Charles Martin's hit on McMahon

It was a stupid vicious "hit" from a stupid man.

I know this isn't what you opened this for, but Charles Martin, a nonentity it the NFL, waited until he was in the backfield with Jim, and about three seconds after McMahon threw a pass, he sidled over to #9, lifted him off the ground (nice effort, thug, you're only about 100 pounds heavier than Jim) and slammed him to the ground, right shoulder first.

Frankly, I have never seen a worse move in the NFL. It was not a "hit", it was a predetermined effort to severely injure a player. It was a pathetic attempt to end a man's career. They showed a picture of Martin on the sidelines after the cowardly thing he did. On his towel, there was a "hit list" of Bears.

Charles Martin is about one level above blue-green algae.

I don't know if you will ever find a video of that. I'm pretty sure the NFL makes sure their videos stay off of Youtube and any other video site.

TIFWIW, Some guy was on the score the other night saying that the NFL is releasing full season DVDs (he mentioned that he has been watching the entire 1985 Bears season), so you may have to go that route to see the hit.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 07:21 AM)
I don't know if you will ever find a video of that. I'm pretty sure the NFL makes sure their videos stay off of Youtube and any other video site.

TIFWIW, Some guy was on the score the other night saying that the NFL is releasing full season DVDs (he mentioned that he has been watching the entire 1985 Bears season), so you may have to go that route to see the hit.

Why, Mplssoxfan described it so well, I can see the hit all over again. What a lunchbox that douche was.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
Of the all time cheap shots against Chicago sports, it's in the top 5. The Rodman shove of Pippen as well. Which is why I never could understand Bulls fans embracing Rodman.

I admit that I hated Rodman with Detroit and San Antonio as a person, but always loved him as a player and when we got him for WILL PURDUE, I was psyched. He had some antics that I didn't like, but he was so fun to watch.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
He also died a few years ago at age 46. J Mac wasn't this innocent little player. He was cocky. Martin claimed that he never meant to hurt him that bad, but just to rough him a up.

Cocky != (or , or does not) equal a premediated hit on a player not expecting it. Martin's hit was bush league, PURE and total BUSH league.

What dirty stuff did Mac do on the field? None is what.

Martin came onto the field in that game with a towell listing the numbers of Bears players he wanted to take out. I blame that on the jackass Forrest Gregg.