WTF is up with the wave at the Cell????

Jbrown

I get off on the dash for cash!!!!!!!

Extreme sacrasm alert, that is the worst race ever created

Ya, i guess casual fans are fine, i realize not everyone is diehard, it just bugs me that the game isn't important enough to watch for some of these people. I guess i can see why they do it though. I guess you could sum up my thoughts with this: i just think it's unnecessary

It was hilarious in my section a couple behind me got into a heated argument about it and she just left his ass sitting there. I'm not this passionate about it and I agree it is awesome to just see that many people out there enjoying themselves, but it's a gauge to see who's a real fan I guess. :headbang

Bla!

I hate the wave, and think those that do it are morons.

And I average 50+ games a year  :P

yeah, I can appreciate that, and I average a very high number of games per season too and I think people who drink at the park are morons, I get so tired of the same moronic comments from semi blitzed people who think they are so original, but you never hear me complain...

I think people who don't stand for Home Run of the Century are morons -

I think anyone who yells out "2" "2" for the hat trick is a moron -

anyone who yells "green, green" during the frog race is a moron -

anyone who yells "pepperoini pepperoni" who is not under 12 during the pizza race is a moron -

I think the ATM race is the epitome of moronicism -

I think people who b**** about the upper deck are morons -

but you don't hear me complain! ;) :headbang

Bla!

I hate the wave, and think those that do it are morons.

And I average 50+ games a year  :P

yeah, I can appreciate that, and I average a very high number of games per season too and I think people who drink at the park are morons, I get so tired of the same moronic comments from semi blitzed people who think they are so original, but you never hear me complain...

I think people who don't stand for Home Run of the Century are morons -

I think anyone who yells out "2" "2" for the hat trick is a moron -

anyone who yells "green, green" during the frog race is a moron -

anyone who yells "pepperoini pepperoni" who is under 12 during the pizza race is a moron -

I think the ATM race is the epitome of moronicism -

I think people who b**** about the upper deck are morons -

but you don't hear me complain! ;) :headbang

So anyone that is over 12 that yells "pepperoni pepperoni" isn't a moron lol :lol: i'm saved!

There's a lot of things about fans that bug me. How about this guy:

The guy who has the entire time between innings to get up and go do whatever he's going to do, but waits til the 2nd pitch to make me stand up and dodge around heads to catch the pitch.

Top 10 Most Annoying Things Found at The Cell:

10) Fan-O-Meter Who is Rob Gallas trying to insult with this 3 minute interlude of obnoxiousness?

9) Blue. Only NY stadiums should be blue, I swear the Cell would look 10 times better if they painted everything green that is currently blue.

8) Connie's Pizza Race. Number 40987 of 50123 "races" found on the scoreboard between innings.

7) The Wave. Please get thee to Wrigley Field.

6) Not enough food stands serving corned beef sandwiches. I think it's the best grub there, and you can only find it at one? spot.

5) Creepy Asian Food Vendor. There's this little Asian woman that works there as a vendor, and every time I go to a game(at all sections of the park) she is there within 30 seconds of my sitting down, and always gives me dirty looks. I have people to back me up on this.

4) The O-E-O Magglio song. Where did this come from? What does Magglio have to do with the Wizard of OZ? Am I missing something here? Just cause his name ends in O? Why not, "Just say the word ohhhhhhhh, Magg, Magg, Magglio?

3) Charging extra for the Beer Garden. Greedy Fascists.

2) The Kiss-On-Camera bit. Come on, have you not one original idea in your head?

1) Drunk White Trash Idiots Who Run on the Field

Just having some fun, hope nobody thinks I'm being too much of a party-pooper!

#9 is a few of my cubs buddies biggest complaint about the park, and one of the easiest to fix

And concerning the o e o thing, i could swear in the Wizard of Oz, it goes "oh we loathe, the old one"

This will probly start a 50 post debate about what is said in Wizard of Oz. I can tell you this much, because i argued it at a family party and had some backing. The Wizard of Oz official board game says that that whole part is a bunch of jibberish and qualifies it as "nothing"

10) Fan-O-Meter  Who is Rob Gallas trying to insult with this 3 minute interlude of obnoxiousness?

9) Blue.  Only NY stadiums should be blue, I swear the Cell would look 10 times better if they painted everything green that is currently blue.

8)  Connie's Pizza Race.  Number 40987 of 50123 "races" found on the scoreboard between innings.

7)  The Wave.  Please get thee to Wrigley Field.

6)  Not enough food stands serving corned beef sandwiches.  I think it's the best grub there, and you can only find it at one? spot.

5)  Creepy Asian Food Vendor.  There's this little Asian woman that works there as a vendor, and every time I go to a game(at all sections of the park) she is there within 30 seconds of my sitting down, and always gives me dirty looks.  I have people to back me up on this.

4)  The O-E-O Magglio song.  Where did this come from?  What does Magglio have to do with the Wizard of OZ?  Am I missing something here?  Just cause his name ends in O?  Why not, "Just say the word ohhhhhhhh, Magg, Magg, Magglio?

3)  Charging extra for the Beer Garden.  Greedy Fascists.

2)  The Kiss-On-Camera bit.  Come on, have you not one original idea in your head?

your list sucks totally for the ommision of the ATM race. :nono :angry: :bringit :bang

:lol:

10) Fan-O-Meter  Who is Rob Gallas trying to insult with this 3 minute interlude of obnoxiousness?

9) Blue.  Only NY stadiums should be blue, I swear the Cell would look 10 times better if they painted everything green that is currently blue.

8)  Connie's Pizza Race.  Number 40987 of 50123 "races" found on the scoreboard between innings.

6)  Not enough food stands serving corned beef sandwiches.  I think it's the best grub there, and you can only find it at one? spot.

5)  Creepy Asian Food Vendor.  There's this little Asian woman that works there as a vendor, and every time I go to a game(at all sections of the park) she is there within 30 seconds of my sitting down, and always gives me dirty looks.  I have people to back me up on this.

4)  The O-E-O Magglio song.  Where did this come from?  What does Magglio have to do with the Wizard of OZ?  Am I missing something here?  Just cause his name ends in O?  Why not, "Just say the word ohhhhhhhh, Magg, Magg, Magglio?

2)  The Kiss-On-Camera bit.  Come on, have you not one original idea in your head?

You forgot the most annoying thing that can sometimes be found at Comiskey... CUB FANS!

What's up everyone! I found this board and everyone here cracks me up, and it's nice to find so many well informed Sox fans. Anyway, enough ass kissing. ;)  I've got a question from something I noticed last night in the Cell. WTF is up with all the people doing the wave and would any TRUE fan ever do the wave??? Trying to settle an argument from the bleachers the other day, and we were big time out numbered on this one. :angry:

First off welcome aboard.

I don't get to go to the cell since i'm in SoCal, but typically when their is a larger crowd there are more casual fans.

The larger crowd can be a downer since more casual fans means you have to see the damn wave, but it is an upper to the players, plus it could be a way of converting casual fans to real fans.

Plus, for the Sox to spend money (According to JR) the fans need to show up. I do believe if they draw great size crowds, he's more then willing to have a 70 or even 80 mill payroll.

your list sucks totally for the ommision of the ATM race. :nono :angry: :bringit :bang

:lol:

That was kind of implied in number 8, but a good call!

ATM Race

So anyone that is over 12 that yells "pepperoni pepperoni" isn't a moron lol laugh.gif i'm saved!

The guy who has the entire time between innings to get up and go do whatever he's going to do, but waits til the 2nd pitch to make me stand up and dodge around heads to catch the pitch.

Obviously that should have been phrased better -

I hate the annoying man who brings his daughter and her girlsfriends to the games and sits a few rows in front of me - the idiot stands up, half takes his wallet out of his pocket, and says, "what do you want" and his daughter says "some food item" and then he says "you can't have that" and she names another food item and they go all through the menu item by item until they fiunally agree what she can have, and then he asks the girlfriends if they want it, too, and they of course don't, so we go throuigh that all over again for each girlfriend. And that is like 3 times a game.

Can't the f***er ask the question and play that game SITTING DOWN?

ATM Race < That stupid fat guy they used to have lead the YMCA a few years back.

oh, that guy was horrid -

right after Take Me Out to the Ball Game -

but even worse, the people who stand up and do The Chicken Dance, they should be sterilized so they cannot breed - and the night back in what 95 or so they had Macarana Night I thought I was in hell

So anyone that is over 12 that yells "pepperoni pepperoni" isn't a moron lol laugh.gif i'm saved!

Obviously that should have been phrased better -

I hate the annoying man who brings his daughter and her girlsfriends to the games and sits a few rows in front of me - the idiot stands up, half takes his wallet out of his pocket, and says, "what do you want" and his daughter says "some food item" and then he says "you can't have that" and she names another food item and they go all through the menu item by item until they fiunally agree what she can have, and then he asks the girlfriends if they want it, too, and they of course don't, so we go throuigh that all over again for each girlfriend. And that is like 3 times a game.

Can't the f***er ask the question and play that game SITTING DOWN?

lmfao :lol:

Why do people have to stand up the entire time they are receiving/paying for their food. It's amazing, you can still move your hands while you are sitting down.

ATM Race

oh, that guy was horrid -

right after Take Me Out to the Ball Game -

but even worse, the people who stand up and do The Chicken Dance, they should be sterilized so they cannot breed - and the night back in what 95 or so they had Macarana Night I thought I was in hell

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The Macarena Night, I had forgotten all about that. Well, my day has been sufficiently ruined.

I just thought of another thing, when will they remove the headless cutout of Mike Caruso adorning the Gate 5 ramp? "Hey son, go stand up there and pretend you're Mike Caruso!" "Who is that, dad?"

I just thought of another thing, when will they remove the headless cutout of Mike Caruso adorning the Gate 5 ramp?  "Hey son, go stand up there and pretend you're Mike Caruso!"  "Who is that, dad?"

I do have the head of Mike Caruso -

caruso.gif

kind of small and pin size like, well, I don't want to say it, but I think we will have the headless Mike Caruso at the Cell forever.

What the hell ever happened to Caruso? Last I heard he was with Tampa and then he disappeared. Sucks he was a 1 year wonder with us.

He was with the Royals last year. Don't know if they kept him.

Damn did that guy have the talent to be good. That kid has sick speed.

LMAO

How about the zit faced 13 year old squeeking beer here! and laughing when MY vendor is slowed down from his sworn duty to get ME a beer. Little brats.

Cute women who don't find me charming, cute, and funny while drunk.

TVWDCA (the vendors we don't care about) who can't look at the field and realize they are just pissing people off by standing in the aisle with their f***ing cotton candy when bases are loaded with 2 outs.

And all you major leaguers out there will be glad you don't have to live with the #1 annoying promo. After every foul ball we hear "That's another G&S glass F-O-U-L BALL! and then the sound of glass breaking. Every f***ing foul ball at every game. No let up. How many foul balls are hit a game 30? 40? plus we play 50 home games. I will never never ever use G&S Glass.

I'll take 30,000 waving fans as oppossed to 12,000 b****ing about 18,000 more not showing up. I think the wave shows that the crowd is energized and excited and not reading a magazine or chatting on the phone. The pitcher of Loiaza and Jimenez doing the wave was a tad funny as well. Go SOx.

I'll take 30,000 waving fans as oppossed to 12,000 b****ing about 18,000 more not showing up.  I think the wave shows that the crowd is energized and excited and not reading a magazine or chatting on the phone.  The pitcher of Loiaza and Jimenez doing the wave was a tad funny as well. Go SOx.

thanks for good post!