Forget about Lidle

Mike South24

Forgot to post that it won't be long until someone else posts similar topics saying Colon, Moyer, Glavine, Maddux, etc, sign deals with teams other than the White Sox. We need to stop deluding ourselves..... JR and KW have no intention of bettering this team in the offseason. JR is going to try to catch lightning in a bottle again..... just like he did in 2000. :puke

what i make out of this is that we could have had cory lidle for mark johnson or even less...maybe josh paul...but it looks like 4 million dollars was too much to take on...gonna be a long year..if we refuse to add 4 mil to the budget then anyone we get wont be of any help...and people wonder why im boycotting comiskey:huh

Originally posted by Mike South24

He's been traded to Toranto according to ESPN for 2 minor leaguers.:puke

Looks like another s***ty year ahead.Please,God,let there be a reason to be a weekend season ticket holder this year,outside of the All Star Game.

Can we all agree that Steve Harvey lookalike b**** Kenny Williams couldn't make a deal if his name was Monty Hall??

(Monty Hall used to host a Game show called "Let's Make A Deal" in the 60's and 70's).:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahhh and you guys doubted me when i said we werent going to get anything good in any deals here..... geez i told yous once that my crystal ball doesnt lie.... when do yous start believing me..........geez...........lol:**** kenny williams

WHOA! Hey guys, I think KW blew it again but you people are talking about it like its the end of the world! This is Cory Lidle, not Bartolo Colon or Greg Maddux. Lidle was 8-10 this year and hes already 30 with only 33 career wins. We missed out but it aint that bad. It is likely that KW will make only one major trade this offseason (like major as in the David Wells trade, he will probably make several minor importance Osuna trades) and if he does that, Id much prefer that he grab Colon or Vasquez, not Lidle.

The concern is, if KW can't seal the deal on minor trades involving people he doesn't mind parting with, how will he ever trade anyone that he DOESN'T want to see leave? The Sox only seem to trade impending FA's, minor leaguers or injured players. You're NOT getting The Big Colon or Vasquez for a package of rejects.

Originally posted by baggio202

what i make out of this is that we could have had cory lidle for mark johnson or even less...maybe josh paul...but it looks like 4 million dollars was too much to take on...gonna be a long year..if we refuse to add 4 mil to the budget then anyone we get  wont be of any help...and people wonder why im boycotting comiskey:huh

I think Baggs is right or it could be that Beane would rather trade Lidle to a team like the Blue Jays who won't be competiting for anything next year. If he deals him to the Sox, they could end up meeting in the playoffs and you never know what happens.

I don't know if Gm's really think about this much, but if a similar offer is on the table from two teams, I'd rather give him to the crappier one.

I'm not gonna get all pissed off yet, I still have to be patient and see what comes next.

If KW still wants Lidle, could probably get him. The Blue Jay's bullpen isn't the best, and could use some improvement. We have got a ton of pitchers in the minor leagues that are pretty good relief pitchers. We could trade Majewski and Munoz to Toronto for him. Toronto would get getting 2 pretty good young pitchers in return and we would be getting Lidle, along with his salary.

I'm not sure this move would get him over here. However, he could do something like this IF he wanted to. I'm sure he isn't unavailable now that he is in Toronto.

Well, thats a great point. Whose to say the Jays won't just swing around another deal and try to get something they need, which definately could be relief. Of course they have said they wanted a veteran starter to go along with Holliday so I'd assume he would stay their. Only problem is, the Jays don't really want salary.

Could they do what the Marlins did, take on salary really quick only to flip it?

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

ahhh and you guys doubted me when i said we werent going to get anything good in any deals here..... geez i told yous once that my crystal ball doesnt lie.... when do yous start believing me..........geez...........lol:**** kenny williams

Don't start hogging all the credit now HSC. I've been saying for some time now (2002 season's end) that JR an KW have no real intention of bettering this team. :mad: The only way it will happen is if KW can get a Colon-esque pitcher very cheap.

Originally posted by theoldroman

WHOA! Hey guys, I think KW blew it again but you people are talking about it like its the end of the world! This is Cory Lidle, not Bartolo Colon or Greg Maddux. Lidle was 8-10 this year and hes already 30 with only 33 career wins. We missed out but it aint that bad. It is likely that KW will make only one major trade this offseason (like major as in the David Wells trade, he will probably make several minor importance Osuna trades) and if he does that, Id much prefer that he grab Colon or Vasquez, not Lidle.

At the rate a KW trade, Todd Ritchie, is going..... 33 wins is 5+ seasons worth. Yeah, Lidle wasn't the gem everybody was praying to land, but he showed sparks of genius this season (Lidle threw a one-hitter in the second half). I'd rather have a rotation of MB, Lidle, JG, DW, and Rauch or Biddle or add a name here for your number 5 pitcher than MB, Ritchie, JG, DW, and Rauch et al. :mad:

I for some reason thought he threw two one-hitters this year, or he atleast threw one one-hitter and took another one deep...all I know is that in one of his one-hitters it was against the Rangers and that that one hit was the only base runner he allowed all game.

He can be a damn good pitcher when he's healthy.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

I for some reason thought he threw two one-hitters this year, or he atleast threw one one-hitter and took another one deep...all I know is that in one of his one-hitters it was against the Rangers and that that one hit was the only base runner he allowed all game.

He can be a damn good pitcher when he's healthy.

He may have. I'm not completely sure because I don't follow the A's. The game to which I was referring to was shown on ESPN..... that's why I can remember it. And, I want to say it was against the Yankees..... but I'm not sure who they were playing.