Who is your favorite player currently on the Sox's MLB level team?

Marky Mark

A simple question  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite player currently on the Sox's MLB level team?

• Mark Buehrle
    • Paul Konerko
    • Bobby Jenks
    • AJ Pierzynski
    • Jim Thome
    • Joe Crede
    • Josh Fields
    • Jermaine Dye
    • One of the new guys who hasn't even played for us yet (write your choice)
    • Other (write your choice)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he's healthy...Jermaine Dye. he's got a great arm in RF and just gives it his all every time he steps onto the field.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
When he's healthy...Jermaine Dye. he's got a great arm in RF and just gives it his all every time he steps onto the field.

My most fond memory of JD is when he made a catch in RF late in the game where he ran into the wall and hurt his knee. Looked like he might be really injured, but he stayed in the game, and the next half-inning he came to bat and hit what I believe was a game winning HR. Maybe my mind is failing me, but for some reason I remember that distinctly.

Anyone know if that even happened? And if so, what game was it? I'd like to see the highlight of it again. I'm sure Hawk went nuts.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
I'll go Buehrle. But, at this point I'm a team cheerer.

It's hard to get to liking a guy because of free agency in professional sports.

As soon as you buy their jersey, they leave.

That's why I'm surprised more people aren't voting Konerko. He's played on our team at a consistently high level for a number of years. I mean, granted, so has Buehrle, but Dye hasn't been here that long and neither has Thome but they seem to get more love.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I'll go Buehrle. But, at this point I'm a team cheerer.

It's hard to get to liking a guy because of free agency in professional sports.

As soon as you buy their jersey, they leave.

I am a team cheerer first and foremost. There is no one on this team, that if they left, it would even sway my loyalty in the least. I learned the lesson about players leaving with Robin Ventura. It taught me that the name on the front IS all that matters.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
I am a team cheerer first and foremost. There is no one on this team, that if they left, it would even sway my loyalty in the least. I learned the lesson about players leaving with Robin Ventura. It taught me that the name on the front IS all that matters.

Yep. Ventura killed me too.

:(

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
I have to go with Mark too. Having said that, it's always about the laundry. Never would I root for an ex-Sox to have success against the Sox. However, there are guys who will always be favorites that have come and gone over the years.

Like Frank Thomas vs. the Sox when he came to USCF with the A's in '06.

First at bat, Standing O - Thomas hits HR, fans go nuts.

Second at bat, HR, fans boo him.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
I have to go with Mark too. Having said that, it's always about the laundry. Never would I root for an ex-Sox to have success against the Sox. However, there are guys who will always be favorites that have come and gone over the years.

Absolutely. From the age of about 13, Frank Thomas was my favorite athlete, and when he left the Sox I was 25 and it killed me. But when he faced the Sox both with Toronto and Oakland, I always hoped he'd whiff or GIDP. Other than when he's playing the Sox, he's still my favorite non-Sox player and I'm glad he's been able to find some success after the Sox basically gave up on him.

I voted for marky Mark. Apparently so did alot of us. I like his approach to the game. He is laid back, but doesn't appear as laid back as Garland was. Yet he is also intense, just not as fist-pumping as the idiot pitcher on the north side. A perfect blend right in the middle. And he is just a good ball player.

No doubt Buehrle is my favorite now.

He pitched the biggest game of the 05 World Series run. Game 2 of the ALCS. After losing the opener, he came up huge in Game 2. If he would have allowed just one more run, the Sox may have been down 2-0 going to LA/Anaheim/Orange County. Who knows what could have happened?

The save in game 3 of the series was big time as well.

Really he seems like a guy who comes from a good family, who realizes how lucky he is to be in the situation he's in, pitching in MLB for the Sox.

Though, I must admit Swisher may challenge Buehrle as my favorite if he goes 40 bombs, .400 OPS, 1.000 OPS, and plays a "passable" OF.