Mitchell Report Thread

Steve9347

"Brian Roberts"

NOW SHUT UP ABOUT HIM!!!

If these lists are right, then I find it fairly comforting that Everett seems to be the only guy from the 05 team making an appearance on them. And compared to the Red Sox & Cardinals, who are havinjg guys like Varitek, Trot Nixon, and Pujols making appearances, I think we come off looking pretty good.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:05 AM)
The list is real.

Per Rotoworld

The following names are expected to be named in the Mitchell report, according to WNBC:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

Well, while I believe the list is accurate, that doesn't mean it is real. CNBC may be using the same list as the rest of us are seeing.

Or should I say the same "source" that the rest of us are seeing.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
"Brian Roberts"

NOW SHUT UP ABOUT HIM!!!

If these lists are right, then I find it fairly comforting that Everett seems to be the only guy from the 05 team making an appearance on them. And compared to the Red Sox & Cardinals, who are havinjg guys like Varitek, Trot Nixon, and Pujols making appearances, I think we come off looking pretty good.

Looking good, maybe.

Doesn't mean we're clean, though.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
Looking good, maybe.

Doesn't mean we're clean, though.

I really did have a feeling the Sox would come out of this looking ok, if for no other reason than the fact that even a juicer would be scared to shoot up around Frank. It'd have been really nice if our WS team had been 100% clean though.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
I really did have a feeling the Sox would come out of this looking ok, if for no other reason than the fact that even a juicer would be scared to shoot up around Frank. It'd have been really nice if our WS team had been 100% clean though.

I wouldn't have been surprised if a couple bullpen guys were on there. There were some stellar performances that year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)

Again, if a player's name does not show up, it doesn't mean he hasn't used steroids. It just means he hasn't used Radomski to get steroids.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
Again, if a player's name does not show up, it doesn't mean he hasn't used steroids. It just means he hasn't used Radomski to get steroids.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Mitchell report, if it's producing these kinds of names, doesn't go well beyond Radomski.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
I really wouldn't be surprised if the Mitchell report, if it's producing these kinds of names, doesn't go well beyond Radomski.

Yes, but it sounds like there were only a handful of other sources. This is in no way comprehensive, and it would be completely unjustified for any team to cluck about being clean just because they are not much represented on the Mitchell list.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
Ouch Pujols.

Seriously, this isn't just ouch. Think about the ramifications of him getting named in the Mitchell Report today. He's still young, he hasn't even hit his prime. Now, he's going to be booed non-stop, every home run has an asterisks by it from public perception alone. We're going to watch like 13 more years of Albert Pujols putting up stats that just don't matter. The best hitter in the game today has this cloud hanging over his head, and will for MANY YEARS. You'll never have another conversation about Pujols that doesn't involve steroids. He = Barry Bonds now, but he's nowhere close to retiring.

He could hit 700 more homeruns "clean" and it wouldn't matter. His legacy is already toast as he's just laying the groundwork. This is definitely "ouch."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)

Well, it's not like Carl Everett was a major factor for us in '05. If Frank hadn't had that ankle injury, he wouldn't have seen that much playing time.

Not so fast.

A previous report by WNBC naming many prominent MLB players, including Albert Pujols and Roger Clemens, has been disputed by an MLB official who has seen the Mitchell Report.

Rumors have been flying all morning about the potential names that will be released, though nothing has been verified. While WNBC's reported list seems plausible, it is likely we won't know the true identities until the report is officially released

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:27 AM)
Well, it's not like Carl Everett was a major factor for us in '05. If Frank hadn't had that ankle injury, he wouldn't have seen that much playing time.

Eh, he was still there and had some huge hits, he was a big part of that team. Like Balta said, I wish nobody from that team was mentioned but Everett really isn't that surprising when you think about it.

Happy there is no ARod(not that I think he roids but still, didn't want him to be on there), knew 100 percent that Frank wasn't on there so that didn't scare me at all and at least for the most part there aren't impact players from the Sox on there.

Roger Clemens is still a douche.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
Not so fast.

A previous report by WNBC naming many prominent MLB players, including Albert Pujols and Roger Clemens, has been disputed by an MLB official who has seen the Mitchell Report.

Rumors have been flying all morning about the potential names that will be released, though nothing has been verified. While WNBC's reported list seems plausible, it is likely we won't know the true identities until the report is officially released

According to the Score, WNBC is standing by their sources. All I hope is that no big names magically get redacted.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)
Not so fast.

That MLB Official should've said "but yes Gagne is on the list" at the end of that statement.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:30 AM)
Not so fast.

I'm sure that there was some legal action threatened if that statement wasn't put out.