Pet peeves....

Steff

Alex Rodriguez

People comparing what Vick did to hunting

Prepaying for gas

Being asked to pull around and wait for your order at a drive through

When people let their dog s*** in my yard and pretend to pick it up with a bag

When people who have a job that is mainly dependent on communicating and they dont speak english

Call centers in India

Myspace celebrities and the reality shows that follow (actually reality shows in general)

People that baby talk with their dogs

Text messaging while driving

Cheap people that will never pick up a tab, and religiously break down what everyone owes on a bill no matter what it is

Flying standby

Humidity

Poker on tv (especially B list celebrities playing poker)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
The people on 290 East that get off on Manheim to do the Manheim trick, and stay in the exit and merge right back on to avoid the traffic, in essence creating the traffic jam.

It saves me 10-15 minutes every time, best trick in the book.

BTW, it seems you've turned this into a 'things you hate' list, not necessarily pet peeves.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
It saves me 10-15 minutes every time, best trick in the book.

BTW, it seems you've turned this into a 'things you hate' list, not necessarily pet peeves.

Lol, no it doesnt save you any time. Its people that do that who are creating the traffic. A guy can have a lot of pet peeves...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
It most definitely saves me time. You bypass a ton of bumper to bumper traffic and it takes 2 minutes to get back in. Hell if it didn't save any time, why would anyone ever do it?

Obviously it saves time lol, but Id rather be part of the solution then the problem. What kind of person would I be if I committed my own pet peeves? Whats worse is I might be giving people ideas.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
It most definitely saves me time. You bypass a ton of bumper to bumper traffic and it takes 2 minutes to get back in. Hell if it didn't save any time, why would anyone ever do it?

Cause they are jerkoffs. :P

I'll build off that left hand turn deal.

People who are slow off the line suck. I'm not talking burning rubber, but way too often the first car in the left hand turn lane takes 2-3 seconds to even begin to move, causing 2-3 cars well behind him to miss the light. Anticipate the light and start moving. Oh and people who still stop on a red light with a green arrow (while turning right) suck.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)

People who are slow off the line suck. I'm not talking burning rubber, but way too often the first car in the left hand turn lane takes 2-3 seconds to even begin to move, causing 2-3 cars well behind him to miss the light. Anticipate the line and start moving. Oh and people who still stop on a red light with a green arrow (while turning right) suck.

I think I can eliminate my lists and sum it up simply, you are the epitome of my pet peeve lol

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)

People who are slow off the line suck. I'm not talking burning rubber, but way too often the first car in the left hand turn lane takes 2-3 seconds to even begin to move, causing 2-3 cars well behind him to miss the light. Anticipate the light and start moving. Oh and people who still stop on a red light with a green arrow (while turning right) suck.

Well, this also could be karma. This could be the universe getting even with you, for every time you jam up traffic on 290 with the Manheim trick it adds a few seconds on to peoples off the line time.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 06:00 AM)
People who start a pet peeves thread on a message board. :ph34r: :lol:

"THAT WAS EASY" - Circuit City Stupid button ™

:D

People that don't know the difference between Cicuit City™ - Electronics store and Staples™ - Office supply store.

Now, "THAT WAS EASY"

:P

Since I've been travelling, I'll break out the air travel pet peeves...

People who just stop in the middle of a busy airport walkway (usually while wheeling around a giant bag), thus causing everyone to walk into each other

People who board ahead of their group number

People who need 6 bins to get all their stuff through security (exception - parents with small children, which I imagine must be a royal pain to deal with)

---

Not a pet peeve, but a funny - I watched someone recently who not only walked through the metal detector with her cell phone, but walked through while still speaking on it. Then looked surprised when it went off. The fact that she looked like the poster child for Valley Girl made it slightly funnier.