I have friends in Cincinnati that claim Dunn to be a huge rally killer. Since he's been the bigs he's struck out 170 times a year to the tune of a career .248 BA.

He's as exciting as it gets at times, but he's the type of guy you'd rather watch play on someone else's team IMO.

QUOTE(rockren @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
I have friends in Cincinnati that claim Dunn to be a huge rally killer. Since he's been the bigs he's struck out 170 times a year to the tune of a career .248 BA.

He's as exciting as it gets at times, but he's the type of guy you'd rather watch play on someone else's team IMO.

Rally killer?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Roberts had a .377 OBP last season, stole 50 bases and was caught 7 times. In 2005 he posted a .902 OPS.

Yeah I have to say, he's a guy I would love to see acquired if possible. But I don't see it happening. I doubt the O's would even consider moving him, unless they got a blockbuster offer.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
Please explain the one-trick pony part

Actually he's a two-trick pony - he can field and he can hit.

And he can perform both tricks without ending up on the DL as a result of things like swinging the bat or doing stretching exercises on his day off.

In other words, there's no way we're going to get him because it would require a major change in our philosophy of picking left/center fielders.

Edited by scenario

Bruce Levine reports from GM meetings that White Sox have made Torii Hunter their #1 priority.

This means either that:

1) This info was disseminated to Levine in order to help negotiations in acquiring a different CF (Rowand, Damon, Crisp, Jones, Cameron).

or

2) Getting Torii Hunter is their #1 priority.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Bruce Levine reports from GM meetings that White Sox have made Torii Hunter their #1 priority.

This means either that:

1) This info was disseminated to Levine in order to help negotiations in acquiring a different CF (Rowand, Damon, Crisp, Jones, Cameron).

or

Start sarcasm..................NOW!

So, either they will sign him or they won't sign him...is that what you are saying?

/sarcasm

:lol:

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)

This means either that:

or

As usual I am going to take a firm stance on these rumors. I feel strongly that there is at 50/50 chance something might happen :P :ph34r:

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)

This means either that:

or

Nothing really new with the Chicago Tribune also reporting this last week. I think they are going to hard after him, but within limits since I don't think view Aaron Rowand as a bad 2nd option.